Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Rusk Runner

Docket - Do your best and Fly Girl, FLY! 

I really need to get my 5K PR down before I get too deep into MRT.  I will worry about the half PR after the race.

I am more competitive with myself than anyone else.  When it comes to hobbies such as running, I feel the need to push myself to higher expectations.

Nachos - Glad to hear you can run without pain, even if your totals arent what you may want yet.  You sir, are a fast runner and you have accomplished much already.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Damaris:  Good luck tomorrow....kick ass!

Nachos:  Yay for pain free running!!

Simon:  Nice 13K!

Banshee:  I am an uber competitive person, although I have gotten better as I get older and I am not a sore loser at least!  It's funny because I am faster than DH and pretty much always beat him by 4-5 minutes and I have often wondered if this bugs him, but haven't thought much about it.  Last weekend, when he beat me at the end of the trail race, I have to admit I was a little bit pissed...mostly at myself, but still!  I didn't tell him though...just told him great job!  Have a nice weekend without the kiddos, although I know exactly what you mean.  When I was running this morning, I was thinking about our January trip for the marathon and wondering if we could just take them with us (they are staying at home with my mom for the week).

CMB:  Nice run!  I will be interested to see how PFitz and his paces work for you as well.  We have a 1/2 in May and I really want to get down to 1:45 or so.  Am trying to decided between Ryan Hall or PFitz 12/55!

Josh:  Nice 7 miler....sometimes when I force myself to go out and run, I have the best runs!

CBus:  Nice 4-miler!  The outsides of my feet felt better today Smile

Sprinkles:  I would love to lose about 4-5 lbs to get back down to where I was last summer, but I just can't seem to eat less while I am training!  How long have you been spinning?  I should really give it a try.

Flinders:  Nice 4 @ lunch!  I wish I could run at lunch...hell, sometimes I super lucky to eat lunch!

Jag:  I am having the most ridiculous urge to run a 5K soon...haven't run one since June and that one was called The Meltdown and we did 3 5Ks, one at 8, one at 9, and one at 10 so wasn't a true test of my pr.  I really want to see a 21Tight lippedx!!

7.3 miles @ 9:50 ish this morning.  I was supposed to go 8, but my right ITB was super tight and I realized at around 6.5 I was sort of limp running and just decided to call it and head home.  We have our 2nd 20-miler tomorrow so I need to be fresh for that.  I need to stretch today and foam roll when I get home from work (12 lovely hours today, bringing me to 70 for week..yuck!).  Hope everyone has a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  6 miles done in 100% humidity.  Grrrr.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Two 6mile easy runs this week plus a 3m tempo run on Friday. Ran at 8:14, and 153/154 AHR. Checked afterwards to see what my HR should be for a tempo / lactate threshold run, and it was 152-154, so it would seem I was running at the right pace. First speed workout since the marathon. Felt good to blow away the cobwebs! Also went to gym this morning, first time for about 5 weeks (since week 1 of taper).

Personal bests (bold = this year): 5K - 23:27 / 5M - 38:42 / 10K - 49:31 (track) / 10M - 1:24:26 / HM - 1:51:17 / M - 3:58:58

Next races: NYC Marathon, Nov 2014 

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning all.  12 mile LR @ 9:02 this morning.  First run of more than 8+ miles that wasn't a race since October.  I'm feeling it a bit.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Smashy!!!

The ITBS Strikes Back! 

Went out for 8 and after mile 7, the ITBS came back. It was the sharp-stop-me-dead-in-my-tracks kind. I had to walk for about 50 ft. I was still a mile from home, so I started jogging. I had to stop a couple more times, but eventually I got it going, and ran the last mile home. So I ended up with my 8, but I'm pretty demoralized by the ITBS. I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking I'll finish up the week (tomorrow's a 4 mile recovery, and I've got a route I can cut short if need be), but after that I'm not sure. I'm thinking I'll do my Speed workout on Monday, and see if the ITBS comes back. If it does, then I might be done for the spring half. 

Nachos, glad to hear you are running pain free again. 

Docket, smash that race. 

Ami, sorry to hear about the ITBS. It sucks, doesn't it. 

TFS, nice workouts. 

Flinders, it sounds like the PF is being held at bay. Awesome! 

Happy running everyone. 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Simon- I'm not even trying to diet- I've just been sorta feeling crappy the last few days.  Seems better today, so I'll probably end up eating more.

AmiK- I've been spinning for 6 months and running for a year.  I don't really count the year before that because I was really just slowly doing short distances.  I tend to lose steadily during marathon training...and I do eat more too.  I guess its very slow losses though- I lost about 10 lbs this year in total, but that is literally in 365ish or so days.  I didn't lose muscle though, just fat, based on percentage. Boo to ITB being tight- hopefully you can nip it in the bud early.

Cbus:Sad ITBS.  I would insert a curse word here but I feel like the forums might not like it.  I had ITBS at this time last year and it sucked the life out of me until mid-Feb.  You might really want to take a full week completely off of any type of workouts.  That is the only thing that eventually healed me (plus Graston).

Today  I ran a 15k after getting a raceday entry for free.  I didn't try to race it, just ran according to feel and wound up at 1:20 ish (8:30 pace).

