Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Yes, guys.  Recovery runs are slow for a reason.  Just run the pace your legs want that day.  They are telling you somethign.  Don't get too hung up on the number.

^This. I used to get hung up on this but 9:46 pace today felt good regardless.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

jealous of all you guys doing hanson right now, but my Daniels plan almost set up exact same way and understand.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

White Lightning

Amik - Thanks, I'm hoping so.  I haven't raced anything other than my marathon since Feb last year.  Good job getting out early this morning

Jedi - Nice weekend and congrats on your son

Flinders - Great mileage

onemile - I'd switch if it was me

Me - My SRD is pure heaven.  I was fairly sore, well more like tightness, when I went to bed last night and feel quite a bit better this morning after an 11 hour sleep.  Stretching tonight and will start plugging through the new Fitzgerald book tonight.  50's coming this week will hopefully melt the last of the snow and ice, calling for rain this afternoon.

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

11 hour sleep? I am so jealous. I could sleep for days.

Amik - Thanks, I'm hoping so.  I haven't raced anything other than my marathon since Feb last year.  Good job getting out early this morning

Jedi - Nice weekend and congrats on your son

Flinders - Great mileage

onemile - I'd switch if it was me

Me - My SRD is pure heaven.  I was fairly sore, well more like tightness, when I went to bed last night and feel quite a bit better this morning after an 11 hour sleep.  Stretching tonight and will start plugging through the new Fitzgerald book tonight.  50's coming this week will hopefully melt the last of the snow and ice, calling for rain this afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

I slept 11 hours from Saturday to Sunday, but the migraine I had was not worth the 11 hours of sleep, trust me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in my 5 @ 10:16, so Ami beat me by :01! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ran after work which made it a full 24 hours between runs, so I think that helped a lot.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Lol...nice job!  I checked my log and I was actually 10:33...even slower!  Somehow my Garmin was reset after mile 1 and my last 4 were 10:13 but the first mile was painfully slow!  Went to PT and there is a new knot in my ITB, about mid-thigh.  He tried and tried to run it out during Graston but it's still there.  Gonna foam roll ad stretch in a bit!

Hey all,

Got in my 5 @ 10:16, so Ami beat me by :01! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I ran after work which made it a full 24 hours between runs, so I think that helped a lot.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Don't fight over who's slower at recovery.  I have you all covered tonight. Joking

AmiK, hope the ITB issue gets nipped in the bud!

My chiro might do Graston but he cracked 5 of my neck vertebrae today and boy, was my neck screwed up.  No wonder I had this huge migraine.  I feel so much better now, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Well, you folks know I don't mind running early or running in some rain.  But early and pouring rain with wind and cold just aint gonna cut it at all.  Looks the the dreadmill at 0320.  Grrrrrrreeeeaaaat right?   To top things off, I definately have a cold.  I dont break for colds though as usually running is when I breath best.

Everybodys starting to feel all of the hard work in the latter half of thier training cycles!  So its working.  Dont worry, be happy.   Next Sunday I have the dreaded 18 w/ 14 @ GMP.  I am just all kinds of shits and giggles just thinking about it Dead.

Josh, Fitzgerald is pretty chill in his recommendations on eating.  I rather like his approach as he isnt really preachy or demanding.

Im signing off to read a little running times before I hit the sack.  Happy running to all, and lick those wounds tonight!  We have trails to burn and PRs to set!  DONUTS!!!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Indy:  Oh good....I am not the only one who decided on the TM!  I really wanted to go to the track too!  I hope you feel better and good luck in the AM.  I get to "sleep in"...until 4:15!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

indi, ugh.

6 miles done. It was 80F if anybody cares Big grin.  We reached 90F today.  Bah.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

So glad I decided to switch my days around. It was beautiful perfect running weather tonight. 11 miles with 6x1mile at 8:20 pace done. Really had the urge to hammer these but managed to stay disciplined (Cbus, I thought of you!)

Nice recovery miles Damaris.  But you can keep your weather.  It was a beautiful 39 degrees out tonight Smile Smile Smile

Indi & Amik - don't know how you guys can run that early.  But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. I am lucky I can run in the evenings.

Smashy!!!

Ami, hope the ITBS gets better. The Graston doesn't hurt? Maybe you gotta tell the chiro to dig deeper?

Indi, have fun!

Docket, good to hear the neck adjustment helped.

Onemile, it was beautiful here too. Wish I could do the Strength run today too. Nice pace discipline. So, what did you think of the workout? Not as evil as the Speed, eh?

Flinders, I've been meaning to ask: did you ever get your Garmin?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Definitely not as evil as speed and almost fun (I was having a good day today).  I really did have the urge to run them as fast as I could but kept it under control.  Will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow for my run (since I won't have my usual rest day - I'll be doing what was scheduled for today - 8 easy)

Onemile, it was beautiful here too. Wish I could do the Strength run today too. Nice pace discipline. So, what did you think of the workout? Not as evil as the Speed, eh?

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

SOOOOO sleepy tonight- I'm going to try to get up and knock out my 10 in the AM and get to work before 9.  If I'm a train wreck in the morning I'm just going to suck it up and do it at night- maybe try to make it at team practice.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55