Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Rusk Runner

Probably not for me as the family is talking about a trip out west next year.  DW has little to no interest in marathoning, period.  I have alot of friends out there, but I just have to many family commitments to add another trip to the roster. I sure would like to make it to meet a bunch of you folks.  As it is I hope to meet Amik and her DH in Indy this Fall.

PT left my lower left back pretty darn sore.  The ITB I can easily deal with but the red spots are pretty funny.  Looking for a 6 mile run today and 10 to 12 tomorrow.  Looking to be halfway through May to get some speedwork in.  Gotta do some work to get ready for the local 5 K.  I am pretty sure sub 21 is in the bag as I can do that for a 4 miler in the Fall.  I would like to be as close to sub 20 as possible through heat and hills.  I guess that means speed work during the heat of the day on Wednesdays to attempt to get ready.  If I run a half this year, I would probably run the same one as last year (Heartland Half in September) and make my attempt to get as close to sub 1:40 as possible.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

When is Shamrock?  I'll run it by Mr. Docket.  If there is a 5K or 10K that weekend, better.

5K done!  26:10 without albuterol, so faster without ever!  If I had not run an ultra last week I woyld've PRd.  I ran super nice anD the chest didn't feel like it was dying.  It was 84F again so adjusted is somewhere in the low 24s so very happy.

March 15-16.  They have an 8K as part of it, so Mr. Docket will have something to aim for, as well.

I'm a tentative yes.  It is close enough for me.  But I am contemplating trying to do Two Oceans next spring, so it'd be a LR if I run it.  Or I could try the double of RnR DC on the 15th and Shamrock on the 16th.  Michael Wardian does it every year it seems, though he can do them each in about 2:30....

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Looking to be halfway through May to get some speedwork in.  Gotta do some work to get ready for the local 5 K.  I am pretty sure sub 21 is in the bag as I can do that for a 4 miler in the Fall.  I would like to be as close to sub 20 as possible through heat and hills.  I guess that means speed work during the heat of the day on Wednesdays to attempt to get ready.  If I run a half this year, I would probably run the same one as last year (Heartland Half in September) and make my attempt to get as close to sub 1:40 as possible.

Indy, I think with your training base, 1:40 should be in the bag.  I was able to run 1:40 on the nail on a very hilly course six weeks after my full on just the residual fitness gains plus "speedwork" of racing two 5Ks and 2 10Ks in between.  Your training has been better and more consistent than anything I have ever done, too.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

onemile

Nice on the 5k Damaris.

Indi - sounds like your PT worked you hard. That's the kind of PT I like.  I wish I could run sub-1:40 too.  I think it's very doable for you.  And I'd like to run another half  before I get knee deep in marathon training again but it doesn't look like anything will work out with my schedule.  So I think my next will have to be my tune up for Lakefront.

Shamrock - it's a long ways off yet for me to commit and I haven't decided if I'll want to run a spring marathon again or maybe just focus on the half.  BUT likely I would be up for the half. It doesn't take much for me to want to go somewhere new and I have not been to VA Beach yet  so if ya'll are going to be there I will likely join you.

I've decided to be good and restrained and haven't run yet.  Still resting.  The last thing I need is to injure myself and set back all the progress I've made this past year.

London !

What?

Cool

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, sounds promising.  The only bad thing would be if we get to do the Paris Marathon in which case I would not travel the month prior.  I'll see what I can do.  I would prefer Shamrock since RnR DC is super hilly, so if we make this a donut FE race, this one sounds good.

March 15-16.  They have an 8K as part of it, so Mr. Docket will have something to aim for, as well.

I'm a tentative yes.  It is close enough for me.  But I am contemplating trying to do Two Oceans next spring, so it'd be a LR if I run it.  Or I could try the double of RnR DC on the 15th and Shamrock on the 16th.  Michael Wardian does it every year it seems, though he can do them each in about 2:30....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

Re: support - I have 0 support from anyone other than you guys and a few close friends. Most people (family and coworkers) don't care and don't understand. I may get asked the obligatory "so did you run this weekend?" then after I say "yes", the glazed conversation changes to something the other party really wants to discuss. So that really really sucks to me, especially after the years of dedication and training, but oh well.  This doesn't include the comments I get like "are you sure you wont need a knee replacement someday?" and "if you're not going to win the marathon, why do you even try run it"  After I get upset with these questions and explain the reasons they just glaze over again and shrug their shoulders.  That's what I call world class support for achieving something that less than 1% of the population has attempted.....

Re: Shamrock - discussion topics

- What are the temps like on race day ?

- Will there be a standard donut uniform ?

- What is the donut policy on pony tail length ? and will it be subject to a random donut audit? Smile (joking!!)

- What is the target group pace ? and what race are you looking at ? (HM, 8K, 5K)

Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

I won't even worry about temps on race day because anything has to be better than this shit down here.

My husband supports me but he does not care about my races, etc.  So I talk in the forums about it and you guys are the only ones I bug with the topic, ha.

He still does not understand long distances.  He actually asked me the night before the ultra why was I doing that race (as in why even bother with an 8 hour run?)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

But an ultra with Sand Dunes of Hell?  Even we don't understand you sometimes. Smile

8 miles this morning.  Nice start for the day. SF in June is my fallback marathon. Get to run the golden gate

Ball of Fury

Re: support - I have 0 support from anyone other than you guys and a few close friends. Most people (family and coworkers) don't care and don't understand. I may get asked the obligatory "so did you run this weekend?" then after I say "yes", the glazed conversation changes to something the other party really wants to discuss. So that really really sucks to me, especially after the years of dedication and training, but oh well.  This doesn't include the comments I get like "are you sure you wont need a knee replacement someday?" and "if you're not going to win the marathon, why do you even try run it"  After I get upset with these questions and explain the reasons they just glaze over again and shrug their shoulders.  That's what I call world class support for achieving something that less than 1% of the population has attempted.....

Re: Shamrock - discussion topics

- What are the temps like on race day ?

- Will there be a standard donut uniform ?

- What is the donut policy on pony tail length ? and will it be subject to a random donut audit? Smile (joking!!)

- What is the target group pace ? and what race are you looking at ? (HM, 8K, 5K)

Smile

I, for one, shall be sporting a VERY bouncy ponytail, so if you don't want to look at it, I suggest you run faster than me Big grin

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Ha!  Well said

But an ultra with Sand Dunes of Hell?  Even we don't understand you sometimes. Smile

8 miles this morning.  Nice start for the day. SF in June is my fallback marathon. Get to run the golden gate

Damaris

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

Afternoon all.  Was hoping for 5-6 miles today but we are at sustained 30+ mph winds so no need to run in that garbage.  Did get an hour of Yoga in so its not a complete loss.  Hope everyone's afternoon is going well

Play the Game Hard!

I, for one, shall be sporting a VERY bouncy ponytail, so if you don't want to look at it, I suggest you run faster than me Big grin

Ha. classic

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Ha. classic

Especially coming from someone who can't even run right now, huh?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rusk Runner

Got 6 miles at 9:00 pace and my average HR was 2 bpm above recovery pace?  Stride felt good and I said to myself, no way PT could have results this soon, but my stride felt markedly better.  Weird, but it was a nice run.  10 or 12 tomorrow.

You guys are the only people I can have more than a couple minute conversation about running.  And thanks for the support on my shorter distance goals!  Hopefully we will get this left leg in order and a couple of races can be run.

Just made my DD a bowl of soba.  Lord help me I didnt think she would eat buckwheat  noodles, and I even put a tad of wasabli in the soup, but she dug right in and said she really liked it.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!