Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Cbus, how are you feeling?

Indi, how is your bride, any better?

Josh, thanks for the info. I need a good "between cycles" plan to keep the focus

Ami, dont get a case of the pre-race second guesses, go out wise, conservative and confident. Too much energy can be spent on stress.

Banshee, nice gift

Sram, is the toe box wider on the 5's?

You people wont believe it but, I ran yesterday. And it was great. Toe is feeling way better, thanks to the Prednisone (sp?)

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

vegefrog

Think of the body like a car. Whether the car has a full tank of gas or one gallon, it will run the same. But the moment it runs out of gas, it shutsdown--with almost no warning signs or, if there are warning signs, they come when it's almost too late. Your body is that car, but without a gas meter. So you cannot go by feel, because whether you have one or ten gallons of gas you will feel great, and then shut down if you go faster than the gas in your tank allows. So, if it were me, I'd pick my cant live without goal, and stick to that pace until mile 20, even if that means leaving time on the field. If I felt great after 20, I'd take it up a notch. If I were really confident, I'd plan to pick it up after 18 and then 20.

I like the car analogy! Really great way to remember to keep yourself in check until the end of the race!!!

Trail Monster

Happy letdown day all! I feel hungover without having drank at all! Too much food and stress! Now the kids are happily playing with new toys and I'm ready to go run off some excesses. However we're stuck in a blizzard warning with 6-8" expected today minimum. Guess its a treadmill day! I hope you all had a wonderful day and are ready to get back to training!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Feeling recovered from my bout with that stomach virus. But now I'm just icing from the Graston. Today hurt more than last time because I still had some bruising leftover from last time. He says he is seeing improvement from last time...which means he can go DEEPER. Yes, there were tears...and terror sweats...and tears. I asked him if he ever tries to convince people he dislikes to come in for Graston, and he says they have to take a vow to only use their powers for good and never for evil. Good news is he wants me to go back to my usual routine, mileage increases and all. Basically, he wants me to pretend I'm not injured, to see how far we can push each treatment. My plan is to use this week, which is blown up already, as a cutback, and then go for 40 next week. I still might race a spring half.

Roll, glad to hear the toe is feeling better.

Indi, hope the wife gets better.

Great running everyone else!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Prednisone works wonders...it also makes you gain weight.  I hate whenever I take it just for that.  But it makes my breathing better too!  Hope the toe feels better soon.

Cbus, how are you feeling?

Indi, how is your bride, any better?

Josh, thanks for the info. I need a good "between cycles" plan to keep the focus

Ami, dont get a case of the pre-race second guesses, go out wise, conservative and confident. Too much energy can be spent on stress.

Banshee, nice gift

Sram, is the toe box wider on the 5's?

You people wont believe it but, I ran yesterday. And it was great. Toe is feeling way better, thanks to the Prednisone (sp?)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Glad you're feeling better from the stomach virus.  But ouch.  You don't need to sell Graston!  I'm scared of it.  Are you bruised like my friend?  She used to get so many bruises from it.

Hey all,

Feeling recovered from my bout with that stomach virus. But now I'm just icing from the Graston. Today hurt more than last time because I still had some bruising leftover from last time. He says he is seeing improvement from last time...which means he can go DEEPER. Yes, there were tears...and terror sweats...and tears. I asked him if he ever tries to convince people he dislikes to come in for Graston, and he says they have to take a vow to only use their powers for good and never for evil. Good news is he wants me to go back to my usual routine, mileage increases and all. Basically, he wants me to pretend I'm not injured, to see how far we can push each treatment. My plan is to use this week, which is blown up already, as a cutback, and then go for 40 next week. I still might race a spring half.

Roll, glad to hear the toe is feeling better.

Indi, hope the wife gets better.

Great running everyone else!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docker, also gives me the caffine effect but hey trade off i guess.

Donuts, check out the sticky for next years goals, 2013 is coming, put them in writing and it may help motivate or just annoy the S#^! outta yourself.

Dreamn

I want to make some goals, but I really hate failing lol. I have zero running confidence right now, but I'll make some. I was too busy to keep up with this thread last week but still got 30 miles in for the week. I'm trying to go back and catch up now.Shamrock is like 12 weeks away and I need to get back into things to meet my goal. Heading out for some miles to beat the snow/slush that we're scheduled to get.
                  SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Going for Graston later today and an adjustment on my lower back- I don't know wtf I did over the holiday weekend, but I was running uphill and my upper left buttcheek/back area cramped again and now there is lingering pain.  URD today.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Rusk Runner

DW's fever has broke today, but she managed to be bed ridden through christmas.

Been a busy man taking care of the two kids and her also.  Hitten the mill in a few.  Dont know if work is in the cards tomorrow or not.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

oops

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

nachosgrande

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all the Donuts!

Hope everyone (and their spouses/family) is feeling better.

I'm finally getting over my sinus and/or respiratory infection.  Ran 4 at 7:45/mi on Friday and another 6 at 8:15/mi on Sunday.  My legs seem happier right now to run shorter distances at quicker paces.

I'm finally getting over my sinus and/or respiratory infection.  Ran 4 at 7:45/mi on Friday and another 6 at 8:15/mi on Sunday.  My legs seem happier right now to run shorter distances at quicker paces.

nice

Ball of Fury

Afternoon donuts!

Sramaley:  Nice 8 miler...hope you enjoyed the Ghosts!

CBus:  Thank you again so much for the advice...love the gas analogy!  And um...you REALLY do not need to become a Graston salesman because I really don't even want to try it now!

Banshee:  Love the bag!  Hope you enjoyed your dreadmill run!

Jag:  It was very nice of you to stay home and take care of your DW...hope she feels better.  Hope you enjoy your TM time.

Damaris:  Have a nice run/weight session.

Simon:  Pacing is most definitely my biggest weakness....that 12:20 is literally the fastest 2 miles I have ever run...lol!  I would like to do a 5K soon though because that PR is from April and I am pretty sure I can break that.

Roll:  Thanks...I do need to just relax and not over-analyze!  It's awesome that you ran...and pain free too!

Dreamn:  Nice 30 mile week!  Remind me...are  you doing the half or full at Shamrock?

Sprinkles:  Boo for butt/leg pain...hope it is better soon.

Nachos:  Those are some nice, quick runs!

Me/Myself/andI:  Did a very boring 6 easy miles at the gym...we are in the process of getting around 4 inches of snow but nothing like the blizzard in Indiana!  I alternated the 6 miles between the treadmill and the running track (20 laps=1mile) and averaged 9:50 so nice and easy...did a little core work at the end too.  I am supposed to do easy 8 tomorrow but I don't know if I can stomach that inside so I may push that to Friday...it is supposed to get really cold tonight so I am worried about running outside in the dark with ice.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Hi guys. Sorry I've been MIA the past few weeks.  Went on vacation and then came back and injured my calf (calf strain I believe).  Took 6 days off and got some Graston done on it and it's almost back to normal.  I missed the first couple runs on my schedule (Hansons Advanced) but now I am back on track.

Trying to catch up with what's been going on here while I was gone.  WOW!