Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  7 easy miles before dawn with DH this morning.  Nice and cool with a light drizzle at the start.  Grateful I didn't decide to go to FL this week as they may need to build an ark down there.  Luckily tropical storm Andrea will be long gone by the time I leave on Sunday.

Akalei:  I watched the Pens/Bruins game through the 2nd period and then had to go to bed.  Sure am glad I'm not a Pens fan today.  That was a devastating loss.  Time for all those superstars to earn their paychecks in game 4.  I've enjoyed the Kings/Blackhawks series more than the Pens/Bruins.  Much more interesting and not as lopsided!

Indy:  Nice ride!  Steady as she goes my friend.  You'll get there.

Ami:  I wouldn't worry about races right now.  I think you should focus solely on getting healed and keeping your fitness up in the other ways you've described.  I know, for me, thinking about future races and if I could do them drove me insane.  I had to just shut that out of my mind until I could run without pain again.

cmb:  So good to hear encouraging news from you!  Glad you are progressing well.  Even though I'm a warm weather gal, your descriptions of MN make me want to come check it out...in the summer of course!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

amik - I agree with mdawg.  I told DW that if I could run on July 4, I would run with her which would be about a 12 mpm pace  (I was planning on 6:30 pace).  I told another friend that I would run my planned half with him in September and that would be waaaaaaaaaay slower than I want to run it (I was planning on 7:30  pace).  I just want to get healthy and get my base built back up to 45 miles per week and start training for my 50 miler next year.  Now, you want to talk about bicycles?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

I am not a hockey fan as I grew up in Africa, but I agree completely with Akalei, the officials in that game were a disgrace.

I also don't understand how the game operates under one set of rules in the regular season but then hooking, slashing etc. don't get called in the playoffs. Baseball players are not allowed metal bats, or pitchers allowed 10 feet closer to the plate- I don't get it.

Ending a long run in a park with fish and beer sounds great!

My bike is a department store steel framed model from about 15 years ago. So old it is getting hard to find 26 inch tyres!

Feeling more energetic today after about a week (weak?) of being tired and lethargic. I have no idea why.

Happy trails.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I'm late but I'm working from home and drafting an objection that is making my brain melt.  Ran this morning as the Tropical Storm passed near us, so there was wind, rain, and a tornado watch.  Fun!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei- hopefully the foot is just a wrong move...that is really discouraging.  Luckily there is 12/55 as well.

Hockey- I got nothin'

Docket- that storm does not sound fun at ALL.

Me- 9 General Aerobic miles this morning, 8:48 avg pace.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Hi all.

9 easy today.

Ami, +1 to Mdawg and Indi.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Good Afternoon.  8 miles this morning with 3x1600 - went pretty good.  A little yappy dog came after me.  I was on a fast interval, so I decided he was all bark and tried to keep running.  Stupid thing ran up between my feet and I had to stop anyway.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, the afternoon run was less ideal than the morning, as the wind was worse.  Rain and dewpoint made for a better run than sun and dewpoint but we were still having 90s as heat index.

Hope everybody has a great night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  One night I was running and heard this yappy dog near me.  It was a dark stretch of the complex.  Next thing I know, I ran over him (mostly like kicked him) because the little thing ran up between my feet and I never saw him.  He was OK because next thing I heard was him running away barking like crazy at me.  Like how dare you?????

Good Afternoon.  8 miles this morning with 3x1600 - went pretty good.  A little yappy dog came after me.  I was on a fast interval, so I decided he was all bark and tried to keep running.  Stupid thing ran up between my feet and I had to stop anyway.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Well fought game tonight by the Kings, but my boys go up 3-1 in the series. Woohoo! X2 on the Crosby nausea. I really hope to see a Blackhawk Bruin battle for the cup.

Ami - I can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

cmb - great progress

Simon - they try to let them battle it out a bit more. More exciting I guess.

Mdawg - nice run. Enjoy FL

Dark streets - Sprinkles - Cbus - nice runs

Docket - objection. Just wing it Cool

7 miles at an average of 8:31 mpm

8:02 not sure how that happened

9:24

9:17

8:45

8:32

8:16

7:35

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me.  Race tomorrow.  Weather looks decent with lower humidity.  We'll see how it goes!  I will sleep good tomorrow night for sure...after I prep for vacation that is.  Still haven't packed one thing.

Roll:  I made it through the 2nd period and then had to go to bed.  I don't see how you can stay up for those late games!  We'll see if LA can finally win a road game now that their backs are against the wall.  The Blackhawks will get the Kings best shot on Saturday for sure.  That being said, I still think Chicago wraps it up on Saturday.

cbus:  Ouch...tough loss on home ice for your team.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  More running tonight but it will be just a recovery run, part of it with hubby.  Not sure how I have run so many miles but I blame the 2013 in 2013 game, damn it.

mdawg, good luck on the race tomorrow!

Rollcast, nice run.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Happy  National Donut day!!  Sorry I haven't caught up in a couple days...work is just insane.  I think every women in the tri-state area has had a baby this week!!  Anyway, I did manage to run 2.1 slow, hot miles on Wednesday for National Running Day but it wasn't pretty or fun.  I think the big thing I noticed was that running no longer feels natural or smooth, just kinda clunky and awkward.  The Insanity workouts are going pretty well though...they don't really hurt at all.  Have a follow-up with the ortho day so we will see what he has to say.  As far as races, you are all correct that I shouldn't worry about it and just see what happens.  I just don't want to miss the deadlines for dropping down or transferring bibs if I can help it.

MDawg:  Good luck tomorrow....I hope you have a great race!!  And a great trip to Florida.

Roll:  Nice run!  And yes, I am so, so frustrated simply because there just isn't a clear course for treatment or for improvement, ya know?

Docket:  Seriously...I could never live in Miami!  Kudos to you...even if you are abusing little dogs!

CBus:  Nice running!

DS:  Great job on the intervals!  I seriously hate it when the dogs come running out and get tangled in your feet.

Sprinkles:  Nice 9!  I consider myself a sports girl but I am with you on the hockey...got nothin!

Alkalei:  I hope your foot is just a tweak and is feeling better!

Indy:  I am glad you are enjoying riding.  DH has a bike and used to ride a ton, but I haven't ridden a bike since I was a child.  Maybe I should look into it.

Cmb:  So happy to hear you were able to get out there for a run!  Keep it up!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Did 9 yesterday, and I will do 4 easy/recovery sometime today.

Roll/Mdawg, this series is over. Unless the Kings pull out a miracle. We just aren't the same with our #2 and 3 centerlinesmen healthy and/or playing.

Mdawg, good luck on your race, and have a nice vacation.

Ami, I'd definitely transfer down to the Half because if you race/run at all, I doubt you'll be ready for a full. Just a side thought, what is your easy/recovery pace like? If they're on the faster side, see if slowing down allows you to get some miles in.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Hey all,

Did 9 yesterday, and I will do 4 easy/recovery sometime today.

Roll/Mdawg, this series is over. Unless the Kings pull out a miracle. We just aren't the same with our #2 and 3 centerlinesmen healthy and/or playing.

Mdawg, good luck on your race, and have a nice vacation.

Ami, I'd definitely transfer down to the Half because if you race/run at all, I doubt you'll be ready for a full. Just a side thought, what is your easy/recovery pace like? If they're on the faster side, see if slowing down allows you to get some miles in.

You are right...I should just transfer now.  As far pace, Wed it was around 10:30/mile average so not fast.  It's not so much a matter of pace or tired legs (I don't think), it's just the hip (mostly) and knee start to really ache at about 2-3 miles.  If I go farther, I start limping.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15