Sub-4 Marathon Group

Welcome! (Read 518 times)

Canuck

Pux, I think the plan is to start a December thread tomorrow.  If I'm up and on the internet tonight I'll start it, since it will be December in the Eastern Time Zone by then.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

akalei

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone.  You guys are the best!

Dreamn--too funny! Happy birthday to you! I hope you're celebrating tonight!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

mdawg87

Late check in for me today.  How is everyone?  Good luck to Sra, Joshlynn, and all the other racers this weekend!

Strength training and elliptical at the gym this morning.  LR of 10 tomorrow then it's settling in with friends to watch the SEC championship game.  Hope my Dawgs come to play!

Happy birthday to all the youngsters.  I turned 47 in September and am in better shape now than when I was 27.  Like Indy and others, wish I'd started running when I was younger!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Happy Birthday to Dreammm and Alk

Good luck this weekend DRock, Sra and Jlynn.

Jodi.....ooooouch

I have curbed the runs again this week until the toe is back to a comfortable level again. 25-30 miles of cycling this weekend to keep the lungs and legs fresh. Starting to get nervous about the FM if i am missing another 4/5 days. Stay tuned. I wonder if it is just jammed and needs to be popped.

PS I really enjoyed a donut for breakfast yesterday....just sayin'   : )

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Happy Birthday Akalei and Dreamn!

Random thought on the new forum...I was kind of hesitant to open my log up to everyone but I am starting to like the idea.  A lot of times I feel like I'm my easy runs too slow for what my race times are but seeing people with similar PRs running at the same paces is nice. 

Ball of Fury

Anyone mind if I join?  I am currently training for my first marathon, which is Disney in January.  Although I really just want to enjoy the experience and not hate the race, I would love to finish right around 4:00.  My recent 1/2 time was 1:51Tight lippedx and my 10K last week was 48:42, so I feel like I have the speed, but am not sure I have the endurance just yet.  Anyway, just wanted to join in and say hi!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Morning everyone....

Docket - Safe travels.  And yeah, its looking to be a bit warm on Sunday, plus 60% humidity, that's pretty high for here.  I've struggled with hydration since I've been here, going to be interesting

akalei - Happy Birthday.  

Sra - Good Luck this weekend

Me - 2 Miles planned this afternoon after I get back from packet pickup and expo.  ITB feels good today <crosses fingers>.  Still very doubtful on a sub-4, especially with the warmer temps expected.

Sounds like Winter weather...in Miami.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Welcome to the group AmiK!  Glad to have you here.

Happy Birthday Dreamn!

Looks like a busy day tomorrow.  I may well have to wake early to get my run done.  Hard to believe its just a couple of days away from starting another training cycle.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

sramaley

Happy bday ladies.
                    nachosgrande

Happy Birthday Akalei and Dreamn!

Good luck to the racers this weekend!

Another 4 miles on the treadmill at lunch.  No pain so hopefully I'm on the right track.  Really need to watch my diet - I've put on 9 pounds since my October marathon!

Smashy!!!

Happy bday Dreamn! 

Welcome Amik.

Good luck Sra.

Indi, get up early? I don't want to know what you consider early...

Nachos, big game,tonight. I can almost smell the roses! 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Flinders, you recovered after Mizuno changed the Rider after the 13? Wow, I didn't know it could be done. The 16 is out and people are STILL whining about the 13. Sheesh, get over folks, get over. Hope the PF is better. Have you ever tried an orthotic like Powerstep or Superfeet? They're made for running shoes, but if it's your work shoes are what's bothering, I wonder if you couldn't use them there. 

The 13 is still the greatest shoe ever made.  I'd continue to buy it if Mizuno kept it in production.  I survived the dark ages of the 14 by finding 4 pair of 13s on closeout at various places.  The 15 is fine, if a bit clunky. I'll probably splurge for one pair of the 16s, but buy a couple of pair of 15s on closeout when they get there because I'm cheap and I also can't seem to get more than 300  miles on a pair, so I go through them quickly. 

I haven't tried those orthotics, but I'll look into them.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Happy birthday, akalei and Dreamn!

AmiK: Welcome!  Are you following a plan?  If so, which one?  What is your average weekly mileage, and what pace do you run your long runs, recovery runs and general aerobic runs?  We are happy to answer any questions you might have.  When you get closer to the actual race and start going crazy with taper madness, we can try to suggest race strategy, paces and goal finishing times that line up with the training you have done.

Josh, Sra, Docket, and others (I know LCandia was also running St. Jude, but I haven't seen her over here yet), good luck this weekend.  I have a HM tomorrow; I have no idea how I'll do.  I'm thinking of just going for it to see if I can break 1:40 (which is all contingent on the PF behaving).  McMillan says I can based on my 10K PR, (his predictions usually all line up for me for HM and under) but the 10K was on a perfect day on a flat course, so that might be a stretch.  PR is my B goal.  And if the PF doesn't behave, C goal is running the whole thing.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Trail Monster

Happy birthday kiddies! Welcome to new members! I've come down with something flu-like. Fever, headache, stuffy sinuses, dripping nose, sore throat, and body aches. Pushed today's run off. Praying I'll feel better tomorrow. Long run Sunday.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Just arrived on this new forum. I cannot believe the speed compared to RWOL

Otherwise, fairly uneventful week for me. Recovery runs of 5 / 5 / 6 so far this week, and scheduled for a 7 on Sunday to make 23 for the week. After my 10.15/10.30-pace runs last week, progressively quicker at 10.00, 9.45 and 9.30. Next week plan a slight increase in mileage and a first post-M visit to the gym. First week of my marathon plan which starts in three weeks is only 33/35 miles, so can increase gently to 30/33 over the next three to four weeks. Only 21 weeks until May!

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014