Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Finally got my tempo in. I'll be back go personals. Great news Indi.

I doubled with a quick 3 right before lunch.

6 miles this evening

8:36

8:27

8:25

8:10

7:53

7:11

39.5 miles for the week and I missed a run.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

That's because he started to run this week.  That no way was from prior months.

I'm already registered for the Shamrock.  My DD will be doing the half.  (She refuses to do training for a full over the winter.)  A couple of of her friends (they are all Ironmen) will be doing the full.  Looks like a couple of my friends from the ATL area will be going also, one for the half and the other for the full.  I expect to stay at the Holiday Inn Ocenside (21st street) where I stayed last year.  I go up early Friday morning and leave right after the run on Sunday.

Mdawg:  You can do either a hard or soft reset.  If you do need to upgrade, I have both the 310xt and 910xt and they both work well although unless you are a swimmer you probably don't need the pricier 910xt.

DR:  It was only a couple of days ago that you said DH said "No way" about the Shamrock.  Quick change of mind.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Another day of lazy nothingness over here!  I have my follow-up this afternoon to see what the MRI showed, which I am assuming is absolutely nothing.  I considered getting up and doing Insanity this morning, just to exercise, but decided it would be better to wait and make absolutely sure there is no stress fracture.  I did find a new set of stretches and hip exercises online yesterday (Frederickson protocol or something like that) so I did those yesterday and will keep doing them until I go to the new PT to see what he says.  My legs were feeling pretty good yesterday so I did a test "run" across my living room, but yeah, the pain came back immediately.  I must tell you I am surprised at how depressed I am about not being able to run.  It's not even missing the race, I don't think....I just want to go outside and run.  And of course, when you can't run, you just see runners everywhere!!  Anyway, enough whining from me.  I am NOT going to complain anymore...I am going to do what needs to be done to get back out there.

CBus:  Yuck...I hope you feel better today!

Roll:  Nice tempo run and weekly mileage!

Docket:  How cool that your DH has been bitten by the running bug!  Watch out...it gets WAY more expensive to run races when you both have to register.

Jedi:  Hope you have a good taper week....don't go crazy!

Simon:  Sorry to hear about your knee pain.  I hope it is something minor and you get back to running pain free ASAP.

Flinders:  That is a nice pace for 20!!

Onemile:  Thanks!  Have it narrowed down to Carmel or Glass City, but probably Carmel.  All my Indy peeps talk about how "hilly" the course is, but I think that's just because they are used to running the Mini and Monumental, which are flat, flat, flat.

Other donuts:  Hi!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - it's all good. Pretty calm this week. No crazy from me.Smile Just excited for Sunday! Hang in these waiting on those MRI results.

Jedi:  Hope you have a good taper week....don't go crazy! 

indi - solid week and that is some good elev climb.

Roll - nice tempo miles

DR - when is he signing up for 26.2.Smile

me - easy 5m this morning in the intermittent rain to kick-off  race week. 3m @ goal pace tomorrow to stay sharp for Sunday. Weather looks good, but have not really obsessed over it yet. 45.2 miles for me last week as I embrace the taper. Probably signing up for Philly today if not tomorrow.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK - I'm looking at Glass City for next spring as well if BQ don't happen this fall. Along with Shamrock, ODM, and NJM other BQ destinations for spring. Gettysburg or Pittsburgh if BQ happens this fall.

Onemile:  Thanks!  Have it narrowed down to Carmel or Glass City, but probably Carmel.  All my Indy peeps talk about how "hilly" the course is, but I think that's just because they are used to running the Mini and Monumental, which are flat, flat, flat. 

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

Good morning!  Back to reality today.  I was able to get some work done last week.  That kept my head above water so I didn't have to walk back into a nightmare at the office.  Got home yesterday afternoon to rain, rain, and more rain in Atlanta.  Depressing after you leave sunshine at the beach.  Oh well, I will be back soon!  Abs, cycling, and stretching at the gym this morning.

