Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

4 easy this morning. Felt rough, I think, because of all the yard work I did yesterday. Took the kids out for a bike ride. And more home improvement stuff. So the day was nothing but easy.

Dtf, way to get it done.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Roll, you STILL need washer fluid? Dude, get it done, already!

Ha. done deal.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

DTF - Pfitz's answer is what I was referring to on my reply.  The only reason I experimented with slower paces for a last mile during my MP runs was due to the hills that would have to run at the end of my long runs.  Turns out I should have just attacked those hills at MP.  Good job on the run!  You should meet your goal this  year!

Onemile - Good luck on the race today!  Tear it up, Speedster!

Flinders - Those B2R exercises from Eric Orton seem so simple but, by the time you finish your reps, you are feeling it.

URD yesterday.  Got the larger side of the property mowed before the rain, vacuumed the pool, and took the family out for a shopping trip at the Fort Knox PX.  Was raining when I got home at 5:00 so I just decided to tear into the suhsi that I bought while in Fort Knox.

Planning on about 60 miles on the bike this morning.  Might catch some rain, but all in all it probably wont be to bad.  I may try to run 3 miles or so tomorrow to see how the leg reacts.  I am starting to get a hint of cyclist's thighs.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

LOL at Rollcast and his water fluid.

Morning.  5-7 and weights planned for today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cbus, nice 4, even though rough.

indi, enjoy the bike today!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

10 for me at an average 9:12 pace.  Again, a little faster than what I'm supposed to be running on LRs, but I think I'm slowly starting to dial in the paces for Hansons.  Another beautiful morning, but the pop up storms will be here later with the humidity.  DH comes home this afternoon!  Yay!

Go onemile!

Indy:  Enjoy the bike.  Looking forward to your run next week.  Hope things have improved.

Roll:  thank goodness you refilled your wiper fluid...since you need to use it so much right now!  Did you see any of the video from the Blackhawks parade?  Unbelievable turnout!

Docket:  enjoy the run and weights.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

mdawg, nice 10.

onemile, go get it!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Wow so much activity since I was in here last.

Pfitz mp miles: I do them a few miles in - the beginning and end of my runs are on a concrete path littered with various tourists during the daytime and also many small children on bicycles and the like pretty much all the time, so its a bit too obstacle course for MP to be reliable.

Onemile : tear it up

Roll: 107 yuck

Me: Definitely felt it on my run today 83 deg and 72 dewpoint w/ 71% humidity.   I was drenched in sweat but managed to come close to weighing the same as I did yesterday morning after weighing myself - either I hydrated ok (3 8oz bottles) or I was retaining a ton of water.  Either way it was a good run.  15 miles around 9:20 avg. pace.  Now I"m off to Soulcycle.

QOTD: For the ladies, do you know how many calories you consume when training.  I had my BMR measured and it said I burn 1500 ish at rest - I was told that if I eat less than 1800, I'll go into starvation mode and not lose the pesky 5 pounds that I'm fighting off.  Any ideas?

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning, all.

10.9 LR for me this morning.  Averaged 8:12 for all of it.  First mile was a warmup  at about 9:15; most of the splits were just a shade faster than target (target is 8:05; most of my  miles were right at 8 flat).  77F, DP 73F, 89% humidity  , so it ended  up being quite tough; I was feeling it at the end and quite glad to be finished.  I was soggy at then end of it, too.

mdawg: Nice 10! We basically had the same workout this morning.  I'm running them a bit too fast, too, but I think another couple of weeks of Hansons beating me up will cause me to slow down.

Indy: enjoy the bike ride.  I'm looking into the B2R exercises; thanks for the tip!

onemile: Smash it!

DTF: Nice run!

Roll:  I wasn't being disapproving of snapping photos whilst driving 60+mph, just commenting. Smile

Sprinkles: Nice run! (I'm not a lady, but I've always been under the impression that running burns 100-125 calories per mile (men on the higher end, women on the lower end), depending on pace).

