Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Docket_Rocket

Are you calling me lazy? Joking

I'll try to fish the conversation from here and copy it into another thread sometime this weekend.

So start the thread already.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dreamn

10 miles today @~9 min pace before our snow blizzard of 3-4 inches :P.  Debating on whether I want to go out for a short run tomorrow.  I feel like I need some Yaktrax.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei- I read that book and loved it! Docket- I think the answer is going to be "this is random" and "let's monitor it" which is fine with me. Qotd: I think I've always had myself in my avatar (girl)...plus most guys wouldn't be sprinkles girl (dropped "girl" because it'd just easier to be sprinkles... Me: Pilates sucked. No shortcut around that statement. I quit after 25 minutes and wasted the same amount of time getting a much needed pedicure. I'm cutting the doc a bargain- I cut back on the intensity and duration of my workouts, but I'm not sitting on my rear for two weeks bored...I hate getting off a routine and then having to get back on one again, my back feels way better today.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Trail Monster

Morning all! Just an easy 2-3 so I can try to PR at tomorrow's 5k. I ran a 25:05 at this race last year despite hills and sharp turns and that stayed as my PR for most of 2012 until I ran my 24:27 (I think it was in October). I don't know what my chances are of PR'ing again on a tough course but I'm going to give it a damn good shot. There's over 300 people signed up already so I'm going to hope I get a woman riding my ass to push me hard. That's what happened in my current PR race. Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

A woman riding my ass.   Hmmmmmm sounds familiar.

I am certainly sick.  Sinus something, coughing etc.  I will see if 15 miles in low temps will help get it our of me.  Heck, at least I will be able to breath for a couple of hours.  Took the day off yesterday, as I should have.  I am hoping to feel well enough later to run.  Whatever I have is neck up so it sould not be a problem to run.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I just woke up and much needed after the attack.  It leaves you like drunk for hours.  Too bad it did not include alcohol.

A run of indeterminate length and weights tonight.

Hope everybody is running well.

indiana, feel better!

Good luck, Banshee!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Hoping you feel better too Docket.  I am cancelling my run today,  Fever at 101.5.  No sense in pushing that and hurting myself.  Crap, I hate to miss a run.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Morning guys.  10 miles planned for this afternoon.

Dreamn - I find screw shoes work much better than Yaktrax.  Yaktrax don't seem as grippy on ice.

Banshee - I think I push harder in races where I'm trying to keep up with someone too.  Good luck!

Indiana - feel better!

Hansons Runners.... regarding the discussion about choosing your MP.  I read in the book last night that as long as you can narrow in on it before the Strength workouts start, you'll be fine.  That's the last 8 weeks of the program. So that makes me feel better about adjusting it as I go.

White Lightning

Docket/Indi - Hope you guys feel better

Banshee - Good luck tomorrow.  Got me thinking of maybe running a 5k tomorrow if I can find one close.  Weather is supposed to be niceish here

Onemile - I've read the book twice now and didn't get that part.  Good to know, I have a HM scheduled week 11, same week my strength workouts start

Me - planning 10 miles on the TM this afternoon

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

I'm starting the book today.  In fact, I'm opening the Hanson thread right now. S hould it be stickied?  I'll sticky it for now.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Decided to take an URD and start the new year fresh.

Hope all who are ill get well.

Great running everybody.

Oh yeah, question: in races, I often see the sign, "Chuck Norris has never run a marathon," and I just don't get it. Has anyone else seen this sign and can explain the joke? I looked through my Hansons book, and it doesn't say anything about this...

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

No go on my TM run today :-(  Got 2 miles at 10:00 mm and knee was hurting with what I guess is slight runner's knee?  It was a bit sore last night and I didn't ice it which I usually do so guess I paid for it today.  Could have kept going but didn't want to risk it, or used it as an excuse to quite the run, who knows..... complicated this running thing is.  Still finished with 30 miles this week so not all that bad.

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

Josh - do you normally run on the TM?  I find my knees start to hurt on the TM too.  I think it messes with my gait, so I try to avoid it at all costs.

No more marathons

Hey all,

Decided to take an URD and start the new year fresh.

Hope all who are ill get well.

Great running everybody.

Oh yeah, question: in races, I often see the sign, "Chuck Norris has never run a marathon," and I just don't get it. Has anyone else seen this sign and can explain the joke? I looked through my Hansons book, and it doesn't say anything about this...

Means you're tougher than Chuck Norris because he has never run a marathon, and supposedly Chuck Norris is the toughest of the tough.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Dreamn

Feel better Indy and Docket!

Cbus, thanks for asking that question.  I've never gotten that joke and was always too embarrassed to ask.

Thanks, onemile!  Will look into screw shoes.

5 windy as heck miles today @9:50.  I planned to run with a group this morning, but there was way too much black ice out.  I waited until the afternoon and it was ridiculously windy.