Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

Jedi:  My 5K pr is from last April and I "think" I can beat that but not sure by how much so I am using a 22:30 for my interval paces.  Given my ITB and it's the first time I have really done speedwork, I didn't want to get too aggressive, but wanted it to be a challenge.  I would really like to run one soon to see where I stand, but it's hard to fit in without messing up my training schedule.

CBus:  What if I challenge you to a 5K run-off?  Would that be enough to goad you into running one?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Bago:  Good luck on the 10-miler!  We have only done one and I would say it was fun, but it was at 10 PM on the last night of our vacation and it was in the mid 80s with 90% humidity or some such nonsense, so yeah, didn't really enjoy it!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

akalei

Perfect way to look at it! I like the 10 mile... it's a nice distance.  Not too long, but not too short, juuuuust right.

Signed up for a 10-miler this weekend.  Considering that I've never raced this distance before, I'm pretty psyched:  Guaranteed PR!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

In the last few 5ks I've run, it was a real struggle not to puke. I start retching toward the end and it's just rough. Dead

I wish I knew how to fix this but it's like I get to a point and my face gets hot and the puke starts rising up.  TMI and gross, I know.

I know I have run a good 5K if I see spots for the last half mile. Smile  As for puke, dunno. pacing an practice, probably.  Possibly avoid food until post-race?

I signed up for one on Saturday.  Should be fun.

Got in 3.5 a hair faster than easy @ 7:58 at lunch today.  41 and rain.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

In the last ten 5Ks, I've gotten a total of eight asthma attacks.  Either that or I have to run them slow which do not make them fun either way. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I enjoy 5ks though I have only run two of them I run tempos of that fistance pretty often.

I think the key is not to eat before the race and remember after you finish to stand with your feet apart so uou dont get vomit on your shoes

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

White Lightning

Cbus don't forget you peer pressured me into signing up for a 5k saying you would do one too and the next day you backed out, just sayin.... Wink

Very easy 8 at 10:13 and only 65% HHR on some very tired legs to start but started feeling better after the 6 mile mark.  Fresh snow last night, blah.  So far Fitzgerald's new book is a pretty good read.

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Jedi:  My 5K pr is from last April and I "think" I can beat that but not sure by how much so I am using a 22:30 for my interval paces.  Given my ITB and it's the first time I have really done speedwork, I didn't want to get too aggressive, but wanted it to be a challenge.  I would really like to run one soon to see where I stand, but it's hard to fit in without messing up my training schedule.

CBus:  What if I challenge you to a 5K run-off?  Would that be enough to goad you into running one?

No.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Cbus don't forget you peer pressured me into signing up for a 5k saying you would do one too and the next day you backed out, just sayin.... Wink

Very easy 8 at 10:13 and only 65% HHR on some very tired legs to start but started feeling better after the 6 mile mark.  Fresh snow last night, blah.  So far Fitzgerald's new book is a pretty good read.

I remember, and I am not ashamed.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 4x1.5 @ 7:41, w/ wu & cd, it was 10.48 total miles. Today was tough, toughest yet. But they're done. Tomorrow's a SRD--yea!

Ami, these Strength runs are tough because for us they are GHMP - :10. They'll tell you a lot about your goal pace. Hopefully, they'll make us stronger at GP.

Docket_Rocket

When you answered, I thought of you doing it this way:

No.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Spent three hours at the chiro.  For some reason I twisted my sacrum on Monday or Sunday and I've been in pain (asides from being A PAIN!)  He has been unable to right it completely, so I'm still in a bit of pain.  My friend is a PT and a runner and she says OK to run but to restart the PT exercises for this type of thing (I get it from time to time).  I'll try to run but will check for pain.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

LOL on the indignant cat!

Cbus, no pressure, but race a 5K already.  Its fun.  Its challenging.  It will only make you a better runner.  Were cheering for you.  So pretty please, with sugar on top, race a &$)*ing 5K (voice of the Wolf).

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, Cbus.  I'll run mine if you do as well.

LOL on the indignant cat!

Cbus, no pressure, but race a 5K already.  Its fun.  Its challenging.  It will only make you a better runner.  Were cheering for you.  So pretty please, with sugar on top, race a &$)*ing 5K (voice of the Wolf).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

(crowd chanting) .....5...K....5....K....5.....K.....

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27