Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Smashy!!!

I am 2.5 hours away so it won't be an issue for me but I have my first FM (if I make it to the start this year) on Jan 19th. Unless I ran that as a half instead.

Then I don't think Austin would work, after all.

I know I can get my family excited either for Chicago or something in DC or even that Dopey thing. I know all those races are now far away, but that would give me time to start stashing some cash to pay for a trip. Would people be interested in actually doing this thing?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Oops - just saw that Ami updated us.  Times Square. Because we haven't all heard that one before. I hate living in a terrorist target sometimes - I commute through Grand Central every day and every day I dread it just  a tiny bit.

Hmm.  I think I am the other way, at least by now.  I live a couple of blocks from the US Capitol, work a couple blocks from the White House, and a good number of my runs pass through the Capitol grounds and the monumental core, so I sometimes feel that I am inured to the general threat level, or at least don't give it a second thought.  But, frankly, most of those are pretty hardened targets; I'm not spending much time in large masses of people in public spaces.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Then I don't think Austin would work, after all.

I know I can get my family excited either for Chicago or something in DC or even that Dopey thing. I know all those races are now far away, but that would give me time to start stashing some cash to pay for a trip. Would people be interested in actually doing this thing?

The only thing in DC in the spring is a RnR HM/FM, which I wouldn't want anyone to make the trip for. The Cherry Blossom 10M is a good race, though. Usually the first weekend in April (save when that weekend is Easter); registration lottery is right after Thanksgiving.

(But not a good race for allergy sufferers..)

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Smashy!!!

I'm starting to lean toward Chicago (sorry Dopey).

The only thing in DC in the spring is a RnR HM/FM, which I wouldn't want anyone to make the trip for. The Cherry Blossom 10M is a good race, though. Usually the first weekend in April (save when that weekend is Easter); registration lottery is right after Thanksgiving.

(But not a good race for allergy sufferers..)

Smashy!!!

Omg...hilarious!!

Somebody told me that HM and FM are made up of a bunch of 5ks put together. So, technically, I've run many 5ks. Problem solved.

Ball of Fury

Somebody told me that HM and FM are made up of a bunch of 5ks put together. So, technically, I've run many 5ks. Problem solved.

So then you're in, right?  Seriously I would be interested and love destination races of any sort really.  I just need a lot of advance notice because we sign up for vacation from work starting in June/July for the next year.  If I can ever get healthy, I was thinking of trying for a BQ at a spring marathon next year but who knows.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

What about flying pig in may 2014?

or Pittsburgh also in May

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

What about flying pig in may 2014?

or Pittsburgh also in May

Have you seen the course for the Pig?  Are you nuts?? How about Shamrock?

Have you seen the course for the Pig?  Are you nuts?? 

No and yes Cool

I just googled (bing actually) Shamrock and would definitely be up for that.

White Lightning

Nick - That was one heck of a tempo run, Nice job

Amik - Not sure if the rumble roller will help with the ITB but it sure did help getting deep into my hips where I have a lot of tightness issues.  As close to a real massage as I've seen so far

Me - 4 easy miles at 10:16.  Great feeling to get two days in a row, I was having running log withdrawal.  Amazing how fast spring comes up here, trees budded over night and grass turned green over night.  Yoga tonight and I have a date with the rumble roller again

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

I just googled (bing actually) Shamrock and would definitely be up for that.

Looks like a great race in a good location, even for kiddos!

mdawg87

Good evening!  Weights, cycling, and stretching at my sister's gym this morning.  Sunny and mid 80s for the remainder of our time here.  Ahhh...spring in FL!  I promise I'm not trying to rub it in.  I just love warm weather more than the average bear!  If I had to live anywhere north of Atlanta, I don't know what I'd do.

I'd be down for a donut meet up.  I'm pretty flexible with when and where.  However, I'm hoping to be busy training for Boston next spring.  So...if a spring race is chose, I'm hoping I'll be unavailable!

AmiK:  So sorry to hear you're still suffering.  Let us know what the doctor says.  Fingers crossed it's easily fixed.

Josh:  Glad you are feeling better and getting some runs in.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Not sure if I can sell Utah to my husband as a place to visit....

ING is November- to my knowledge there wasn't a marathon in NYC last weekend, nor is there one this weekend.  There's a half in Brooklyn but its small and not high profile enough for anyone not part of the running community to even know about to my knowledge.

Oops - just saw that Ami updated us.  Times Square. Because we haven't all heard that one before. I hate living in a terrorist target sometimes - I commute through Grand Central every day and every day I dread it just  a tiny bit.

I'll visit Austin...or anywhere really.  Just don't make the race uphill both ways in the snow, because god knows that's pretty much what running in NYC entails.  If you find flat terrain, its so windy you can't breathe.  Anyone live in Utah? That is all downhill there.  They like their canyons.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Really? Zion and Bryce canyons are some of the most breath taking sites on Earth.

Not sure if I can sell Utah to my husband as a place to visit....