Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Rusk Runner

Cbus - Indianapolis of course.  It is the crossroads of America after all.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

I would be up for Chi town. I wonder if we did a group charity thing if we could all do Boston? Just a thought

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

I would be up for Chi town. I wonder if we did a group charity thing if we could all do Boston? Just a thought

I like this idea but I have no idea what the logistics would be--and our faster runners might not want to be held back.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Cbus - Indianapolis of course.  It is the crossroads of America after all.

Monumental would be good, but too many of us have already scheduled races too close to it, so it would have to be next year. But I could definitely commit to that!

Smashy!!!

Is someone using Powerstep insoles? I think Flinders, you might? Would putting those in neutral shoes provide adequate support while keeping the flexibility onew neutral shoe?

Nick - that's a nice tempo run.  Seems intense.  Is that part of a HM training plan?  I know little of such things, but I guess it would make sense that tempo runs for a half are faster than tempo runs for the same runner/fitness level for a full?

ap4 and Cbus - I'm originally from OC.  I will probably do Surf City someday.  It is pretty close to my parents place so I have done a lot of runs nearby when I'm there visiting.  I'd run along the Santa Ana River to Huntington Beach and back - flattest run ever.  For those not from LA/OC, those "rivers" are big, ugly concrete drainage things that connect inland to the ocean.  Perfect for running and biking, but not too pretty.

I had a great morning run.  This was Pfitz's recovery week, which means he gave me an extra rest day after Sunday's 17 mile LR.  Plus my wife was busy last night, so I had to bump it another half day to this morning.  Too many days off!  I guess I was well rested and my legs must have wanted to run.

12 miles at 8:13!  I knew it was too fast for a normal training run, but it felt like any other easy run so I went with it.  Racquetball tonight and 9 miles tomorrow night.  BTW racquetball is not good cross training.  It's probably the worst kinds of stresses on ankles and knees for a runner, but whatcha gonna do.

onemile

Oh I would be up for a Donut meetup. Especially if it's somewhere in the midwest.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Is someone using Powerstep insoles? I think Flinders, you might? Would putting those in neutral shoes provide adequate support while keeping the flexibility onew neutral shoe?

I tried Powerstep insoles in my running shoes for a while (WR15s).  I was using them to try to allievate PF, but I realized that what was aggrivating my PF was my non-running shoes, so I switched the insoles to my street shoes.  I like them for that, and I think they have helped alleviate my PF.   I don't know how much support they'd give to someone with normal to flatter arches for running (probably more than what I experienced (I have high arches), but I don't know).  They are flexible enough to run in; I stopped using them because I didn't really notice a difference in the running shoes but did notice one in street shoes.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Canuck

Good morning all.  Didn't end up running after work last night, the house was a mess when I got home and I felt like it needed to be organized.  I will run today instead.  One good thing about only running 4 days a week for now is that it is easy to switch days around.  Sorry to those of you who are still experiencing winter weather!  We've had a pretty good week, it has been sunny and the daytime highs have been getting up into the low 60s.  Great running weather.  Of course, it is going to rain on the weekend, figures.  I signed up for the NYC Marathon Lottery yesterday.  Not so much that I want to run it this year, but I needed my third strike, as I was grandfathered in to the last of that three strikes and you're in program.  So, I'll definitely be in next year for sure.

Sprinkles - my father is also from Germany - Braunschweig near Hannover, but he's lived in Copenhagen, Denmark since the early 70s, so I think he considers himself more Danish now.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Smashy!!!

Germany put a spanking on Spain in the Champions League semi.

Ball of Fury

Afternoon Donuts!  Been a crazy morning at work, but I finally had time to catch up.  I won't really talk about my run because I am sure you are tired of hearing about my woes (hell, I am tired of hearing about my woes), but will just say there were more tears than miles this morning.  I went to PT yesterday and had Graston and it felt like he was breaking things up (aka:  it hurt like hell) and my left leg is perfectly fine, but my right is just not.  I made an appointment for tomorrow with an orthopod who supposedly is a runner and is the official doc for the Flying Pig marathon here.  It just feels different than ITBS pain and I wanted to get his opinion.  At this point, I honestly don't know if I will be able to run the Mini or not, much less reach my goal Cry

CBus:  I vote for Monumental too!  But, let's face it, that's 90 minutes from my house so I am biased.  Wish I could help you on the pronation thing.

Cmb:  I really hope you get to ditch the boot!

Sprinkles:  Enjoy the extra rest!

Josh:  Glad you ITB felt better for your run.  I will have to look into the rumble roller.

Indy:  40 miles is a great week!

MDawg:  You enjoy that good weather.  When I "ran" this morning, it was 36.

Roll:  Nice 6.5...you are doing some really good running lately.

Docket:  90 degrees...yuck!

Ap:  Good luck at your HM next weekend.  Sounds like you are ready for a PR.

One:  Glad the Graston helped and you are feeling good.  I will channel CBus, "Run slow and easy!"

Jedi:  Very nice LT run...you are going to smash your HM.

Nick:  That's a great tempo run...very speedy!

Dark Streets:  Nice 12-miler!  I have never played raquetball...I would probably knock myself out.

Zoe:  I hope you enjoy your run in nice weather today.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rusk Runner

Cbus - I have used powerstep insoles but I thought that Archmold Max, Sole DK Signature, or Superfeet Green, were all better options.  I need arch support and have used  either of the first two mentioned for all runs, 3 miles to 26.2 miles.  There was another type that caught my interest but I cant say anything about them as I havent tried them.

Amik - I feel for you.  And raquetball is a blast.  Havent played in years, but it is a blast.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

dark_streets - yes, that is prepping for a half marathon in June, and so is at my hoped for HM pace (according to my watch at least, i am giving myself some leeway for not running perfect tangents, etc.)

Ami - sorry to hear that about difficulties with your leg. Hope the doc can give you some good news

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

THIS.  Ha!  Since good lord its impossible to get in this year.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Mayor Bloomberg just said the Boston bombers were headed to the NYC marathon next with similar bombs. Planned on using the car they carjacked, reportedly. Scary but doesn't make sense, I thought ING is scheduled for November. Or is there another NYC marathon

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27