Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Rusk Runner

Monumental is getting pretty popular but I think the only reason it sold out last year is because NYC marathon entrants were looking for an alternate race.  I ran my first half there and it was a well organized race.

I do hope to be running it in November.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

bagopux

nachos -- keep yourself healthy and best of luck to you.  We definitely don't want anyone pulling a Kevin Ware.

Ball of Fury

Monumental is getting pretty popular but I think the only reason it sold out last year is because NYC marathon entrants were looking for an alternate race.  I ran my first half there and it was a well organized race.

I do hope to be running it in November.

I hope you are too!  I went ahead and registered just in case it sold out...and also because I thought DH might chicken out...he can't now because he is a tightwad!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

hahaha I don't think so.  I'm signed up for the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee for fall but I highly doubt I'd be in BQ shape. My qualifying time is 3:35... which is like an 8:10 pace. That sounds pretty fast (and out of reach!)

I don't know...it doesn't sound that out of reach for you!

Trail Monster

Docket - Hope the rib heals quickly!

Nachos - Sorry to hear about your shin! How long does the doc think you need to stop running?

Everyone else - great running!

I was supposed to do 10-13 today per my coach but I'm tired, sore and I had a rough day at work. I wrestled 70 lb fan blades up and down our shop all day and loaded and unloaded them off trailers. I decided to trade today's mileage with tomorrow's rest day. Hopefully coach is cool with that. I need to be okay for my trail 30k this weekend.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

onemile

Well I don't like to say never so we'll see Smile  It's not really my goal though.  And then I would have to train for a spring marathon which I NEVER want to do again Joking

I don't know...it doesn't sound that out of reach for you!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Nachos - so sorry to hear that about your shin Sad  cycling can be a ton of fun - be careful out there though ! Who knows, maybe you shall run again one day.

Docket- take care of that rib!

Onemile- 8:10 does sound fast - 8:35 really sounds scary to me too.  I want to go for the BQ at some point - seems like our fitness is close.  Who knows what the future will bring (although gosh- spring marathon training is ROUGH).

Me: well earned SRD today.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

BQ talk is fun to watch from here, waaaaay in the back of the pack. I think you two should consider it.

me - 5 difficult miles tonight. Glad I ran them though. Eating poorly is like a hangover, how many times does it take to learn the lesson. I blame tonight's level of difficulty on two days of poor food choices.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Got up at Indy time this morning (3:45) and had a really good strength workout at the track!  I did 3 x 2 miles @ 7:48, 7:49, and 7:48 with 800 recoveries.  Had to cut my last recovery very short because I ran out of time but I was pleased with the workout.  It felt pretty tough, and my legs were really tired, but I pushed through and was happy that my intervals were all within 2 seconds of one another.  I did have to stop on the last interval to stretch my LEFT ITB, which isn't the one I have had trouble with, so not too happy about that.  I guess I will have them do Graston on both sides next time I go to PT!

Roll:  I hear you on the food choices!  I suppose chips and salsa and wine are probably not the best choices with a tough workout the next day.  I often wonder how much more I could do if I would just get it together and eat clean 95% of the time!

Sprinkles:  Hope you enjoyed your rest day!  I think the thing with the BQ that gets me is that the damn McMillan calculator keeps telling me I can do it!  I know that is based on higher mileage, though, and I am not sure I have the time to get up into the 70s!

Banshee:  You definitely earned a rest day!

onemile

8:35 sounds scary to me too! *gulp*   I do think that if you should pick a pace that is slightly scary though! And yes, if your half is 1:45 - 8:35 sounds spot on Smile

Onemile- 8:10 does sound fast - 8:35 really sounds scary to me too.  I want to go for the BQ at some point - seems like our fitness is close.  Who knows what the future will bring (although gosh- spring marathon training is ROUGH).

Me: well earned SRD today.

Rollcast - us ladies get the benefit of slower BQ times. The guy standards are pretty crazy.  Nice job getting the 5 done.

Amik - very nice on the strength intervals!

Rollcast - us ladies get the benefit of slower BQ times. The guy standards are pretty crazy.

Not the "old guy" standards.  Smile

onemile

What's your BQ time?

Not the "old guy" standards.  Smile

What's your BQ time?

4:10 for a 67 year old.  It used to be 4:15 before they tightened up the standards a couple of years ago.  I'm only shooting for a 4:15 for my next marathon in four weeks.  I should do the 4:10 thing in Chicago.  (...hopefully a lot better than 4:10).

bagopux

Here comes the humidity.... just in time for my half this weekend.  Yuck!

Ami - I read somehwere that the average person eating chips and salsa before a meal takes in approx 1,000 calories. Fried corn chips add up quickly i guess. Its just so hard to say to the chips and salsa. Salsa always reminds me of a Seinfeld episode....salsa.....seltzer....salsa....seltzer.

Onemile - 36 yr old male BQ time is 3:10..... maybe thats a "later in life" goal for me.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27