Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

Ball of Fury

What's up Donuts!  Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning....great workout!  Shaun T. quote of the day, "It's not tap dancing people!"  I really love that guy!  I must admit I am more than a little jealous of you all starting MRT, but I am trying to be patient.  The weather was beautiful this morning and I was sooooo tempted to go run.  I am planning to wait at least until July 1 and then I may try some easy runs.

CBus:  Nice run yesterday, even if you was a tough one!  It was super hot and humid here too.  We are definitely planning on Columbus for the 4th, I think with another family and their 3 kiddos.  We are doing Red, White, and Boom, Zoo, and Cosi but not sure what order/days.

MDawg:  Enjoy your rest day!!

Flinders:  Great intervals and a double...you are crazy!  In a good way though.

Sprinkles:  I haven't done PFitz but I think it is fine to change things up, as long as you give yourself enough easy/recovery runs.  Having a training plan is great, but let's face it...we all have jobs/lives and sometimes things just don't work out.

Onemile:  I remember being terrified of that workout and honestly, it wasn't bad at all...much easier than the longer intervals and the strength runs, I guess because the intervals are so short!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

I'm enjoying all the shared Hansons misery here hehe.  Just wait til you get to the ladder workout. That one killed me.  The 3x1600s are fun too.  Evil

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Still sick with a fever so I took today off too.  Fortunately, I was able to eat some fruit last night without issues, so I'll try real food today.  I have lost 6lbs, can I keep that weight loss?

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Rollcast, from what I have heard, the PFs are the best for longer distances, as compared to the Connects.  They have better support than the other pair.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Ami, definitely keep me in the loop with Cosi and the Zoo. Our youngest is 3, so I think we're gonna do the local fireworks, rather than Red, White, and Boom, although we want to do that one eventually (do you need tickets?).

Not just the 12X400, ALL the Speed workouts suck. I'm glad that ladder workout is not in the Beginners, he he. Speaking of which, Onemile, which of the Speed workouts is most comparable to the ladder workout?

Docket, feel better.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

CBus:  It does not appear that you need tickets.  It is free to watch the music, fireworks, etc...I am sure you have to pay for parking, food, drinks, and what not.  We are thinking of taking COTA from Dublin (where we are staying)  to downtown just so we don't have to park and deal with that nonsense.

MOTA:  I will admit I was pretty glad the HM program didn't include the ladder either!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Just a quick update before I leave for afternoon shift at work...

RVD that's a huge workload to take on; I admire your fitness and determination.

Indi, nice pace on the bike- hope things clear up soon, perhaps a clean MRI is a good thing?

CMB, maybe you will love triathlon- anyway it seems like a great substitute.

Flinders, you did 12x400 for your first interval session? That's jumping in the deep end, glad you didn't pull a hamstring or something! Good pacing. I am lazy and get tired easily so I generally do not jog between them, just stand around huffing and puffing!

Hope you get over the fever soon Docket, you are having a great year.

I am not running well recently, possibly a weather adjustment or simply one of those things. Nothing really wrong just my legs feel like rubber and I get tired easily.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

onemile

Not just the 12X400, ALL the Speed workouts suck. I'm glad that ladder workout is not in the Beginners, he he. Speaking of which, Onemile, which of the Speed workouts is most comparable to the ladder workout?

I don't know if it's comparable because the ladder workout is longer but I think the 3x1600's are pretty tough.

Roll:  Good luck tonight.  I'll be watching!  Chicago needs this game or the series might be over.

If We go down 1-3 in the series tonight it's over. it's gonna be a long game.

Thanks for the input on the shoes everyone.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

akalei

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.  I appreciate it.  I have an appointment with my primary care tomorrow and PT Tuesday.  Might go pick up a pair of Newtons, too.. that's what I switched to when my other ITB was messed up and they did wonders.  I know I run correctly now, but I'll take any psychological boost I can get.

