Sub-4 Marathon Group

October 2013 (Read 41 times)

Smashy!!!

Here ya go!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

moved a day around for Hanson and taking an SRD today so I could have 5 days consecutive running in the past week. This is an attempt to re-acclimate my body to 5-6 day consecutive runs. Feel good and its gonna stay that way.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Inadvertently posted this in September....Blush

This morning's run was anything but easy...some dumb ass car with bright lights blinded me.  I ended up stepping off side of road into hole and fell.  Twisted or sprained my ankle then the a-hole just drove by.  I was able to jog home on ankle but really swollen.  Icing and taking ibuprofen as well as compressing it.  But really pissed off since Marine Corps Marathon is only 4 weeks away.

update: ankle swollen, black and blue...but not pain just stiff.  doing ice, elevation, compression, and Ibu's.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Inadvertently posted this in September....Blush

This morning's run was anything but easy...some dumb ass car with bright lights blinded me.  I ended up stepping off side of road into hole and fell.  Twisted or sprained my ankle then the a-hole just drove by.  I was able to jog home on ankle but really swollen.  Icing and taking ibuprofen as well as compressing it.  But really pissed off since Marine Corps Marathon is only 4 weeks away.

update: ankle swollen, black and blue...but not pain just stiff.  doing ice, elevation, compression, and Ibu's.

that's super frustrating. Hopefully its just cosmetic, so to speak, and nothing major.

Roll - So is the re-acclimation going ok?

DTF - I think that previous inquiries into shoe mileage for races has lead me to believe that nowadays shoes don't really need to be broken in, and so you only need enough miles to be sure that the shoe isn't rubbing a little differently that will give you a blister or that there isn't some production defect on that particular pair. Then you obviously don't want to run a race on worn out shoes if you have other options.

Oh, and I forgot about late Tiger playoff games making me tired around this point last year. I got a cold the last week of the taper. Need to make sure I get enough sleep somehow this year to help avoid anything similar happening. Of course the first series is agains Oakland with 9:30PM start times.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

DetroitTigerFan

shadow - hope the swelling goes down on the leg and you are ok. I've seen cars with bright's on too while running. Even when I run with my headlamp on and see a runner in the opposite direction, I'll turn my head so I don't bling the other guy

nick - hope your running is going well.  thanks for the tip too. lol on the tigers and being tired.  Tis the season and hope we do better this year.  I have tix to game 4 alds if necessary - i'm glad its during taper but agree need to protect the immune system this time of year. I have to go to bed early on Friday for my final 16 miler on Sat so i'm going to miss game 1

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

Shadow - That happened to me right before the Indianapolis marathon last year.  I had a bucket of ice water under my desk all day for a week.  Everything turned out okay, but it doesnt stop you from being pissed, worried, and crazy all at the same time.

DTF - Hows taper treating you?

Went for a 10.23 @ 8:44 tonight on the hills.  Always a little tiring after a full days work and its warm outside, but all in all a good run. Yesterdays cruise intervals/repeats didnt hold me down anyway.  Looking forward to some cooler weather soon.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Morning all. Thanks for all the advice,etc. Swelling is almost gone but really bruised under ankle. Able to walk normally so range of motion coming back. Only 2 days but itching to run...forcing myself to be good and wait till weekend before I try test run. But will be cautious if I do.

Have a great day.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

mdawg87

Morning y'all!

Popping in to check on RVD.  Are you around?  How's the calf?  What did you decide on Chicago?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Roll - So is the re-acclimation going ok?

feeling pretty strong. I feel like the hip is daily management item at this point. It feels fine but needs to be rolled and stretched as a preventative measure.

DetroitTigerFan

indy - taper is going well so far. Only thing I noticed is i'm tending to over eat a little so I need to watch that and put the brakes on. thanks for asking.  Do you have a race coming up ?

nick - if the tig's make it to ALCS, there could be a game on Oct 20. Do you think they would do a 1:05 Sunday game or sometime later? i'm debating getting tickets to take a chance for a game 7, however a 1:05 start would not leave too much recovery after finishing around 11 am - lol

roll - looking forward to hockey again

mdawg - hello !!

me - out for my final mid week 10 miler

Rusk Runner

Strong run for me this morning.  Going to get on the bike when I get home later today and go out for a 20 mile ride to freshen up my legs.

DTF- I am going to run the half at the Indianpolis Monumental.  I was supposed to try for my BQ but injury pretty well did in my training for a fall race.  Onemile will be going for her BQ minus a few, Amik and her DH will be running the half and Cbus will be spectating at the Monumental also, so a FE plus great day of racing is ahead.

Happy Running to all!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys. Sorry I've been MIA but as you have read, I'm on unpaid furlough, ugh.  Tapering for Chicago, now everything hurts, runs are sluggish and I have a headache almost every day.  Bring on the taper.

RVD, how is the calf?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

Docket - hope the shutdown ends soon.  Are you running Chicago with any other donuts this year ?

Indy - sounds like a donut reunion at your race. Is this same one you were on video last year?

Me - finished 16 today - last one of the training cycle. I was there at 5:40 am and had to wait 2 hours in my car for a rain and lightning storm to end. Rain was ok but that it was a little scary with the lightning. I didn't want to drive home since the rain would have followed me there, so decided to try to sleep in the car and wait it out.  It was pretty humid, but I did ok

Docket_Rocket

No other donut but RVD is doing the Chicago Marathon.  Hope he is still doing it.  Nice 16.

After 4 days and 4 migraines, I was able to do my 12 with the last 4 @ MP today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page