Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Ball of Fury

That's why we use it as a vacation....come out of the vacation budget!  And thanks so much for all the well wishes guys!

Morning! never got around to posting yesterday as I had an all-day off-site meeting to go to. Just a easy 5+ miles this morning as I overslept some. Goal was 6m so 5+ good enough. Tempo run tomorrow for 40min. Ben awhile since i did a traditional tempo like Daniels suggesting. My VDOT is 47 so my T pace is 7:10 and anything over 20min Daniels has chart for specific pace you should run. 40min is +15sec T pace so right around my goal HMP of 7:25 for my HM in March.

Good Luck to Damaris & Ami at Disney. iId love to do Disney one year but that be my racing budget for the year.Smile

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.  I am all packed and ready to go.  DH, not so much, haha.

The recipe thread was open last night, FYI.  You already have three recipes to try!  Now go! Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

true, but my wife does not like to combine my racing with a vacation as it stresses her out.Smile

That's why we use it as a vacation....come out of the vacation budget!  And thanks so much for all the well wishes guys!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

White Lightning

Thanks everyone.

Docket and Amik - good luck this weekend, stay hydrated

Cbus - about the HR, If it was about miles, I get it, just run.  Yesterday I wanted an easy run so my HR kept me in check, especially when I was plugging away at 14:00mm for a minute when I hit the part that the snow plow pushed the snow up onto the sidewalk.  But don't worry, my normal runs have been pace specific with my HR confirming to make sure i'm in my range.

Will get some TM miles in this morning sometime, 0 F right now which is about my limit.  Ankle is still screaming at me from yesterday's run

Play the Game Hard!

Canuck

Morning all.

Good luck to our racers this weekend!

Managed to get up early and run my 6 miles before my chiro appointment this morning.  He did more work on the left leg and a bit on the right - he does more on the left as it is much worse than the right and he'd like to get them more even.  He also adjusted my SI joint.  Sitting at my desk with my ice pack right now.

As for running after Graston, depends on what you get done I think.  The reason I couldn't run the same day last week is because he worked on my PF, so it was a bit sore at the end of the day and I didn't want to subject it to more stress by pounding on it with a run.  I was fine to run Saturday and Sunday though, legs felt good.

Cbus - suck it up and run in the rain!

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

^ThisSmile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

And sully my new, bright saffron yellow, Elixirs? Never! Joking

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

All this talk about vegetarianism is giving me a craving for my favorite vegetarian cuisine: Indian. Any fans of Indian food out there? My favorite is chick pea curry.

cmb4314

^ThisSmile

Rain does suck an awful lot when it's cold.

As long as it's above freezing and not too windy, it's tolerable for shorter runs.  I did a 10 mile run in ~45 degrees and rain back in November, and was pretty darn cold by the end of it once I was soaked through.  Rain in the winter will usually drive me inside to the treadmill.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Smashy!!!

Rain does suck an awful lot when it's cold.

As long as it's above freezing and not too windy, it's tolerable for shorter runs.  I did a 10 mile run in ~45 degrees and rain back in November, and was pretty darn cold by the end of it once I was soaked through.  Rain in the winter will usually drive me inside to the treadmill.

It's actually warm outside. My biggest struggle with rain is the chafing. Zeus endowed me with thunderous thighs. Mix that with a little humidity and rain, and you get chafing of Biblical proportions.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Better wear your ASICs then.Smile That's why i have not retired my last pair of ASICS just for that purpose.Smile

And sully my new, bright saffron yellow, Elixirs? Never! Joking

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Better wear your ASICs then.Smile That's why i have not retired my last pair of ASICS just for that purpose.Smile

Hmm...I do have a pair of Nimbus 14s around... but what's worse: missing a run or running in Asics? Confused

Trail Monster

Banshee, I assume you're not planning on doing the 20 miler fully at MP, right?  I would do no more than 14 of those miles @ MP.

I'll figure out an exact plan closer to that day. Right now I'm just focusing on putting in the miles and hitting the right efforts. I haven't even discussed the 20 miler idea with my coach yet so she may veto it. I'm pretty sure I'll see huge improvements by marathon day but I'm just not sure how huge.

Too much going on for a lot of personals today. I'm scheduled for 7 and I plan to take it outside to blow off steam. I found out I ran out of financial aid this semester leaving me 12 classes shy of graduating. I applied for a private student loan to cover it all and was declined despite my DH's perfect credit and mine being average. So now I am $60,000 in debt and don't have a degree. God bless America. Angry

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Running!

Hmm...I do have a pair of Nimbus 14s around... but what's worse: missing a run or running in Asics? Confused

Up Next:

???

Canuck

You guys are a bunch of rain wimps!  Don't move to the PNW then.  A couple of weeks ago I ran my long run of 15 miles in "feels like" 32 degrees and steady rain with some wind as well.  A good number of my winter runs are in temps in upper 30s, low 40s and rain.  Good thing about rain though, if you dress right, it doesn't stop you from running outside and doesn't hamper your performance at all.  Plus, rain is a good excuse to rotate lots of different pairs of shoes.

Banshee - ugh, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)