Sub-4 Marathon Group

September 2013 (Read 44 times)

DetroitTigerFan

Time to start September Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

DetroitTigerFan

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday

I think I may of had a cold or sinus infection last week. Have had the watery mouth and hydration issues too. Today I woke up congested which tells me my issue is "moving on". I need to keep drinking.  Anyway, I did my V02 max this morning and did ok - 5x600' - hit 2:51 and was shooting for 2:49. My next test is my long run tomorrow - I need a little confidence back. This week is supposed to be cooler

docket - agreed - the humidity knocked me around in addition to my little head issue. I drank all weekend (water) and my weight is back up from the 5 lb loss from last week

Docket_Rocket

Oopsie.

9 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Sounds like you are getting your mojo back, DTF.  Looking forward to hearing how your long run goes.

How did the 9 go,, Docket?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

DTF: Good to hear things improving.

Docket: Great job with the race.  Did you get in your 9 last night.

Out for 3.43 miles today, first week of re-start of marathon schedule after marathon 2 weeks ago.  Decided to make it a tempo run.  Started out with a fast warm-up of 8:10 min pace then increased pace for remaining 3 miles to 7:54, 7:38, then finished last 0.43 miles at 7:31.  Basically finished at almost 5k pace.  Temps were around 71F with humidity and fog.

Have a great day.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Docket_Rocket

The 9 went pretty well, thanks.

Morning!  9 with 6 X 800s tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning. Hip feels okay still. I am keeping my apt tomorrow just in case. 5 miler tonight.

DTF - +1 to Indi's comment

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Roll - Nice to hear that you are still feeling good.  I think its best you keep your appt anyway.  Proactive is best it seems.

Shadow - Nice run.  What is your goal race?

Got in 6.1 miles easy/recovery today @ 8:46 avg pace.  HR just a couple of beats high on avg to be a true recovery run, but I ran in total comfort so I will take it.

Just Run!!!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Shadow - Nice run.  What is your goal race? 

Marine Corps Marathon this year.  Racing the Unicorn which I just completed was my 2nd marathon ever and well...Roll eyes

Originally was going for BQ [<3:40:00] at MCM but now just looking to finish under 4 hrs like Steamtown last year which was 3:46:21 and my first.  [I have run for over 30 yrs but never did a marathon until last year.]  When I was training for Steamtown everything seemed to click, pace, hill work, etc. but not so much this year.

Good run this morning by the way to you too.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

DetroitTigerFan

Well, finished my 12 miler today - my nose is still dripping which makes me think I have a runners cold or something very mild.  Anyway, good news I did the 12 in 9:20 pace (goal 9:30) so I am happy.  I had fun and built confidence keeping positive thoughts during the run.  However, i'm worried about heart rate - I did the run with a heart beat of 10 BPM higher than normal for this workout. I'm wondering if its the lingering effects of the cold perhaps ? (I was running this same workout at the same time of day and conditions about 10 BPM less)  Reason I bring this up is I have a tune up race 10K on Saturday.  Will this cold affect my performance if it robs me of 10 BPM ?

Hope everyone is having a great evening !

Rusk Runner

DTF - NIce!  Glad to hear.  To answer your questions as best I can, probably and probably.

First of a planned double done this morning in gorgeous 54 deg weather.  4 miles @ 9:00 pace, HR nice and low.

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

DTF - the higher HR with a cold may just be an oxygen thing as well, not necessarily a sick thing.  I started running with breathe right strips since I have chronic allergy issues, congestion and nose drip issues, and boy did it ever make a difference.  There has to be a reason you see so many athletes wearing them for their events.

Play the Game Hard!

I always have a bad case of the "nose" when I run. I have often thought of bringing a small hand towel along but, seems nasty.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Welp, this month has been tough training for me so far.  Bagged an 18 miler due to side stitches and just plain being run down/deadlegged this weekend. I did make up some of the miles on Monday.  Tuesday's 6 with 600m repeats went fine, with the repeats done between a 7:15/7:30 pace.  Today's 11 miler turned into 10 because of time constraints, but I managed to run it around a 9:30 pace, which I guess means my legs aren't AS bad as I thought.  I think its just the end of the cycle for me and I'm getting tot hat point where the cumulative fatigue of higher mileage and more intensity than i am used to getting to me.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Rusk Runner

Double done.  5 miles @ 8:25 pace.  HR just above recovery.  Legs are a little tired and I dont know if I should do a recovery run in the morning or wait until Friday.  I have a few hours to think about it.

Just Run!!!