Sub-4 Marathon Group

Welcome! (Read 518 times)

Rusk Runner

Welcome Onemile!  I was thinking about running Carmel but switched over to the Southern Indiana Classic.  Its closer for me, but the course has more hills.

I keep changing my forum settings but I am having no luck with the avi.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Welcome Onemile!  I was thinking about running Carmel but switched over to the Southern Indiana Classic.  Its closer for me, but the course has more hills.

Flat and fast were my main criteria.  Hills scare me. 

No help with avi - mine just showed up.

Canuck

It might take a bit of time to show up.  Are you just trying to save the same picture as you're using in your profile?  I didn't have any trouble, so I can't be of more help.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Docket_Rocket

I am glad to see most of us have made it here.

Are we going to move our donuts logo here???????????  Hope so!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Indi,

Got to your Options, and there is a setting for your Forum Preferences, I think it's called. That's different from your Profile. You can put a picture on your personal profile but it won't show up as an avatar. You gott put the avatar pic in your Forum Preferences. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Didn't let me post before.  Hi everyone from running-break land. Smile

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Hey everyone, 

Got in 6 @ 10:0X. The IT Band was behaved until the last .5  mile or so. 

Onemile, I'm also following Hansons. I'm not racing this spring, but I want to do their speed and strength workouts. I'm definitely going to follow their Beginners plan for my fall racewith ether i do a half or full. My Half PR is also 1:46:XX. 

Welcome to the new folks!!! 

Smashy!!!

Procedural question: should we start a new thread everyday? Or keep this one going? Any preferences? 

Canuck

I was thinking that we might want to just have one thread for our usual chat and daily updates but then have some other threads for topics that might need some more in depth discussions. We should probably start a new thread for our daily chat though, since it won't really be a "welcome" thread much longer.  Here some of  what I was thinking of, feel free to chime in.

Introduce Yourself - maybe a sticky thread - for new members when they join (and current members as well) to put in a brief bio etc. - a bit more detail than your profile.

Race Reports - a thread dedicated to race reports.

Maybe some training plan threads - i.e. we could have a Pfitz thread and a Hansons thread etc. so that it is easy to find answers to any questions people might have about the plans, modifying them etc. - it can be hard to find those things in a giant thread.

Anyway, other ideas?  I know a lot forums do have the daily threads, which might be more efficient, at least for searching purposes, but will need to be started every day and that also means a lot of individual threads.  As far as I can tell, anyone can start a thread, so if you can't find something elsewhere, that option is always open.

What's up donut heads!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

I was thinking that we might want to just have one thread for our usual chat and daily updates but then have some other threads for topics that might need some more in depth discussions. We should probably start a new thread for our daily chat though, since it won't really be a "welcome" thread much longer.  Here some of  what I was thinking of, feel free to chime in.

Introduce Yourself - maybe a sticky thread - for new members when they join (and current members as well) to put in a brief bio etc. - a bit more detail than your profile.

Race Reports - a thread dedicated to race reports.

Maybe some training plan threads - i.e. we could have a Pfitz thread and a Hansons thread etc. so that it is easy to find answers to any questions people might have about the plans, modifying them etc. - it can be hard to find those things in a giant thread.

Anyway, other ideas?  I know a lot forums do have the daily threads, which might be more efficient, at least for searching purposes, but will need to be started every day and that also means a lot of individual threads.  As far as I can tell, anyone can start a thread, so if you can't find something elsewhere, that option is always open.

I like your ideas. One reason I thought a dailythread might be preferable is that it doesn't seem possible to organize a thread according to the most recent post--at least I haven't found it. Is that an issue for anyone else? 

Canuck

Yeah, you can't do "last unread post", although you can get to the last post on the thread easily.  Eric, the forum admin said he might be looking into that kind of function for the next upgrade he does (and don't worry, his upgrade won't be like RWOLs!).  So, I think I agree that a daily thread might be a good option for this reason.

mdawg87

Made it!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Canuck

Hey mdawg!  You found us.

Oooops. I read this after I started the Daily Donut. PS I made it even though I am still new -kinda

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27