Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Ball of Fury

Wow!!

Check the graph at the bottom of my training log.  That result is me eating 2800-4000 calories a day but 400-450 grams of carbs everyday

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

DetroitTigerFan

Those women  do sound annoying, Sprinkles. Probably more focused on drawing attention to themselves more than on running, you will be doing everyone a favour by beating them! There is a male equivalent, by the way, young guys with reflecting sunglasses, baseball caps on backwards, and weird tattoos. They talk loudly and run slowly, love beating those guys!

Simon - that's hilarious - the good ole backwards baseball cap dudes with Ray Bans ! i've seen those guys in races - lol !

Sprinkles - i hear you on those runners. That's annoying.

Do any of you talk loud while you run with someone ?  i was training last year on a 8 mile paved loop of a lake. A few women were running ahead of me talking really really loud to each other and I knew i would slowly catch and pass them.  However, this meant i'd have to listen to them until i had enough energy to pass.    They were running next to each other taking up the entire path oblivious to the traffic in both directions. The funny thing is that i could hear them in the distance (maybe 1/8 mile away?)  I really wanted to join in the conversation in a surprise and how they liked it while i keep pace with them -lol. However, i just said excuse me to pass and they eventually heard me and let me go by as i listened to them yap behind me as i slowly kept going - lol !!

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

DetroitTigerFan

Tigerfan, I used to enjoy watching Detroit back in the Lou Whittaker-Alan Trammell- Kirk Gibson era, that was a great team.

Since I live just outside Toronto I follow the Jays, actually was at the first game where it snowed, but my enthusiasm was permanently cooled by the strike several years ago.

Simon - 84 Tigers were the best.  I wish Tram and Whittaker could go in the hall of fame together but it's not likely.  It would be nice if the Tigers could win just one world series soon - we're all really embarassed as fans by being swept last year and almost swept in 2006.   In fairness, the winners earned it, but we didnt even put up a fight.  As for the strike i was the same way for many years.  I hope the Jays do well for you guys - you're in a way tougher division that the Tigers. I think Baltimore is hungry this year !

Josh - lol at the dogs ! It's always a big question when they show up suddenly on a route - what to do,etc.

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.  Bit of a drive by today.

I doubled today. 3.8 a bit faster than easy @ 7:49 at lunch.  8.0 easy @ 8:43 this evening.

Great running, everyone.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Second tough run in a row.  My asthma and allergies are up in arms.  I did my 10 and the pace was OK, but I never felt good doing it. So, tomorrow I might just do away with my recovery run depending on how I feel.  Or will start the run but if I don't feel good from the get go, scrap it.  We'll see.

4000 calories a day?  I want!

Damaris

White Lightning

4000 calories a day?  I want!

Yeah and i'm still absolutely starving half of the day, I've really shocked the system over the last two weeks.  Tonight, homemade pepperjack & sweet potato perogies for dinner, mmmmmm......

Play the Game Hard!

White Lightning

Josh - lol at the dogs ! It's always a big question when they show up suddenly on a route - what to do,etc.

Not gonna lie, I was planning to not stop the second time around if he was still out with them off the leash and they wanted to go with me.  All he had to do was say he was sorry as I get it, huge dog lover.  I'm not too horrible though, I checked to see and they were tattoo'd and the vet knew them so I knew they would make it back home.  Just hope he learned his lesson.

Play the Game Hard!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Just a short 2m shakeout with some strides for me. it was too windy this am to do anything else. I was planning to do 1m at goal pace but decided to do strides instead. Ready to go for my HM tomorrow.

Did you guys see the guranteed entry guidelines ING posted for NYCM?

DTF - LETS GO METS!!!Smile LOL

Flinders - nice double!

D - way to tough it out

josh - 400 calories seems like a lot. I think i am around 3000-3500. A little more when i carboload.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Morning all!

Another rest day for me. I just said, what the heck, I'll take the entire week off. My plan is to do some easy running next week.

Josh, well played re dogs. But I doubt it'll teach the owner a lesson.

Jedi, smash that race!

Ami, it's gonna be Sunday today in Columbus. Hope it's the same in SW Ohio. Enjoy it!

Nice running all!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Onemile, better pacing on your Tempo. Well done.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

CBus:  Hopefully it will stay that way all weekend!

Jedi:  Nice shakeout....hopefully the wind dies down for you tomorrow!  Good luck!

Well, I was also planning to do an easy 3-4 mile shakeout this morning, but I overslept...whoops!  So, I guess it's an URD because after work, we have to drive to Indianapolis, which is where the race is.  Not a huge deal but kinda bummed.  I am now obsessing over what to wear tomorrow...lol!  It is supposed to be around 32-34 at race time, partly sunny, 5-6 mph wind so not bad.  I am trying to choose between tights and capris...I hate being cold but I know I will get hot in tights...ugh...the decisions we face Joking.  Have a great day and a great weekend Donuts!

Rusk Runner

Jedi - Cant wait for your race repot.  You are gonna do something big tomorrow.

Amik - Same for you!  Just wear shorts and a tee, maybe a set of arm warmers. Wear some throw away clothes and chuck them right before the start.

I have a short 4 on the schedule today but since I am not going to tune up race tomorrow, I havent decided on what to run.  think I will indulge in oatmeal and coffee for right now.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Indy:  You must have mistaken me for someone who is not a cold wimp...it's got to be 50s for me to bust out the shorts!

onemile

Got my 15 w/ 9 at MP done last night. I've decided that 14 is all I care to do on a weeknight. 15 just crosses the line of too much time!  Just over 6 weeks til M day so I'll have to suck it up for a bit longer.

onemile

Stalker!! Stalker!!  Surprised

Onemile, better pacing on your Tempo. Well done.

Thank you! Big grin