Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

Husband didn't balk at the Virginia Beach target in March, so there is hope!

Morning!  Off to do my LR in my new road Hokas.  Hope I like them.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Alright!  You will be my pacer, girl!

I can commit to the half. Why the hell not Smile target pace 1:40? 1:39:39?

Smashy!!!

Alright!  You will be my pacer, girl!

So, does that mean you're a firm commit? If so, that'd make three.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Easy tapering 6 miler for me this am. Felt strange just doing 6m today on my LR day, but it's all about next Sunday at this point of the game.

I'm a strong maybe for Shamrock, but just too many balls in the air yet for me to plan that just yet. I've been wanting to do that one for awhile now.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

Too early for me to commit 100%.  If it was in the fall, I would. But it's almost a year a way!

So, does that mean you're a firm commit? If so, that'd make three.

Mdawg, I am late to answer-Ap4 beat me to it. If that doesn't work it may need a new battery, 5 years is very good if on your first battery.

Nice pace on the progression run Jedi!

I have been nursing a painful right knee, onr week before my race, but managed 8k yesterday. Cleaning up the yard after the winter today, lots of small branches down, plants to trim, some to be replanted in different spots, bushes to trim etc.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Too early for me to commit 100%.  If it was in the fall, I would. But it's almost a year a way!

Same here.  I won't know if I can commit to it until this fall sometime.

LR for me this morning.  20.36 @ 9:17.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Same here.  I won't know if I can commit to it until this fall sometime.

Onemile- I think we'd be pacing each other- we can each overtake pacing duties for parts of the race! Pretty sure our paces are very similar.

Cbus- I'm with everyone else about waiting until fall for a firm commit.  If people are BQ'd then it might make it hard for them to make it (I doubt I will be so, whatever, I can go whenever wherever, so this sounds great to me).  Lets keep the discussion abound though.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

I did 12.20 in the new Hokas.  Fast pace for me, especially so close after the ultra and the 5K yesterday.  I mean, I have not run at sub-11 in weeks if not months and I was running closer to MP than anything else.

Great job on the runs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

I want to be skeptical but it is hard not to admit what I am seeing in my running.  I ran 12.22 miles today and went with the hills (about 2400 ft up and same down) slowing my pace to about 9:19 per mile.  I finishsed with an 8:30 gentle uphill mile and my overa llavg  HR was about 5 bpm above recovery rate.  My stride is at the moment more comfortable than I have felt in months.  I dont know how one friggin visit and a little PT homework could do this, but apparently it has done it and I am happy, happy, happy.  Running in the wind and rain today, happy, happy, happy.

Smoothie and fish tacos for a post run meal.  Jaguars had a good draft.  Hot cup of good coffee. 42.5 miles for the week. Happy, happy, happy.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

I'm already registered for the Shamrock.  My DD will be doing the half.  (She refuses to do training for a full over the winter.)  A couple of of her friends (they are all Ironmen) will be doing the full.  Looks like a couple of my friends from the ATL area will be going also, one for the half and the other for the full.  I expect to stay at the Holiday Inn Ocenside (21st street) where I stayed last year.  I go up early Friday morning and leave right after the run on Sunday.

Mdawg:  You can do either a hard or soft reset.  If you do need to upgrade, I have both the 310xt and 910xt and they both work well although unless you are a swimmer you probably don't need the pricier 910xt.

DR:  It was only a couple of days ago that you said DH said "No way" about the Shamrock.  Quick change of mind.

Ball of Fury

Indy:  So glad you are feeling better!!  Great run!

Shamrock: DH says he is in, so it would only depend on vacation at work, which most likely won't be a problem.  We are actually thinking of the HM, as a tune-up for a full later in the spring.  We have the Monumental full in November and early March seems quick for another full.  So, we are open to suggestions for a FM later in the spring.  It needs to be somewhere close, since we will likely make Shamrock an extended trip, probably adults only Big grin.  So far, we are considering Carmel, Illinois, and Glass City.  Obviously, Carmel is the easiest and cheapest, but I worry about the course because this would be the race I would hope to try for a BQ.  Thoughts?

RV:  Can you list a few hotels that are near the start of Shamrock?  I know zero about Virginia Beach.  Are there any that are on the beach?

Others:  Sorry no personals, it's late and we are getting kids ready for bed and all that jazz.  Catch up tomorrow.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Indi - glad to hear it. I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY for you!  Smile

Amik - I think Carmel would be a good BQ course.  I thought it was fast and flat.

Mdawg - I like my Garmin 610. Just throwing that out there if you are still considering options.

So far, we are considering Carmel, Illinois, and Glass City.  Obviously, Carmel is the easiest and cheapest, but I worry about the course because this would be the race I would hope to try for a BQ.  Thoughts?

RV:  Can you list a few hotels that are near the start of Shamrock?  I know zero about Virginia Beach.  Are there any that are on the beach?

I'm doing the Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon (not a trail marathon, just named after the Lake Wobegon Trail) on May 11th.  (It is always the second Saturday in May.)  I don't know if that is close enough for you.  It is flat with only one turn on the course which is a Rails to Trails paved path.  Nice and fast.  It is where I have my PR and hope to get another there in two weeks.  Smile  It is capped at a low number of runners; I think there are 399 entrants this year.

I think maybe ALL the hotels in Virginia Beach are on the beach, and I think every room in these hotels faces out onto the beach.  These hotels are all narrow and long.  I was going to post this link to the marathon's recommended hotels, but the link is broken and the message says that they are aware of it.  So, maybe just check the Shamrock Marathon site every few days to see if the link has been fixed.

There are less expensive places away from the beach, but I definitely prefer the beach venue.

Ball of Fury

RV:  Thanks for the hotel info!  It sounds like a great marathon, but St. Cloud is 12 hours from us so probably a bit too far.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15