Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Dreamn

6.25 miles done in an hour.  Just wanted to run nice and easy Smile.

I'll be doing Shamrock, as well.  But only the half.  We should do a donuts FE.  Although, I think there are many RA'ers and RWOL'ers running it .

Trail Monster

Indiana, WOW! I hope I can run that someday!

Dreamn, definitely will try to meet as many people as possible at Shamrock! I'm staying with a couple friends from Twitter and meeting up with some ladies from the Super Moms group and Ill try to keep up with any FE's with Donuts and the BF!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

cmb4314

Hi all!  I have a tempo run tonight - 10 with 6 @ probably 8:30ish pace.  Since Pfitz seems to set his plans as if people are 3 hour marathoners, I'm running the 6 slower than he asks - I'm looking at Daniels' adjustments to pace for longer tempo runs, and for my VO2max he slows me down to ~8:30 for a run of that duration.  

Damaris - hope your head feels better!

Banshee - I get you on the competitiveness thing.  My husband is training for the same race as me, but since he's into triathlons and wants to keep up on his biking he's doing a program that's kind of like FIRST.  He's kind of killing me, because he's doing a program that I would never advise, and he's also totally messing with the order of the plan, going with the "do all the workouts in whatever order I can" strategy, and possibly missing out on the point of how some of the weeks are structured.  I would LOVE to be as fast as him at the marathon, but I think that even with less ideal training, he just has more natural speed and is going to beat me.  

AmiK - You sound like me on Tuesday - I ran my 18 mile LR on Monday night, and the next night it was all I could do to finish 6 recovery miles at an 11:00 pace.  My legs were all sorts of dead.   

Mdawg - Hope your calf hangs in there for the 10 miles!

Cbus, Dreamn - Enjoy the easy miles

Indiana - I got shoes for Christmas last year, I understand your itch Smile

Zoe - good luck on the double!

In response to the QOTD - I go Monday to Sunday.  Probably because some training program went that way at some point, and I stuck to it.

Also - another way this site is awesome is that when I edit a post, it doesn't yell at me that I can't post my edit right away, because I posted something else too recently Smile

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Smashy!!!

CMB, just wanted to say: smart move on adjusting those tempo paces. Oh yeah, and I also like being able to edit my posts right away! 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Migraine is almost gone.

Sounds like you guys have had a busy day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Trail Monster

Cmb, he is faster than me at every distance so far from 5k (21:05) to half (1:44). I'm sure he could kick my ass at the marathon but I'm counting on him being under trained since he's never seriously trained for anything. I give him good advice, offer training plans, etc but I know he'll 'train' his way until he has a horrible first marathon like I did. I just want to beat him ONCE at something, not counting his first 5k which was his first run ever. 

Docket, glad you're feeling better.

getting ready to take the kids to my mom's for the weekend. I'm looking forward to my massage tomorrow and 15 miles on Sunday. However the news today makes me almost wish they were staying here with me. I can't wait for Gem to get home from school!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

White Lightning

Afternoon all.  Missed my run yesterday because I was lazy.  Forced myself today and did 7, 1st 4 at 9:54, then  2 at 9:04 and last at 10:43, made running on the TM much more fun.  This winter weather is very depressing

I log Mon to Sun

Indiana, nice goal pace, i'd really like to be there someday

Question about Hanson's MP runs.  Is the MP portion supposed to simulate a certain point in a race?  Like today I did 2 at MP, should that feel like the first two in a race, middle or end?  Just curious.  I'm not in the plan yet, 4 more weeks, just wanted to start getting some faster miles in to get ready for the plan but still not sure what pace i'm going to aim for at the beginning of the plan

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Got in my 4 easy today.

Josh, the MP runs can be used to simulate race conditions, but they are not meant to mimick any point in the race. The LR on the other hand are meant to mimick the last 16 miles of the race, effort wise. 

Banshee, +1 about the tragedy in CT. I'm grateful that my kids are home, safe with us. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Cbus- Not starting training until January 13, so I have about a month to just get easy miles in and relax.  I'm doing hills nowadays as my only real form of "training." 

Damaris- hope you're feeling better

Me- spin this morning - intense and sweaty.  I was dehydrated and that is why I felt so terrible.  I also jotted down what I'd been eating a few days leading up to my double-exercise day and it was insufficient.  Today I ate a bagel the size of my face and drank a lot of water. 

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Just realized I missed the last page of replies here

dreamn - nice 6.25

CMB- curious to see how the Pfitz modifications go....I was sketched out by doing a lot of his fast running work at this stage in my running career.  I'm not as fast as his average runner, so it would equate with significantly more time on my feet than someone who runs a 3 hour marathon. 

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

nachosgrande

Good day, Donuts.

I've managed to run 11.5 miless this week without any pain or swelling.  So progress is being made.

My heart is absolutely broken over the news today.  Prayers go out to all the families effected by today's events.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi gang.

I did 4.4 @ 8:41 at lunch today.

QOTD: I log Monday to Sunday.

Not much to add today.  Glad it is the weekend.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Although I feel better, I decided to just take a URD.  Running with the remnants of a migraine is never fun.

QOTD, I run Monday to Sunday.

And I finally register for the 5 miler I want to race on Sunday.  I will attempt a PR.  Since my PR is 8:5X and I've done 8-9 miles @ 9mm before, I suspect this will be easy to break, right?  RIGHT?

Flinders, I'm so glad it's the weekend to!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DR- shoot for 40 minutes- go hard or go home! I love those races where you take a chance and see what happens, often you can do more than you expect. Glad you feel better.

Nachos, glad you were able to run without pain.

Sprinkles make sure you eat enough, dieting and training don't go together well. At least not for more than a week or two.

Cmb and Banshee- I am the least competitive male I know, but when a race starts watch out. Not sure why this is but I suspect people who don't much enjoy team sports are more competitive at individual sports.

13kms or so (8 miles?) at a hard pace today, half the run in rolling hills. Rest tomorrow, LSD Sunday?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

Not sure if I'm up to 40 minutes because my 5K PR is 24:57, but I think I might surprise myself at how close to that I can get.  It will be my first PR attempt without albuterol, so it's going to be fun to watch.  Or painful, LOL.

Morning.  Doubles day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page