Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I took an SRD yesterday because it took forever to bring the baby girl home.  She has not gotten up from her bed since she got here. Hoping to get her to eat today.  9 miles later.

Remember today is MCM registration day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy your rest days, onemile and mdawg.

Oh, and happy birthday, RVD!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Enjoy your rest days, onemile and mdawg.

Oh, and happy birthday, RVD!

Shhhhh!  (Don't tell anybody....)

A no-brainer day for me -- either run before work in the dark at 29F and with a 20 mph wind, or run after work in bright sunshine at 54F with a light breeze.  I'll be running later.   :-)

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles:  Yay for a pain free run...no matter how slow!!  I think you are making the right decision!

Roll:  Nice run with the kiddos!  DS9 has done 2 5Ks with me and I keep trying to get him to come on a training run, but no go...maybe when it warms-up.  He is very much an "indoor" boy!

Onemile:  Awesome that your workout felt good last night!  Enjoy the SRD...I know I am!

MDawg:  Enjoy your SRD as well!  Aruba sounds awesome!

Docket:  Glad that your kittie is home!

RV:  Happy Birthday!  Enjoy the run in the sunshine.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Mdawg - wow, I am jealous of your Aruba trip! Very cool.  I'd like to go there!  I can't complain too much though because I'm going to Uganda in 2 months!

Damaris - hope your baby eats today. Glad to hear she's home at least.

Amik - I never looked forward to my rest day like I do with Hansons!

RVdowning - Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one!

I sorta feel like I shouldn't have been able to run my workout last night after my race Sunday. I don't know.  At the same time I don't feel like I could have run the race any harder.

Docket_Rocket

onemile, I think you just recovered faster than you used to, no biggie.  Also, the race had some weather issues (wind) so I think in theory, you could've run faster if the conditions were different, but you ran as best as you could under the circumstances.  Either one of those are good.  Stop worrying!

Hi, AmiK, RVD.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mdawg - wow, I am jealous of your Aruba trip! Very cool.  I'd like to go there!  I can't complain too much though because I'm going to Uganda in 2 months!

whoooa, wait. Please explain if possible.

MDawg - i have never heard anything excpet good things about Aruba.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

whoooa, wait. Please explain if possible.

A friend of mine has a charity in Uganda so I'm going with her for a visit!  We're going to visit the schools and also go on a few game drives and gorilla trekking.  I'm pretty excited!  Probably won't be doing any running there but it'll be ok to have a little break after my marathon.

Damaris - I know, I know. that's just how I am!

A friend of mine has a charity in Uganda so I'm going with her for a visit!  We're going to visit the schools and also go on a few game drives and gorilla trekking.  I'm pretty excited!  

good works is good soul

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

I hope you and Robin have so much fun!

And STOP WORRYING!

A friend of mine has a charity in Uganda so I'm going with her for a visit!  We're going to visit the schools and also go on a few game drives and gorilla trekking.  I'm pretty excited!  Probably won't be doing any running there but it'll be ok to have a little break after my marathon.

Damaris - I know, I know. that's just how I am!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Still sick.

Great running everyone!!!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

mdawg - Aruba is a great.  Been about 5 times and its such a good place to go to just shut things off in the head and one of my favorite beaches.

onemile - Uganda sounds pretty darn cool

sprinkles - glad it was pain free

RVD - happy b-day

Me - PT at lunch and will see how things feel after and try to get an easy 8 in

Play the Game Hard!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg & Onemile- Yeah, I've learned to just back off at this point! Also true about lower mileage, I did novice 2 in the fall and ran sub-4.  I think just more miles at this point is enough to get me a PR.

Docket- nice to see that Trixie is back home- hope she is doing better.  I had a pup named Trixie once, she was a sweetheart.  I still miss her since she passed

Onemile- I didn't realize you're a Jennifer too.  So am I.  I am a child of the 80s for sure.

Me- Nice pain-free 8 miler this morning.  Using that key word again there.  I took it pretty slowly...definitely came in about 4 minutes slower than my usual 8 mile run, but I wasn't so worried about pace as I was just getting the miles in and not hurting.  Good stuff.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

Josh:  I'm ready to go right now after seeing that photo.  Like the new avatar!  You don't look as cold as we know you were.

Docket:  Heard about the Dopey Challenge for the 2014 WDW marathon?  That sounds like something you'd enjoy!

onemile:  Okay...that is a beyond cool trip.  Photos are a must when you return.

cbus:  Feel better!  Have you been to the doctor?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

Josh - gorgeous pic! Good luck at PT!

Cbus - feel better!

Damaris - thanks. So are you registering for MCM?

Sprinkles - yes it was the #1 name for my birth year. My mom was very creative! Wink

mdawg - pics, of course! same for when you go to Aruba!