Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

onemile

Eastern time? So you'll be done by 7:30 central. Cool

Don't matter to me. probably be done before half of them are up anyway.Smile Race starts at 7am.Smile

Ball of Fury

Don't matter to me. probably be done before half of them are up anyway.Smile Race starts at 7am.Smile

Good point!!  Since my children think 6:15 is "sleeping in," I will be up!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Since my children think 6:15 is "sleeping in," I will be up!

Mine too. Last weekend the 6 yr old brought us breakfast in bed so we would wake up

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Mine too. Last weekend the 6 yr old brought us breakfast in bed so we would wake up

At least he brought you breakfast!  Our 4 year-old literally bursts into our room every morning whining about how hungry she is and saying, "Why isn't my breakfast ready!"

onemile

Amik - did you get the MRI results?

Just did 5 easy.  Legs felt like I just ran a marathon but nothing injured.  Felt good to run again anyway.

Ball of Fury

Amik - did you get the MRI results?

Just did 5 easy.  Legs felt like I just ran a marathon but nothing injured.  Felt good to run again anyway.

Nice 5!  MRI negative for stress fracture but showed some trochanteric bursitis, so that and ITBS.  He did cortisone injections in my hip and knee (ouch!) just to try to get the inflammation down in hopes that PT will be more effective.  He says the chiro he is sending me to works with a lot of runners so hopefully, that will be good. He ok'd me to run about 20-25 mpw as long as I don't have severe pain and I am not limping or altering my stride so that us good news!!  Thank you for asking and thank all you Donuts for listening to me whine like a baby!

Smashy!!!

+1 X 3.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Interesting.  I had cortisone injected into my knee.  It wasn't painful at all but the Dr. seemed proud of his injecting skills so maybe that's why.  Unfortunately it didn't help once I tried to run again.  I hope it works better for you.  And that sounds promising about the chiro working with runners.  Fingers crossed for you.

Nice 5!  MRI negative for stress fracture but showed some trochanteric bursitis, so that and ITBS.  He did cortisone injections in my hip and knee (ouch!) just to try to get the inflammation down in hopes that PT will be more effective.  He says the chiro he is sending me to works with a lot of runners so hopefully, that will be good. He ok'd me to run about 20-25 mpw as long as I don't have severe pain and I am not limping or altering my stride so that us good news!!  Thank you for asking and thank all you Donuts for listening to me whine like a baby!

Ball of Fury

Onemile:  Thanks.  He made sure I understood the injections were not to fix the problem, he just wanted to decrease the inflammation for a while to help the therapy process since I have been doing PT for a while and it's getting worse rather than better.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

6:15 is sleeping in for me too.Smile

AmiK - great news on MRI. Weren't you racing this weekend?

onemile - nice job getting back on the horse.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

cmb4314

I just want to go outside and run.  And of course, when you can't run, you just see runners everywhere!!  Anyway, enough whining from me. 

Amen.  I notice every. single. runner.  when I'm out and about.  And look on with jealousy.

My doctor apparently is a big fat liar - she told me a month ago at my last appointment that I'd be out of my boot by now, but my PT sent her an email about weaning me off the boot, and apparently she wants me to stay in it (PT is going well, so this isn't in response to any problems).

I at least got the okay to take the boot off to drive, which is SUPER helpful.

RV - I have thought about running Lake Wobegon before - I live in the Twin Cities so it's not a bad drive for me.  I've heard good things about it.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

RV - I have thought about running Lake Wobegon before - I live in the Twin Cities so it's not a bad drive for me.  I've heard good things about it.

I'm headed there for my third one a week from Saturday.  I had to cancel out last year due to an injury.

Ami - It sounds like you are in good hands with your doctor, and it is nice that you got the go ahead to run some. Is the pain low enough for you to run without altering your stride, etc. like the stipulations the dr gave? Any increase in pain with faster paces? (I assume that even though a half marathon is less than the 20 miles, that your doctor would frown upon that Smile )

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Docket_Rocket

Good news and good luck with the PT and chiro.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

2 miles alone and 2.8 miles run/walking with hubby.  No weights since my allergy shot was bugging me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page