Here's the Race Recap http://connect.garmin.com/activity/251904126

If it doesn't work, splits are below.

Mile 11 = cool down lap from the finish line to the bag check

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Trail Monster

Damaris, I know you'll come back with a great story either way! I just hope it's the kind of story where you once again blow all our minds with your crazy running! Good luck!

Indiana, what's your 5k PR? I really want to get my times to line up better. 24:27 5k, 2:08 half (unofficial), 4:33 marathon, 12:05 50M are my currents and they don't line up which shows my endurance is weak. I really hope to see everything, 5k included, come down by a lot and align better over the next 8 months of training for BR.

Ami, I agree. I'm not really a sore loser. I'm genuinely happy when DH does well but I also want to be there with him. I want to run a 5k or half TOGETHER instead of him waiting around for 5-30 minutes for me. I really do think I can get to a 21-22 minute 5k if I train well. Guess well see!

Two-foot, welcome back to speed and training! 

Flinders, nice job! Rest up!

Cbus, did you stretch/roll/stick, etc? I hope you can get it back under control quickly!

Complete rest day here. I'm scheduled for 15 but I'm doing it tomorrow with DH and a bunch of friends instead. The kids are at my moms so I'm going to get a massage and spend the day relaxing! I slept in until 10 so I guess I really needed the rest! Now I'm eating a Clif bar, drinking coffee, and catching up. I am truly grateful I have a family who makes days like this possible!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Trail Monster

Sprinkles, congrats on a great run! that's an awesome time especially for not racing! 

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

Cbus - Stay the course brotha.  Hate to hear about the pain, but your determination and grit will prevail.  (speed may not be what you need come Monday)

Sprinkles - Good run!  Hope you get to feeling not so crappy.  The holidays are a time for a good appetite.

Banshee - My 5K PR is 22:02 but it was 80 deg and humid.  My 4 mile PR is 27:48 so I should be able to do a sub 21 5K.  My half PR was after a 55 mile week which included a 22 mile run, so I know I can better that one also.  I have only been at this for 17 months now, so I have time.  I just seem to keep my priorities focused on the marathon.

5 miles on the belt today.  10:00 pace.

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

Amik - I know what you mean, i felt great once i started going.  Hope ITB is okay, mine did the same thing today, been a bit lazy with my stretching the last few days

TFS - Great workout

Flinders - nice pace for the 12 miler

Cbus - Sorry man.  Keep at it, it will get better.  I cut my run short today because of mine, its an evil evil thing.  Keep fighting!!!

Sprinkles - Great job, nice and solid

Me - 5 easy miles on the TM again @ 10:49.  I wanted 6 but ITB was VERY tight and i've been major slacking on my stretching.  You would figure i'd learn that when I miss a day of stretching, it always bite me in the butt, but no, stupid.

QOTD - So that brings up stretching and rolling.  How often and when (before/after) a run do you stretch or throughout the day?  I seem to have to stretch about 4 times a day to stay loose, not all hard stuff, a lot of very light and gradual.  I have a mild case of scoliosis in my lower back and have a tendency to hunch over that seems to tighten everything up.  I've read that some people can throw on shoes and just go?  I'd never be able to get my legs moving if I did that

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, I know you'll come back with a great story either way! I just hope it's the kind of story where you once again blow all our minds with your crazy running! Good luck!

Indiana, what's your 5k PR? I really want to get my times to line up better. 24:27 5k, 2:08 half (unofficial), 4:33 marathon, 12:05 50M are my currents and they don't line up which shows my endurance is weak. I really hope to see everything, 5k included, come down by a lot and align better over the next 8 months of training for BR.

Ami, I agree. I'm not really a sore loser. I'm genuinely happy when DH does well but I also want to be there with him. I want to run a 5k or half TOGETHER instead of him waiting around for 5-30 minutes for me. I really do think I can get to a 21-22 minute 5k if I train well. Guess well see!

Two-foot, welcome back to speed and training! 

Flinders, nice job! Rest up!

Cbus, did you stretch/roll/stick, etc? I hope you can get it back under control quickly!

Complete rest day here. I'm scheduled for 15 but I'm doing it tomorrow with DH and a bunch of friends instead. The kids are at my moms so I'm going to get a massage and spend the day relaxing! I slept in until 10 so I guess I really needed the rest! Now I'm eating a Clif bar, drinking coffee, and catching up. I am truly grateful I have a family who makes days like this possible!

Depends on who you ask, no?  That thread on the BF is proof that some want me to fall on my face.

QOTD.  I never stretch.  I never roll unless something is sore.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Docket - Huh?

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Docket - Huh?

Oh, somebody opened a thread on the BF group here calling me a scumbag despicable human being among other insults and lies.  Banshee knows because she also posts there.  LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Docket: People suck!  Why would they say that?  Ugh.  I want to go look but at the same time I don't.  I've quit so many forums/blogging in my life because of crap like that. Hope you had a badass run.

Josh & Banshee: Thanks! It was a good day for racing...cold but good.

Indiana: No worries, I baked cookies and ate the dough - feeling fine today - must have been a mild stomach bug.

QOTD: I stretch after every run but not before.  My legs still get tight.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55