Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

Thank you!

i think its from the 10th through the 16th, but the way aplodder explained it is that it doesnt matter if you post on Monday or Sunday as long as you post on the same day each week. so if you post on Sunday, then you should post every week on Sunday, I think this helps with minimize average deviation from posting on Monday of one week and then again that Sunday.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

I am falling asleep on my desk!  I blame the pleading I"m reading, so whoever wrote it, it's not a good write, haha.

I have not run it before, so I am looking forward to it!

cbus:  It depends on how recovery goes and DH's cycling schedule.  He's probably going back to CO for another cycling race/tour in June/July.  We've been looking at marathon destination races (CA and AZ) for the fall.  Oja to Ocean sounds like a good one.  Can't remember when that is though.  Summer races are in play too.  We've looked at one in Missoula, MT as we'd love to spend some time out west in the summer.  I usually only go out to ski, although DH has done summer hiking trips.  Trying not to get ahead of myself and just get fully healed first.

sprinkles:  Ugh...I'd rather be down with a full blown fever than post nasal drip.  The drugs to control that make me feel worse than flu symptoms.  Hope you feel better.

docket:  Glad you got in.  It's an awesome race.  Although I'm guessing you've probably run it before.

roll:  Glad your numbness was a simple shoe issue.  That is "awesomeness".  Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Mdawg, Ojai to the Ocean is now called something else, I think it's Mountains to the Beach. It takes place in May, though. But it's very fast!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

AAAAAAAArrrrrrg.  So, I am making tonight a URD.  I am juggling the week for personal reasons.  So I am postponing tonights 12 till Friday, doing Fridays 5 tomorrow, Running a basic 10 mile with maybe 6 tempo miles on Saturday (in place of a tune up race) and then doing the scheduled 17 on Sunday.  Too much job stress and family obligation to think about going for a run tonight.  Either way, I get my mileage in and  my speed work for the week was done on Monday.  Good.  Great.  Vented,  Problems solved.  Gotta relax a bit so I get my run in tomorrow.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Canuck

Hey all.  Lots of great running going on in this place, I am jealous.  Congratulations again on the PR Docket.  Cmb, very glad that your surgery went well and that you didn't have to get screws in your ankle.  Hope you have a great time in New Orleans.

My weird injury seems to be resolving, but very slowly.  My leg hurt like a m-f for several days last week after he adjusted my femoral head, then started to feel much better, but I aggravated it a bit on the weekend doing weight training and rowing, so I'm sticking to the bike and upper body/core until the weekend.  On a positive note,  when he treated me this week, he said the joint felt much better and I definitely noticed a difference, I'm not having any pain today after the adjustment yesterday, so way better than last week.

Unfortunately though, the amount of time off means I'll have to re-examine my goals for the year - a BQ is not in the cards for the spring given that I will only have 10 weeks until the marathon, I'll really just be building mileage back for that 10 weeks with a few workouts if all goes well, so I will probably add a fall marathon - I was planning on taking the fall off to focus on a couple of halfs, but that will need to change.  Fortunately, I have an excellent local choice in the fall, as Victoria is in October and it is a good course with good weather and doesn't generally sell out, so I don't have to decide right away.  Portland was actually quite hot this past year, so that is making me wary of that race for a PR attempt.

I'll try to get back in the swing of posting regularly, hoping work slows down a bit in the next few weeks as well.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Rusk Runner

zoe - we will be with you every step of the way.  That means you and I will both be hoping for BQ's in the Fall.  What plan do you think you will be using for your Fall race?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

indy:  Sometimes life just gets in the way.  Sounds like you have it in hand, though.

zoe:  Glad you are on the mend!

Cbus: Enjoy the rest day!

Roll: Glad to hear the numbness was a lacing issue and not something more serious.

Sprinkles: Hope you feel better!

Hi everyone else!

Me:  7 easy @ 8:45 this evening.  It wasn't all that "easy" given the wind (side note, we've had a lot of wind these past couple of weeks, which is a bit out of the ordinary...most winters we have the odd day here and there, or about one windy day every other week, not several times per week for a month on end...end digression).  I'm thinking I'll take a rest day tomorrow; I've run 58 miles in the last 7 days and probably need a break.

