Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Yes, 5k-15k plan, but strayed away last 10-days to get some HMP focus in and taper properly. Picking it upagain next week but might tweak tempos  to have more of a HM focus as next HM was always the goal race.

I think Jedi is using it right now, isn't he?

cbus - no need to stalk. just ask and i will send you them. I know you want to do the Hanson 5k one.Smile lol

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Yes, 5k-15k plan, but strayed away last 10-days to get some HMP focus in and taper properly. Picking it upagain next week but might tweak tempos  to have more of a HM focus as next HM was always the goal race.

cbus - no need to stalk. just ask and i will send you them. I know you want to do the Hanson 5k one.Smile lol

have you used it for FM? If so, what is the mileage like?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

Morning everyone

Roll - No issues with the stomach except that I feel hungry all of the time, especially when I wake up in the morning.

onemile - nice job on your MP miles last night

simon - my river opened up last week and froze again this week, its teasing me

Jedi - Good luck tomorrow.  4000 will be on a day when I do a 20 miler and that still gives me a 500 calorie deficit.  I'm tempted to average my calories out so everyday is even and see how that affects things but will mess with that if I hit another plateau

Amik - Good luck.  I'd be in shorts racing anything 30F and up

SRD for me but legs feel surprisingly fresh so hopefully i'll be good to go for my 7 tomorrow and 18 on Sunday.

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

Onemile - When I look at your training log I think you should be pacing me in November at Indianapolis.  What say ye?  You think we are both up to a 3:24 in November?  I do!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

The thing with Daniels it's not based on mileage. He gives you the quality workouts and create plan based on what mpw you want. Think marathon plans are only 2 quality days. He follows same principles as Hanson in regards to LR which is where they got it from I imagine.

have you used it for FM? If so, what is the mileage like?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

Oh my, you are too nice!  How about you pace me to a 3:35 at Lakefront in Oct instead?  (that would be a BQ time for me)

Onemile - When I look at your training log I think you should be pacing me in November at Indianapolis.  What say ye?  You think we are both up to a 3:24 in November?  I do!

cmb4314

cmb - where are you and how are you feeling?

I'm alive, mostly lurking Smile  Ankle is healing pretty well - swelling is low, and it's a lot less sensitive/sore than it was for a while.  I'm waiting for the stitches to fall out and the scabs to fall off of my surgery scars, and then I can finally wash my foot which will be amazing because it is really, really gross.

Itching to run.  It's 35 degrees and sunny here today, and it's been warm enough that all the paths look really clean, so I'm really wishing I could get out there.  At least by the time I can actually run again, icy paths should be behind us.

Ami - Good luck on the race!  For myself, I'd probably wear capris because I don't find that they hold in too much heat, but I like that they protect my thighs from the cold air.  I hate when my skin gets really cold.  Other than that, for a 10k in the 30s, I'd probably be in light long sleeves, and possibly my light gloves.  I tend to be freezing cold all the time, though, especially my hands (I have Raynaud's).  I'm constantly sitting under blankets and wrapped up in sweatshirts.  My husband would be out there in shorts and a t shirt.

Jedi - Good luck on your race too!

Mdawg - Glad you're clear to run normally!

Docket - Sorry that your asthma is flaring up.  Hope your breathing clears up for you.

Cbus - Hope you're enjoying your rest, and that it helps you feel better.

Roll - Enjoy those beers tonight Smile

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Ball of Fury

I will watch you guys from behind!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rusk Runner

No way Amik, You will be up there with us.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Apparently, yes! Joking

No.

Geez...I'm not the only one who stalks logs, am I?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

That's why I love Daniels.

The thing with Daniels it's not based on mileage. He gives you the quality workouts and create plan based on what mpw you want. Think marathon plans are only 2 quality days. He follows same principles as Hanson in regards to LR which is where they got it from I imagine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

6 miles GA/Easy, 8:41 pace.  Beautiful day.  A little breezy but shorts and a light long sleeve was perfect, really a nice day for a run.

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

Hell no!!  You might make me wear shorts!  It was sleeting this year ya know!

No way Amik, You will be up there with us.

Smashy!!!

Why don't ya'll come to Columbus in Oct. I don't know who will pace whom, but we can all drink beers afterwards.

Hell no!!  You might make me wear shorts!  It was sleeting this year ya know!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

When DH and I were choosing a fall race, it was between Columbus and Monumental...it was a tough choice.  Ended up choosing Monumental simply because we have free childcare in Indy and we hoped it would be cooler weather!  But I am always up for beer!

Why don't ya'll come to Columbus in Oct. I don't know who will pace whom, but we can all drink beers afterwards.