Thanks for the advice on my Garmin.  It seems to be working now after the reset.  We'll see how it performs on this weekend's run.

Roll:  Nice tempo and weekly mileage.  Looking strong!

AmiK:  I feel for you!  Hang in there, girl.  It will get better.  Let us know the MRI results.

Jedi:  Things are setting up well for you this weekend.  Hope the weather is good.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

Nice 6 there, Roll.

Amik - complain away. We know how much not being able to run sucks.  Fingers crossed your MRI turns out fine.  Although, at least with a stress fracture there is an easy answer and a time frame for when it will be healed.  And when it's healed it's done unlike some injuries that can drag on forever.  I have pretty high standards for flat because I never run on hills and while Carmel had a few slight inclines, I can't imagine anyone calling it hilly!

jedi - you have not obsessed over the weather yet? What are you waiting for?  Smile

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Had to take another URD yesterday, and in fact I was laid up in bed all day. Feeling a lot better today, but still dealing with this congestion. Not sure whether I'll run today or not, but my gut says to play it safe and take another day off to recover.

I'm okay with holding off until summer or fall  to make a definitive decision on Shamrock. My worry is that costs will go up the longer I wait, so there is a chance that the trip can become too expensive for us. But I'm not very good at logistics, so my worries might be misplaced.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Nice 6 there, Roll.

Amik - complain away. We know how much not being able to run sucks.  Fingers crossed your MRI turns out fine.  Although, at least with a stress fracture there is an easy answer and a time frame for when it will be healed.  And when it's healed it's done unlike some injuries that can drag on forever.  I have pretty high standards for flat because I never run on hills and while Carmel had a few slight inclines, I can't imagine anyone calling it hilly!

jedi - you have not obsessed over the weather yet? What are you waiting for?  Smile

You know, I think that's the thing that has me down the most....if it is just my ITB, how long will it take to improve?  Will it improve?  Will it just come back when my mileage builds up again?  If it were a stress fracture or something definitive, I think I would feel better about the long term recovery prospects.

Ball of Fury

Hey all,

Had to take another URD yesterday, and in fact I was laid up in bed all day. Feeling a lot better today, but still dealing with this congestion. Not sure whether I'll run today or not, but my gut says to play it safe and take another day off to recover.

I'm okay with holding off until summer or fall  to make a definitive decision on Shamrock. My worry is that costs will go up the longer I wait, so there is a chance that the trip can become too expensive for us. But I'm not very good at logistics, so my worries might be misplaced.

Race registration does go up a bit during the summer, but it's only $10 so not a huge deal, I guess.  I did look at a few hotels last night and they seem pretty cheap, especially compared to somewhere like Chicago.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

onemile - lol. i dunno I have been more obsessed if I can run my pace for 13.1 miles I think.Smile Cloudy low of 46, so looking good.

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Race registration does go up a bit during the summer, but it's only $10 so not a huge deal, I guess.  I did look at a few hotels last night and they seem pretty cheap, especially compared to somewhere like Chicago.

Ami, agreed. My only worry is that those relatively low hotel prices start to creep up as rooms get booked. Even a price change of $50-$100 would push it out my price range.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Amik - keep us posted on your situation.

Roll - good running.

mdawg - hope the gps works out.  I actually have a new/refurb unit on standby just in case something happens to my in use unit.

Jedi - You are golden for this one.

3 recovery treadmill miles this AM to get my body used to 6 days per week.  Hoping for 6 tomorrow morning (early).

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ami, agreed. My only worry is that those relatively low hotel prices start to creep up as rooms get booked. Even a price change of $50-$100 would push it out my price range.

Well, remember that hotels are good about canceling.  So, you can go ahead and book at today's prices and, if necessary, cancel at a later date.

The place I stayed allowed early check in and a late checkout for race day, so I was able to check in as soon as I got there from the airport (around 10:00 am) and then checked out after a nice hot shower after the race.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Why not book hotel now? Not like you get charged for room if you end up not going or do priceline later on to get a good rate.

Up Next:

???