Good running, all!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

Evening all, didn't get outside this afternoon because I was so busy and tried to get on the TM tonight but couldn't bring myself to get more than 1/2 a mile.  Will make up my 5 recovery miles on Friday.

Play the Game Hard!

Canuck

indiana - Hansons in all likelihood, I liked it fine and will probably still do some of the workouts when I start up again - just won't be able to follow as written as I have to build mileage again for several weeks.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Indy- welcome to my world, I might be doing two 5 milers instead of a ten miler due to crazy work obligationsobligations

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning! Feeling lot better and got 9.5m w/4x5min@I (6;30) w/4mn rests in on mill this am. Felt good on intervals but schedule had 12x400s today and this was my missed Tuesday workout. Felt better choice still recovering from cold.

zoe - sorry to hear your race goals have to change. Glad leg doing better. We can be BQ buddies this fall as that might be my goal for Philly if May half goes as planned. Just thinking about it at this point. I'll be doing Hansons too!

indi - smart move taking the URD

Flinders - I hate wind too! Nice run though!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

Morning guys.

Zoe - sorry to hear it but it sounds like the right call.  Once you can get the mileage back up you should be in a good place for training for a fall marathon.

Indi - sometimes life gets in the way. it happens. Hopefully you can get your run in today.

Rollcast - glad your foot is feeling better and the numbness is gone!

Cbus - I checked out your log and saw you had the strength runs coded as such so I decided to steal that idea Smile  Hope you don't mind.

Jedi - nice job on the intervals and glad you are feeling better.

I have 14 with 8 at MP today.  Gonna try to be good and keep my miles in the 8:30-8:35 range - NO FASTER.

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!  Got in 6 easy but freezing cold miles at 5:00 AM this morning!  Average 9:26/mile...ran them a bit on the fast end of easy pace since Hanson says it's ok to do that every once in a while.  Physically felt good but I was just really, really cold.  My water froze before mile 1 was even finished...yes, I take water for 6 milers (don't judge me Smile).  Second PT session this afternoon so actually looking forward to that.

Zoe:  Sorry you had to change your goals.  I had hoped to train for a BQ in the fall as well, but since my Jan marathon didn't go that well, I am not sure a 53 minute PR is in the cards so will probably have to wait until next year!

Jedi:  Glad you feel better and great run this morning!

Flinders:  Nice run...wind is my absolute least favorite weather condition!

Indy:  Good job taking the URD...you are human after all!

Onemile:  Good luck with your tempo!  How did you code the strength runs?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Nice job on the 6! Glad you felt good and good luck at PT!

Morning Donuts!  Got in 6 easy but freezing cold miles at 5:00 AM this morning!  Average 9:26/mile...ran them a bit on the fast end of easy pace since Hanson says it's ok to do that every once in a while.  Physically felt good but I was just really, really cold.  My water froze before mile 1 was even finished...yes, I take water for 6 milers (don't judge me Smile).  Second PT session this afternoon so actually looking forward to that.

Onemile:  Good luck with your tempo!  How did you code the strength runs?

I had the strength runs coded as intervals (because they sort of are)  but then I saw cbus had his coded as strength.  So I thought, they I can add a new category too because intervals to me usually mean vo2max work which these are not!

mdawg87

Zoe:  Glad to hear from you.  I was wondering about you the other day.  Hope you heal up quickly.  Like the others, I'll also be your BQ/Hanson buddy for a fall race.  Not sure what I'm doing yet either.  My "fall" race may actually end up being in January.  Haven't decided yet as I'm (like you) concentrating on getting fully healed before I think about anything else.

Indi/Sprinkles:  We do what we can.  After all, as much as we might like it to be, running isn't our job and sometimes has to take a back seat.  Good job working around the crazy schedules.

josh:  I got the Racing Weight and Race Fueling books by Matt Fitzgerald yesterday.  I'll be reading them on the trip.  Any thoughts so far?

amiK:  I'm with you!  I carry water on EVERY run!

Good morning!  Oh happy day...another pain free 1 hour TM run this morning!  I just about skipped out of the gym to the car.  I cannot wait to get to the sports doc this evening with my news.  I hope, hope, hope he lets me run outside when we get back from Park City.  I'm definitely taking it slow and easy though.  I do NOT want any set backs.  Work, Doctor, and packing for skiing encompass my day.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)