Ami: I hear you on the beautiful weather.  Of course the week I can't run is the most beautiful week in months.  Ugh!

Sprinkles: I did a lot of shuffling things around when I did Pfitz before and was just fine.  He even says in the book that "life happens," so don'to sweat it.

docket: feel better! Loved the fb pics of SF!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Rusk Runner

Sprink - Do whats best for Sprinkles, Pfitz trusts you to do so.

DR - Feel better!

I am authorized for 24 additional visits to Phys Therapy and I start Monday.

20.9 miles on the bike last night and I diecided to push a tad harder (hills be damned).  Knocked about 8 minutes off my previous 20.9 mile times and felt good enough that I could have went harder.  Made some adjustments to my rear deraileur before the ride and low and behold, I actually got them right.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Indi - I hope the PT helps you. You haven't had your calf grastoned at all yet right?  When I hurt my calf back in Dec, I got graston done right away and there was a ton of gritty stuff on the side of my calf opposite of my injury.  (Both of my calves were really bad actually - my chiro wanted to do the other one when he saw how bad the injured one was).  Anyway, just after that one appointment I could tell a huge difference in how much more normal my calves felt. I hadn't realized how tight they were before but it was like instant relief.  It still took a few sessions and about 2 weeks for my injured spot to get back to feeling normal but I think that the graston played a big role in helping it heal quickly and it has not caused me any problems since. I've had both calves grastoned a couple times since then when they've felt a little tight though.

DetroitTigerFan

Good afternoon all

Ran my week 1, 9 miler last night and it went well- although i had to fit in a stop to CVS in my running route to pick up a battery for my heart rate monitor. Interesting thing I wanted to share.  I thought my battery went out and when i replaced it, the monitor still didn't work (i have the garmin one that came with the 305)  Anyway, it still didn't work when i cleaned it and tried to re-pair it,etc..   So i checked the internet - a forum suggested taking the battery out, then reversing the battery and shoving it in the compartment upside down for 15 seconds- somehow this "resets" the ID. Then you take the battery out and reinstall it the right direction. Anyway.... it worked !!!! go figure !!! i never would have thought that as a solution.  I'm still sassy that i had to break up my 9 mile run to stop at CVS  Angry

Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Onemile - No I havent.  The PTs didnt want to dao anything until clots, tears, etc, were ruled out by an MRI.  It only makes sense to get graston at this point as tightness in the only feeling I have in the left calf area anymore.  If I can get the thing feeling normal again I dont think it will take to long to get my base built back up since the cycling is keeping me somewhat fit.  Actually, there is a notable difference in my thighs (muscle growth) that I am hoping is actually going to make me a stronger runner.

DTF - That is very interesting.  I had to stop using a HRM and had to bust out my spare.  Now I am wondering if I threw the old one out ( I think I did).  I may have lost some money on that one.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

Good afternoon!  Couldn't get into the site this morning.  Anyway, 7 miles with 5 at GMP, 1 mile w/u, and 1 mile c/d.  The 5 GMP miles were 8:36, 8:28, 8:29, 8:29, and 8:25.  Again, a touch fast, but it's only my second GMP workout.  Plus, my lovely Atlanta hills always come into play.  DH flies out to CO tomorrow for his cycling trip.  His buddies that are driving out came by and picked his bike up this morning.  You'd have thought he was sending his child to the first day of school the way he fussed over it!

Indy:  Your bike fitness will translate well to running.  It's helped DH tremedously.  I second onemile about the Graston.  It can only help.  I'd be willing to bet it will fix most of that tightness.  I'm seeing my sports doc to get a once over on Monday.  Nothing's wrong, but I want him to check out my calves since I've started a training cycle.  I bet I get a little Graston love!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

I'm having so much trouble with this site I'm about ready to go back to RWOL.  I get error pages most of the the times I click on a link.  I think if I copy the link address and then add an "s" after the "http" it will often work, but this is a nuisance.