Sub-4 Marathon Group

November 2013 (Read 41 times)

How is everyone's running coming along?

I haven't done much since my race on October 21.  I figured I should err on the side of caution and take a couple of weeks off.  I did try one slow 6 mile recovery run after a week, but I felt like I needed more time off.  I think I will be ready to get back to training after this mini-break, and do easy running for a while before I start a plan for a May marathon.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

Hominid

Ran a little over 5 miles today. Second day of running since the marathon one week ago. Felt fine. One of my daughters qualified for the state cross country meet today. She ran third on her team and beat several girls who usually beat her. It was exciting to see.

Will start training for the Myrtle Beach Marathon next week. Going for a new PR there.

Rusk Runner

Home from Indianapolis and spending some time on the recliner.  Half marathon PR for me today and I am pretty happy about it even though I didnt get to run the full.  1:32:34 official time, 7:04 pace. 12 of 309 AG and 206 of 2558 males.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

Indy - wow ! nice job ! that's an awesome AG score - have your ever done that well in an AG category? congrats on the PR !!!

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

DTF - Never in a race that large.  Over 6000 ran the half.

4.22 recovery miles today @ 8:38 pace, HR in recovery range.  Hopefully some easy cycling tomorrow as my running legs still need some rest.

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

5 easy this morning.  Cold and wet outside, but still a nice way to start the day.  Feeling like recovery is going well and I should be able to throw in a longish run on Sunday.

Just Run!!!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Indy: Great job with the AG and the run this morning.

Out for 4.5 miles at lunch today.  Cool 55F with rain, calling it a tempo since I was trying to keep pace <8 min/mile.  Don't think I succeeded since average pace was 7:55 according to GPS.   I'll see tonight when I upload GPS.

Enjoy the day folks.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Rusk Runner

7 miles with hills tonight.  8:19 pace and HR was too high.  I woke up at 4 AM having a bad allergic reaction which happens very seldomly.  I had to take a double dose of benadryl and sleep in.  I dont kow if that had anything to do with my HR tonight, but it could have.  Planning on 10 to 12 tomorrow.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  I've been slacking!  Sorry!

I did two marathons this weekend, so this week is rest and cross training alone.  Therefore, weights and kickboxing tonight.

Hope everybody is doing great.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Sorry. I've been slacking here ever since we started the FB group.

I'm back to running again. This is a cutback week. I hope to get around 18 miles.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

7 easy tonight w/headlamp.  HR up a tad but the run felt really easy at 8:22 avg.

How goes it DTF and Shadow?

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Nada for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

8 easy. 8:26 pace. 26 deg out.  Maybe a day off tomorrow and back to it Friday morning.  I think I might be able to start slipping in some speedwork next week.

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Hi DTF and Shadow!

I just wanted to tell both of you that the forum here has been somewhat dead as of late because we created a group on Facebook. The group is quite active, both running and discussing (and chatting). It's just all happening on FB. We all feel really bad that we cannot keep up in both places. But frankly it's kinda redundant. And the discussion on FB is so much easier. There's a meltdown thread like every day! (Just kidding.) But we really want you two to join us, as we all feel you guys are very much Donuts. If you guys are not averse to the idea, we'd like to convince you to move over to FB with us. DTF, I know you said you'd prefer not to already, but I'm hoping you'll reconsider.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

I actually find the Facebook group a PITA.  Here one can open the thread and it will open to the first unread message.  In Facebook I have to scroll to try to find the first unread.  And the threads are long, with so much chaff that I usually end up not bothering to read more than the first few messages.