Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

Well, I survived my PT appointment.  I feel much better about this than the chiro I was going to.  He did a gait assessment, strength tests, etc.. which the other didn't do.  He said my running form looks fine, but I do land a bit heavier on the right side than the left.  He said he think it is probably ITBS combined with a bit of trochanteric bursitis.  He did Graston and then we did a set of strengthening exercises and stretches, which he is having me do twice a day.  He also did a steroid patch in my hip, which was kinda weird.  Anyway, I am hopeful!  A little concerned about intervals tomorrow, but hopefully I will be able to complete them.  I took the day off so we could go to the track but now I am rethinking given the forecast f or 20-30 mph winds....thoughts?

Cmb:  I am glad your surgery went well!  Nerve blocks are absolutely fantastic and I would NEVER have an orthopedic surgery without one.  Hell, I probably wouldn't even have a hangnail removed without one Big grin  Wishing you the best in your recovery!

Indy:  I cannot believe you did those fast intervals the day after a 21 mile LR...you are supremely awesome!

Docket:  Congrats again on the PR and I hope you enjoyed your massage!

Onemile:  I hope you enjoyed your 6-miler and I think you are doing great!!

CBus:  Good luck tomorrow!  My target is 7:50 and I am intimidated by that!  Also a bit worried about having the time to get those strength runs done but we will find a way!

Josh:  Hope your ITB feels better!  I didn't get to tell you yesterday but that was an awesome job convincing yourself to get up off that couch and go do your run, even when you didn't want to!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Hope the recovery is fast and painless.

Surgery complete.  The doc wasn't sure how much she'd have to do once she got in there, and thankfully she didn't have to do too much - no screws, which means she doesn't have to go back in and remove anything.

They gave me a nerve block to numb my lower leg, so I still have no feeling in it, and probably won't until midday tomorrow.  Very disconcerting to not be able to feel or move my toes at all, but at least it doesn't hurt.   Since they did that, I only had to be under very light general anesthesia, so my head was back to normal really quickly.

Enjoy your runs for me, I'd love to be out there today Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hope the PT helps!

Well, I survived my PT appointment.  I feel much better about this than the chiro I was going to.  He did a gait assessment, strength tests, etc.. which the other didn't do.  He said my running form looks fine, but I do land a bit heavier on the right side than the left.  He said he think it is probably ITBS combined with a bit of trochanteric bursitis.  He did Graston and then we did a set of strengthening exercises and stretches, which he is having me do twice a day.  He also did a steroid patch in my hip, which was kinda weird.  Anyway, I am hopeful!  A little concerned about intervals tomorrow, but hopefully I will be able to complete them.  I took the day off so we could go to the track but now I am rethinking given the forecast f or 20-30 mph winds....thoughts?

Cmb:  I am glad your surgery went well!  Nerve blocks are absolutely fantastic and I would NEVER have an orthopedic surgery without one.  Hell, I probably wouldn't even have a hangnail removed without one Big grin  Wishing you the best in your recovery!

Indy:  I cannot believe you did those fast intervals the day after a 21 mile LR...you are supremely awesome!

Docket:  Congrats again on the PR and I hope you enjoyed your massage!

Onemile:  I hope you enjoyed your 6-miler and I think you are doing great!!

CBus:  Good luck tomorrow!  My target is 7:50 and I am intimidated by that!  Also a bit worried about having the time to get those strength runs done but we will find a way!

Josh:  Hope your ITB feels better!  I didn't get to tell you yesterday but that was an awesome job convincing yourself to get up off that couch and go do your run, even when you didn't want to!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tough interval workout after that long run Indi, and you ran them really fast. There is no doubt you are ready to race!

Finished a decent week, and got over 60kms for the first time in ages. Quite pleased with that although because it is winter I will not have the miles I would like in the four months leading up to my half in early May.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

onemile:  nice mileage for the week!

akalei: enjoy your rest day!

Docket:  Fantastic race!

Ami:  Glad the PT went well. Hope all of it helps.  As for the track; 20-30 mph winds will make it really annoying.  But they would be a factor anywhere outside you'd be trying to do your speedwork.

Josh:  Enjoy the rest, and hope your ITB feels better.

mdawg:  Enjoy the Rider.  It is the best shoe ever made.  Hands down.  As for beating your DH's PR: I think you have it in you.  Be sneaky and run it on a flat course. Smile

Cbus, jedi: Nice runs!

Indy:  Intervals the day after a LR...wow.

cmb: Glad the surgery went well!  Here's hoping that your recovery will be speedy and you can smash a redemption race!

Hi to anyone I missed!

Me:  10.2 easy @ 8:36 this evening.  Weather was beautiful; low 40s and generally still, which is a nice change from the constant winds earlier this weekend.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

cmb - here's hoping to a quick recovery.  Glad they don't have to go back in

Indi - just thinking about running that workout at those speeds after a 21 miler makes me very tired, props

Amik - I'm figuring the weather can only get better from here and we can only get stronger.  Amazing how much a cold wind kills that motivation.  I have my tempo tomorrow that I dread because of the wind, praying to the running gods it dies down for everyone.  Sucks because its been my favorite workout so far.  Glad your PT went better than the last

Simon - Nice job on the mileage

On a very positive note, I planted my first flower seeds this afternoon, bring on spring!!!

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Flinders:  nice 10!  Yes, I was trying to decide between the track and the TM!

Trail Monster

Docket, we now officially run the same marathon pace! Smile

cmb, get well soon!

tough day at work here. My boss is an idiot and I would rather work for a monkey. Ended up doing 30 minutes of yoga plus weights when I got home.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Smashy!!!

CMB, glad to hear the surgery went as good as it could go. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Did the doc give you a timeline?

Ami, glad to hear the PT went well. Did you discuss running? My chiro gave me the green light, but Mdawg's gave more stringent instructions. If you've been given the green light, then I saw do the Intervals.

Jedi, those emoticons are not about 5ks being evil (though they are), they're more about how a Hansons plan progresses. Right now I'm somewhere between Sad and Cry. Looking at my schedule, week 13 and 15 are Dead. But after 15, it gets lighter.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

He said I could run!  We have a race Sat though (5-6 mile trail race) and he said we would talk about it Thursday!

CMB, glad to hear the surgery went as good as it could go. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Did the doc give you a timeline?

Ami, glad to hear the PT went well. Did you discuss running? My chiro gave me the green light, but Mdawg's gave more stringent instructions. If you've been given the green light, then I saw do the Intervals.

Jedi, those emoticons are not about 5ks being evil (though they are), they're more about how a Hansons plan progresses. Right now I'm somewhere between Sad and Cry. Looking at my schedule, week 13 and 15 are Dead. But after 15, it gets lighter.

Docket_Rocket

But we already knew that!  Did you see the pics I posted in my RR?  Do you recognize some of it? Big grin

Docket, we now officially run the same marathon pace! Smile

cmb, get well soon!

tough day at work here. My boss is an idiot and I would rather work for a monkey. Ended up doing 30 minutes of yoga plus weights when I got home.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

He said I could run!  We have a race Sat though (5-6 mile trail race) and he said we would talk about it Thursday!

Then give 'em hell!

Trail Monster

But we already knew that!  Did you see the pics I posted in my RR?  Do you recognize some of it? Big grin

I can't see any pics?! Now I feel sad. Sad

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Docket_Rocket

Later on page 2 or 3.

I can't see any pics?! Now I feel sad. Sad

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Docket, I saw from your pics that you wore the Elixir 8s--so I guess that means you ended up liking them?