Sub-4 Marathon Group

Music Thread - All things music ! (Read 39 times)

DetroitTigerFan

For those running with music

Post your 10K music playlists

Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

DetroitTigerFan

10K V7 Playlist

• Danger Zone - Top Gun Soundtrack
      • I love it when a plan comes together - A team instrumental
      • Higher Love - Steve Winwood (cruise song)
      • War machine - ACDC
      • Rainbow in the dark - Dio
      • DT - ACDC
      • Rockin in the free world - Neil Young
      • Panama - Van Halen
      • Hall of Fame - The Script
      • Shoot to Thrill - ACDC
      • Dog Eat Dog - ACDC
      • Drift and Die - Puddle of Mudd

Seriously, try the classical piano station on pandora or iHeart. Give it three runs and if you aren't hooked ill buy you a beer

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

akalei

Late to the party, but I was MIA for a few weeks, too!  So if I don't get teased for this one, I never will.... here's my playlist from this morning, actually:

Creepin' - Eric Church

Gone, Gone, Gone - Phillip Phillips

Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphys (necessary for the next 4 months!)

Knock Knock - Mac Millre

Lose Yourself - Eminem

Mandolin Moon - Sister Hazel

I want Crazy - Hunter Hayes

Girls Run the World - Beyonce (hands down, best running song EVER)

Jump Right In - Zac Brown Band

Eyes Open - Taylor Swift (makes me feel like Katniss!)

Barefoot Blue Jean Night - Jake Owen

Single Ladies - Beyonce

Tessie - Dropkick Murphys

Yep.  All over the place.  I don't always run with music anymore... I like knowing I don't need it like I used to and I like tuning in with my surroundings sometimes.  But it's nice to have at other times, too.

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

bagopux

I rarely listen to local radio on my iPod when running, but I flipped it on this Saturday morning and they were re-playing Casey Kasem's American Top 40 from June 1982, documenting one of the worst periods in American pop music.  The top 10 included Willie Nelson, Deneice Williams and Rick Springfield.  When I hit the hill section of my run, I was treated to the number 1 song:  Ebony & Ivory by Stevie and Sir Paul.  Wow did that ever not do anything for me!  Nevertheless, it was thoroughly entertaining.  I wouldn't listen to it every week, especially if it was the early 80s replay, but it was a nice change of pace.

I also bought a used audio book this week, so we'll see how that goes.

I rarely listen to local radio on my iPod when running, but I flipped it on this Saturday morning and they were re-playing Casey Kasem's American Top 40 from June 1982, documenting one of the worst periods in American pop music.  The top 10 included Willie Nelson, Deneice Williams and Rick Springfield.  When I hit the hill section of my run, I was treated to the number 1 song:  Ebony & Ivory by Stevie and Sir Paul.  Wow did that ever not do anything for me!  Nevertheless, it was thoroughly entertaining.  I wouldn't listen to it every week, especially if it was the early 80s replay, but it was a nice change of pace.

I also bought a used audio book this week, so we'll see how that goes.

that's hilarious or should I say HILLarious.

DetroitTigerFan

Bago - that is funny - I listen to the 80s on XM a lot and I cringe when I hear Ebony & Ivory.  Here's my question - why did 1980-1982 stink so bad for music and then 1984 music just was pure awesomeness (including the tigers last world series win)

What I think is equally funny is to play the Ipod on shuffle on your main library when you run (as opposed to playlist) - sometimes I can't stop laughing - my ipod has songs, sound effects, funny clips, some outdated music, so shuffle makes it interesting, especially when you get a strange coincidence to a song that makes sense when running - like running at near and hearing Bruce "dancing in the dark" or something,etc

Rusk Runner

Anybody going nuts about the new Black Sabbath other than me?  Got it for fathers day and I love it.  I have been waiting for a reunion album ever since I got to see them all play together again in '99,  I have been a fan since my teens.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Anyone else have "Release Me" by Wilson Phillips on their playlist?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Anyone else have "Release Me" by Wilson Phillips on their playlist?

Whooooaa. No, but I wont judge. ; )

DetroitTigerFan

Whooooaa. No, but I wont judge. ; )

Which maybe leads into another fun question Smile

- What is the biggest song you're embarrassed to have in your entire MP3 library (not playlist) ?  Don't worry - no mancards or womancards will be revoked ! have fun with this

I'll start off to break the ice - I have a few certain selections from Cher in there !! lol !!! (when i'm not listening to hard rock - lol !!)

Smashy!!!

Which maybe leads into another fun question Smile

- What is the biggest song you're embarrassed to have in your entire MP3 library (not playlist) ?  Don't worry - no mancards or womancards will be revoked ! have fun with this

I'll start off to break the ice - I have a few certain selections from Cher in there !! lol !!! (when i'm not listening to hard rock - lol !!)

"Do you believe in love after love (echo)? I really believe I'm strong enough, whoa!"

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

bagopux

Oh I've got Cher, the Bangles, Bananarama, ABBA, Captain & Tenille, Neil Diamond, Brittany Spears ... those are all on loooooow rotation.  Got the Bee Gees too.  I think they are currently on medium rotation.  Heard the Spinners' Rubberband Man the other day.  Got to get that one.