Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

onemile

Got my 14 with 8 at MP done.  It was WINDY and miserable. So tired of the cold. Sad

Ball of Fury

Great job!!  I am so with you on that cold thing!!

Got my 14 with 8 at MP done.  It was WINDY and miserable. So tired of the cold. Sad

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

The mornings here in the summer usually stay around 60 or so even when it gets up into the 70s-80s during the day, so I need to run then.

I try to run before dawn in the summer so that I can get high 70s.  We have way too many days that are high 80s/low90s with 80+% humidity in the late afternoon.

Also, zoe, are have you run Victoria before? I'm thinking about running it this fall.

onemile:  nice miles.  And I commiserate on the wind; I'm really ready for cold to be done with.

bago:  That is an odd workout; I don't know if I could get up to pace in one minute; and 10k pace isn't _that_ hard; 10k pace is something that I think I'd want at least a quarter-mile on.

SRD for me today.  I needed it.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Canuck

Flinders - I have not run Victoria before, but I've heard good things.  I also found another local marathon on September 28th in Bellingham Washington that is intriguing, and less likely to be hot than the one in early September.  Might have to think about that one as well as given Boston registration was open until October 7th last year, it would probably allow me to register if I managed to qualify.  It had 440 finishers last year.

Our daytime highs in the summer tend to be on average in the low to mid 70s, although they do sometimes creep into the 80s, an advantage of living on the ocean.  A perfect summer day in Vancouver is 76 degrees and sunny.  That is the best thing about our climate, the lack of extremes in either direction - today for example it is 43 and rainy.  I think the coldest day we've had this winter was around 25.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Ball of Fury

That's it...I am coming to live with you!!

Flinders - I have not run Victoria before, but I've heard good things.  I also found another local marathon on September 28th in Bellingham Washington that is intriguing, and less likely to be hot than the one in early September.  Might have to think about that one as well as given Boston registration was open until October 7th last year, it would probably allow me to register if I managed to qualify.  It had 440 finishers last year.

Our daytime highs in the summer tend to be on average in the low to mid 70s, although they do sometimes creep into the 80s, an advantage of living on the ocean.  A perfect summer day in Vancouver is 76 degrees and sunny.  That is the best thing about our climate, the lack of extremes in either direction - today for example it is 43 and rainy.  I think the coldest day we've had this winter was around 25.

Trail Monster

Wow! I get buried at work at end up three pages behind!

Having a tough time Donuts.... I was supposed to run 12 miles at 9:1 run/walk yesterday. After 5 miles I was so exhausted and my legs so dead that I quit. Today I was supposed to run an easy 5. At 3 miles something in my left hip (flexor?) snapped and I was in immediate pain. I stopped for a couple minutes and the pain went away but as soon as I walked or ran it came back. I limped to 3.5 and called it quits. Nothing hurts now. So am I a quitter or is my body mad at me? And what do I do about my 20 mile 'race'/long run this weekend? Blah....

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Canuck

As long as you don't mind rain...

That's it...I am coming to live with you!!

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Ball of Fury

Rain is fine!!  Wind and cold and rain...not so much!

As long as you don't mind rain...

Ball of Fury

Banshee:  I am so sorry you are having a tough time and are in pain!!  Maybe take a rest day tomorrow and then decide?

Banshee - rest day at minimum.  I am sure Advil and easy stretching will take care of it.

Onemile - toughing it out!!!!

flinders - enjoy srd

zoe - good luck with your new roommate, I hear she's a runner

bags - what kind of workout is that?

nice runs people!

Me - mile 4 is slower because I had to do a u-turn to check on a lady running the trail behind me, there was a shifty looking lurker wandering around trying not to be noticed. Once she was past I returned to my run.

8:10

8:18

8:26

8:45

8:29

8:24

7:41

intervals tomorrow.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Amik - Thanks Smile

Flinders - I don't know anything about the marathon, but I've been to Victoria and it is beautiful!

Banshee - sorry to hear about your hip issue.  I would take a rest day and do a short test run.  Is the race Saturday or Sunday?

Rollcast - nice run! Good luck on the intervals tomorrow!

Rusk Runner

What a busy group.

onemile - way to get it done!  cold weather be damned!  You too Amik!

Mdawg - your excitement brings a smile to my face.  enjoy the trip.  I bought the fitzgerald book and I find it interesting non preachy reading.

Roll - nice run and good of you to watch out for your fellow man.  you have my greatest respect for such an outward act of kindness.

Bago - strange workout.  why the stress test?  you okay?

Docket - I feel your pain on the work getting in the way!  You run enough marathons to make up for alot of lost days.

Banshee - you are not a wimp.  you did the right thing.  take it easy and then test it out.

Zoe - I aint to keen on running in the rain.  I dont mind running in the morning though.

Another long and frustrating day at work today, and then work came to me on the phone.  So silly.  Managed to get five slow recovery miles done on the treadmill as I planned, despite the distractions.  Shooting for twelve tomorrow.  Hope the ice melts.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 6 Tempo mi.s @ 8:06, + wu/cd = 10 mi. total. The workout didn't feel all that hard. I mean, it's a tempo run, so it's hard, but as far as tempos go, today's way pretty good. I felt like I could have gone a couple seconds faster or thrown in a HMP mile or two, but I've got a 12 mi LR this week, and I think 50 miles total, so I tried to keep it closer to 8:08.

Onemile, great discipline on the Tempo miles. You didn't post your splits, so I lurked on your log.

Banshee, you've been doing some pretty tough workouts, so your body is probably just tired. You should be fine for your 20 miler.

Oh yeah, it was cold today--so do I get to whine too? Joking

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Mdawg - your excitement brings a smile to my face.  

Ditto!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Cbus - Thanks! I knew I better keep it under control today because there's no hiding from you!  Big grin  Nice job on the tempo miles!