Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Just registered for Philly. Woot! Woot!Approve BQ or bust!!!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

Woo hoo!  Did you ever decide what training program you're going to use?  What's your BQ time again?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ran 7 miles last night and 11 this morning, and I felt pretty dead today. Have to keep pounding it into my head somehow to take the easy days easier!

jedi - awesome, have to do something with that extra time during your taper.

josh - So, if the wind pushed the trees over and popped the rootball out of the ground, how would you fix that? I assume they are pretty big, can you right them with rope and a truck or something? Some wind last year here knocked over many 80-100 year old hardwoods, and same thing happened where the roots just came up and lifted people's driveways/garages/etc. I don't see how any of those would be able to be saved.

Ami - Also think skipping the 5k would make the most sense - unless you weren't really racing it, and we know that isn't likely

Mdawg - "Toiling at the salt mines?"

Roll - Not sure how to find the, "beginners and beyond" thread. Looked, but came up empty

Cbus - Don't really get allergies, but aches and pains seem un-allergy like

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

White Lightning

Mdawg – who knows when I leave?  Every time I talk about it my parents give me more incentive to stay.

Roll – Clouds don’t seem to affect my garmin but heavy rain does.  I start my garmin when I leave the house and in the 5 minutes’ drive I usually have a really strong signal

Indi – Glad your first PT session went well.  No more for me for a bit, I maxed out my insurance for the year and she said massage was probably better money spent

Hoping for another easy 5 miles this afternoon, legs are telling me its time to go.  Wind has finally died down but still right around 32F.  Supposed to get to the 60’s in two days which is normal for us

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Woot, woot!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

josh - So, if the wind pushed the trees over and popped the rootball out of the ground, how would you fix that? I assume they are pretty big, can you right them with rope and a truck or something? Some wind last year here knocked over many 80-100 year old hardwoods, and same thing happened where the roots just came up and lifted people's driveways/garages/etc. I don't see how any of those would be able to be saved.

Three fell over all in the same area and saw they were very very dry.  Moved all the trees today and dug the hole deeper with my bobcat and my tree digger attachment then added a bunch new dirt to the hole.  Two up-righted nicely and are standing pretty firm but the third is leaning so tied it to my tractor.  Today i'm building some PVC watering pipes that drive down into the ground about 3 feet and I can hook to my sprinkler system to get everything moist again.  The biggest problem is the ground is frozen solid down to about 7-8 feet.

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Nick:  Join the Beginners and Beyond user group and it's  in that forum.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

cmb4314

What a weekend here.  Big wind storm all weekend blew over some of our big 50+ year old spruce trees.  Didn't break them but popped them out of the ground so I think I was able to save them.  Still blowing pretty good but now and its snowing pretty good.  Funniest thing?  I'm running in the snow tonight and it was thundering.  Anyways, tights cam out of the closet for tonight's 5.1 GA miles at 9:44.  Really hoping for a consistent week and want to hit 30 miles so its a really good start.

Thundersnow.  It's a real thing.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Dreamn

You're going to kill it!  I'm annoyed that because of the date change I can no longer be there to cheer my friends on.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Hanson 20wk 60-80mpw from their website. A bit different than book, but think it will get me result I want. Sub3:15 is my BQ time hence the 1:32Tight lippedx goal at Frederick.

Woo hoo!  Did you ever decide what training program you're going to use?  What's your BQ time again?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

Awesome Jedi!  I will be cheering for you all the way.

Crazy Fartlek sort of run tonight.  Felt like speeding up just a little to get my HR up.   5 miles, 7:49, 6:59, 8:40 (rest), 7:42, 8:01.  Got home from work, mowed for a couple hours, kissed the kids goodnight, went running, showered, did water hook-up for the new fridge, finally had a sandwich for dinner after 9:00.  I think I need some sleep.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Awesome Jedi!  I will be cheering for you all the way.

Crazy Fartlek sort of run tonight.  Felt like speeding up just a little to get my HR up.   5 miles, 7:49, 6:59, 8:40 (rest), 7:42, 8:01.  Got home from work, mowed for a couple hours, kissed the kids goodnight, went running, showered, did water hook-up for the new fridge, finally had a sandwich for dinner after 9:00.  I think I need some sleep.

Indi - you need more hours in your day! I am with you on kissing the kids goodnight. Gotta make sure they know!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

Jedi - Good luck with that plan.  One of my running goals is to complete that plan

Me - 5.7 Miles at 9:25, finished last 0.7 at 8:41 and felt really strong.  Diet back to my running diet and I have so much more energy.  Still cold and windy, only got to 32F today, but should be back in the 60's tomorrow.  Second day in my Inspire 9's and I think I like them, not sure yet.  Completely different feel than my Adrenaline's but not sure if that's a good or bad thing or not.  I feel faster in them though

Play the Game Hard!

7 miles at an 8:33 pace late last night .

Good morning donuts. Have some coffee and get started

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

7 miles at an 8:33 pace late last night .

Good morning donuts. Have some coffee and get started

Started hell!  Still going from yesterday morning at 6:30!  I did get to leave work early though so I can take DD to gymnastics!  Might try a short, easy run later but hip is still a bit sore.  Have a great day all!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15