Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

onemile - Thanks, but only have moderate expectations for it due to hills and real goal will be in May in Frederick.

jedi - you should be psyched for your upcoming race. You're gonna rock it!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

chub - No worries to make up missed workouts. Think book shows you how to do it to get you back on track. i ran RnR USA last year. Not fun at Mile 13 watching 3/4 of field split off. 2nd half of course very desolate and heard course different this year especially starting on Mall now. Very hot last year and hurt my ankle early on in race and fell apart Mile 18 and gimped rest of the way. probably shoul;d of taken a DNF, but just not built that way.Smile It's my PW 26.2. DW yelled at me when i got home though.Smile

Jedi - doing Beginner's program for the RnR USA marathon on March 16. One of the runs I skipped was the 2nd 16 miler -- eep!! -- but I've been warned against making up workouts so often that trying to repeat it this weekend seems foolish. I'm back to my normal mileage now in any case.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei- Re: the M&MS - love those!  IGlad to hear you're trying Graston- I just went on Monday and the next day I was more sore but then today I was fine again.

Mdawg: I would happily inform my rear to stop trying to support fetuses when I don't want it to...unfortunately it doesn't listen!

Docket: Hopefully it gets a little cooler (is that even possible in FL)? I don't think I could handle the heat year round.

Onemile/cbus- glad to hear the graston is going well for you both!

Chubacca- I get quad cramps and everything gets more sore- good times- but I power through. Good times.

Me: Did not hit the wall today even though I went out on empty (I had tortillas last night and still wasn't hungry).  10 miles @ 9:20 ish pace in the books.  Not as sore today anymore- maybe I'll stick to doing recovery miles on the treadmill, seems to help (also makes me slower).

Was up until 1 am last night working and have been on conference calls all day so this is my mini break.  Tomorrow is a much needed rest day.  I need to buy a valentines' day card after work ! I've been really neglecting about this holiday the past two years- last year i was on a business trip.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Quick flyby. Got in 6 Tempo miles @ 8:08 avg. a bit uneven performance, but it's done. 10.35 total. Will be back for personals.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

Happy valentines day everyone.  Just read in the US 58 million pounds of chocolate are sold the week leading up, hope you got yours

Jedi - ankle has been good, still my right hip with some ITB troubles but fine as long as I keep stretching it out

Bago - good job getting it done.  I feel like that every time I have a recovery run now, I hate them

cmb - I hate to say it but because of your accident i'm not being a hero anymore running on anything and everything.  I've got a little 1.5 mile out and back i've been running that's ice free.  Bit boring though

indi - nice job getting everything in, most of us would have used that as an excuse to miss the run

amik - sorry about the ITB

chubacca - nice job getting out there this morning

sprinkles - have you tried any fruit smoothies?

cbus - nice job.  Is that a HMP tempo?

me - Feel much better today.  Worked entire lower body last night while I watched the hockey game with my foam roller, rolling pin and stretching.  Good dinner, good night's sleep, good breakfast, good weather and great 10.4 GA miles at 9:27.  Started with 9:40's and kept speeding up until the last two miles at 9:00's.  Everything was nice and loose, so much easier to run.

Went to my chiro appointment afterwards and sat in the waiting room for 30 minutes until I realized my appointment wasn't until next thursday.  Your smart phone is only as smart as you are <sigh>

Play the Game Hard!

Trail Monster

chub - No worries to make up missed workouts. Think book shows you how to do it to get you back on track. i ran RnR USA last year. Not fun at Mile 13 watching 3/4 of field split off. 2nd half of course very desolate and heard course different this year especially starting on Mall now. Very hot last year and hurt my ankle early on in race and fell apart Mile 18 and gimped rest of the way. probably shoul;d of taken a DNF, but just not built that way.Smile It's my PW 26.2. DW yelled at me when i got home though.Smile

I was there! It's my second worst marathon time. 5:22 blah...

Ended up with only 5 at 11:13 pace. I guess I really was tired. Oh well.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Cbus and bags - sometimes you just gotta make it happen. Good job gents.

cmb - you are allowed a good tantrum in that situation. It's cathartic (sp?).

Sprinkles - enjoy SRD

mdawg - you're going have a bunch of female runners running around talking to their ovaries. How are the shoes?

josh - glad you're feeling better. Nice run

amik - ITBS is bogus, get better.

me -

1 mile warm up at 9:15 ish

1x400 @ 6:53

8x400 @ 6:44

1x400 @ 6:18

recoveries x400's @ 9:15/9:30

balance of run at 9:15

total of 6 miles

i wanted to barf but it's kinda gross to do that in the fetal position .

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Had a crumby day at work, and that spilled over into today's run, which is why the miles were so uneven. Had an 8:13 mile in there, but the effort was the same, so I'm not sure what happened... Any ways....