Cbus: Nice 4!

Docket: Hi!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

1500 is without exercise, so you would need to add the exercise calories burned and eat those too.  If I go below 1700-1800 (Net, including adding the calories burned and eating them), I start gaining weight.  If I eat more than that, I lose weight.  So, it depends on how much you run and you'll need to do it by trial and error.

Wow so much activity since I was in here last.

Pfitz mp miles: I do them a few miles in - the beginning and end of my runs are on a concrete path littered with various tourists during the daytime and also many small children on bicycles and the like pretty much all the time, so its a bit too obstacle course for MP to be reliable.

Onemile : tear it up

Roll: 107 yuck

Me: Definitely felt it on my run today 83 deg and 72 dewpoint w/ 71% humidity.   I was drenched in sweat but managed to come close to weighing the same as I did yesterday morning after weighing myself - either I hydrated ok (3 8oz bottles) or I was retaining a ton of water.  Either way it was a good run.  15 miles around 9:20 avg. pace.  Now I"m off to Soulcycle.

QOTD: For the ladies, do you know how many calories you consume when training.  I had my BMR measured and it said I burn 1500 ish at rest - I was told that if I eat less than 1800, I'll go into starvation mode and not lose the pesky 5 pounds that I'm fighting off.  Any ideas?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Since I'm not going to try to run later today, the week's total was 53.3.

June ended up being 139.9, which is decent for having two weeks of marathon recovery at the beginning.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Ball of Fury

Hi Donuts!!  I am so happy right now I could cry....just ran 3.01 miles with no pain and it felt fantastic!!  Average 8:47/mile which is probably a bit fast but it just felt easy! I know I have to ease back into it, but at least it's a start!!  I'm sorry I don't have time for personals but the kiddos are calling!

Sprinkles:  I easily eat between 1800-2000 callmaintains and I agree, you need at least 1800!

Onemile:  Kick ass!

Everyone else:  Great running...will catch up later.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Hey all.

13.1 miles @ 9:31, with a strongish finish. We got a huge storm two days ago, and yesterday, which washed the heat away. So weather was fantastic: high 60s with like 90% humidity. That gives me 44 (43.9, technically) for the week. Bring on week 3.

Hansons people, is it just me or is the LR workout TOUGH?! So far, I've been dreading the LR, but of course Speed hasn't started yet.

Ami, that's awesome to hear! You still coming to Columbus? Let me know details about zoo and Cosi if you are. PM me if you want.

Onemile, crush it!

Great runs everyone!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

MA runner girl

Onemile - Hope you had a great race!

Pfitz MP LR - I always warmed up and finished with all the MP miles. I think I only did 2 of the runs though, before I got pregnant.

sprinkles - I'm a little heavier probably, but when I'm not bfing I net around 1600 to lose weight, 2000 to maintain (prepreg weight is 145, I'm at 150 now). Now I can net 2000 and still lose about a pound a week thanks to bfing!

Flinders - Wow, speedy LR!

Ami - I'm so happy for you! Hope you continue to feel good.

Me: Finished the week with 17 miles and the month with 62.1. Not too shabby. Most miles since last July, which was 185 I think. LOL I did 4 miles with 2 @ 8:34 pace on the TM this morning. Felt good to push myself, but I think my TM might need callibrating since it was tougher than I think it should have been. Even the w/u + c/d @ 5.5mph felt more like 10:00 outside pushing the stroller feels.

LO is 3 months old on Tuesday. CRAZY. I go back to work on the 8th. So not excited. Hoping I can still get the runs in.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

onemile

Hi Donuts!!  I am so happy right now I could cry....just ran 3.01 miles with no pain and it felt fantastic!!  Average 8:47/mile which is probably a bit fast but it just felt easy! I know I have to ease back into it, but at least it's a start!!  I'm sorry I don't have time for personals but the kiddos are calling!

So happy to hear this Ami!