Indi, 0300?! That's the IndI I know and love!

CMB, im glad you've decided to stick around. Hopefully, we can help you through this injury...

Chuy, please tell me you and Sprink are talking about punctuation. Please, just say "yes."

Ami, sorry the ITBS is striking back. But I really think you should get Graston done by someone trained in Graston.

Akalei, you're gonna love Graston.

Onemile, love that valentine card.

Josh, that's GHmP + :15ish right now. Which means GHMP is 7:52ish. Im gonna do my first Strength workout at 7:42, and if i get immediate positive feedback, I'm gonna bring down my goal to 7:42, and the Strength down to 7:32.

Roll, killer workout! Yes, you are allowed to vomit or go into fetal position.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

mdawg87

I didn't know one needed to be injured to be a bitch, I am one every day! Joking

Reminds me of a favorite quote...

"By my side or in my way.  Choose wisely."

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

mdawg87

1 hour of elliptical and stretching at the gym this morning.  Had my sports doc appointment this afternoon.  He agrees it was probably an adhesion releasing last week.  He worked on the soreness which is now down in the lower leg.  Said it's not uncommon for an injury to manifest in other areas while healing.  I'm also to get back on the horse and run.  Same protocol.  Flat terrain, easy pace, and no more than an hour every other day.

Roll/cbus:  LRS called me today to let me know my shoes had arrived.  I'll be picking them up on Saturday and running on Sunday.

Sprinkles:  I know, right?  What's up with our bodies not listening to us??

cmb:  Good luck at the doctor!  Let us know what happens.

josh:  That sounds like a perfect 24 hours to me!

Happy Valentine's Day!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

CMB, im glad you've decided to stick around. Hopefully, we can help you through this injury...

Chuy, please tell me you and Sprink are talking about punctuation. Please, just say "yes."

X2

and

X1000.

the latter made me laugh aloud resulting in the other patrons in this restaraunt to look at me like I am nuts (how did they know?)z

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

In Miami and for the last 2-3 years, yes.  It was in the 80s in January too...and December, and November, October, but not in September, August, July, and June, because that was in the 90s.  I have not see any 70s as a high in years.

Sprinkles - my period tends to impede my workouts, so I also +1 your comment! Wish you could just tell your ovaries to save the eggs for later.

Jedi - doing Beginner's program for the RnR USA marathon on March 16. One of the runs I skipped was the 2nd 16 miler -- eep!! -- but I've been warned against making up workouts so often that trying to repeat it this weekend seems foolish. I'm back to my normal mileage now in any case.

Onemile - great to hear your hip is feeling better!

Cmb - Love your spirit. Helps me remain grateful too Smile

Docket - a friend was chatting about moving to Atlanta GA, where she said the weather was "better," and I started gaping at her. To be fair, a New England winter isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I can't imagine living in that kind of heat and humidity! It usually isn't 80+F in February, right??

This morning I had a roll-out-of-bed-and-out-the-door run. The first mile was slow (11:03 or thereabouts) with every subsequent mile getting faster -- I don't have my Garmin on me, and I didn't get a chance to upload the run before I left for work, but the average pace ended up being about 10:05 over 8 miles! That's heartening.

I also wore those 1080v2's on this run, and I can definitely see what Cbus means by "stiff." The fit is good for my breadloaf feet though -- this is perhaps my first run in a while where my piggies didn't feel pinched, yay! -- so I'm going to hang on to them and see if it softens up or gets more flexible after a few more runs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

But don't panic!  The weather gods decided to give me one Winter day and it will be Sunday. My marathon will be in 52-63F with 18mph (that's the only way cold weather arrives here, with wind).  At least I won't be sweating much during this marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.  Sorry to be missing; work and life got in the way the last couple of days.  At least they got in the way of internet time.

URD yesterday from a combination of reasons, mostly my spacing out and forgetting to pack a pair of shorts to do a run at lunch.  But I did have two pair of socks and two shirts.  I discovered this odd packing job when I went down to change for the run.

Doubled today.  5.0 on the treadmill at the gym in the evening @ 8:57.  Lunch run of 4.3 @ 7:40.  No idea how I uncorked that, but it didn't feel all that difficult.  That's progress, I think.

I'll try to get to some personals if I have a bit of down time tomorrow, but if I don't, great running everyone!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! Decided to take a RD as I felt a bit beat up this morning from run yesterday. Not going to worry about my missed quality run tomorrow due to kid activities. Just gonna roll with it as life happens sometimes. Good Luck to anyone racing.

Banshee - I ran a 4:25 at RnR USA. Goal was 3:40.

cbus - nice tempo run

mdawg - how did sports doc go

Flinders - nice double!

Up Next:

???