Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

bagopux

May is so last month.  Time to move on people.  June brings us summer, and Donuts ramping up training for the fall races.  Roll Donuts.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning, all.

I ran yesterday afternoon.  First time since my race.  3.8 @ 10-ish.  It was hot, so not fun at all.  My legs started to feel beat up after about 2, and had I not been on an out and back I would have stopped then.  I might try again today.  Or not.  I'm not feeling it right now, but may have some motivation later today. Or there is always tomorrow.

May mileage total was 100.0  First time I think I've ever hit a round number on the nail.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 and weights later.

Bago, thanks for opening the June thread.  Let me lock the May one.

Flinders, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

To continue the GPS conversation from the May thread:  I only correct races to the race distance in my RA log, so that all of my races are comparable. I use Garmin Connect, too, and leave things uncorrected there so that I have all of the raw data.

DetroitTigerFan

docket -hope you are ok !  yikes ! did you get sideswiped or did the guy actually hit you ?

nick - how did you do in you run ?

me - just did 6 recovery / easy after the 10K yesterday

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

I fix the race distances too but I add the actual distance run for purposes of the weekly mileage.  I am too OCD to leave 0.30 out of my stats when I ran a 26.58 marathon, ha!

To continue the GPS conversation from the May thread:  I only correct races to the race distance in my RA log, so that all of my races are comparable. I use Garmin Connect, too, and leave things uncorrected there so that I have all of the raw data.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

It was more like a graze, no actual bump, but still it hurt!

docket -hope you are ok !  yikes ! did you get sideswiped or did the guy actually hit you ?

nick - how did you do in you run ?

me - just did 6 recovery / easy after the 10K yesterday

Damaris

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  10 easy at 9:41 pace.  More humid today.  Hope it stays down just a little longer for my HM next weekend.  One more week...that's all I need!

Bago:  Thanks for starting the new monthly thread.

Flinders:  No need to rush it.  Get those legs fully recovered!

Docket:  Hope you are feeling better.  That idiot will get what he deserves.

DTF:  I totally missed your 10K race.  I'll go back and check the May thread.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Flinders:  No need to rush it.  Get those legs fully recovered!

It was just a test to see where I was, because things had been feeling fine while I was walking around.  I was also starting to feel like a bum doing nothing. Smile

DetroitTigerFan

Re: June - Like bagopux said - June is kick off for many fall marathon training seasons

Looking forward to the challenge of those 16 milers again !

Smile

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Flinders - I hit 100 on the head too. Recovery is tough- my legs still feel a bit heavy Docket- glad to hear you are ok after the graze. DTF and Mdawg - nice runs! Me: 10.5 yesterday, 10k today - blazing heat got to me both times. I found out that on the package insert to my migraine medication, it states that in the heat I could be at risk for heatstroke (impacts body's ability to cool). I really think this is what is happening because I never had major issues like this - not this bad. I used to do Bikram but can't imagine it right now because I can't keep cool or sweat/dissipate heat. My doctor is of course denying this and just says I am out of shape. Huff.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Hey all

Got in a 11.5 LR for 44 for the week. Next week will be a step back week.

hope everyone had a great May and an even better June.

Pux, thanks for starting the new thread!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Forgot about the new month, thought something was wrong when there weren't any new updates and I couldn't find a 'Reply' button.

DTF - My race (half of the Ann Arbor Marathon) is next Sunday. Nice 10k, which on was it? Also, I was wondering the same thing about races since I have looked at other people's logs and saw their PR page was nice and clean. Mine shows every race as a PR since none of them are exactly the same GPS distance.

Cbus, nice week, completely over being sick?

Speaking of being sick, looks like this will be an extreme HM taper week because I feel like crap today. I ran 6 miles yesterday pushing both kids in the jogging stroller for the first time since last year, 2 kids seemed MUCH harder than 1. But then the rest of the day I realized I was getting sick with a soar throat/headache/fever. Not running today, hopefully being sick won't drain me too much before next Sunday.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

DetroitTigerFan

DTF - My race (half of the Ann Arbor Marathon) is next Sunday. Nice 10k, which on was it? Also, I was wondering the same thing about races since I have looked at other people's logs and saw their PR page was nice and clean. Mine shows every race as a PR since none of them are exactly the same GPS distance.

Nick - hope you feel better soon - i'm sure you'll do great next weekend at your race.  I have the Northville 10 miler next weekend - nothing like the first mile on the horse track - lol.  The 10K was Royal Oak this weekend. Re: logging races - I've been adjusting them down since I agree - all the races show up as PR's and it bugs me- lol. The only thing is that the avg pace doesn't seem to calculate cleanly when I adjust the distance down

All - forgot to mention -  interesting thing at my 10K this weekend. I'm not sure if it was a simple surprise or Boston sensitivity, but when the starting gun was shot, almost everyone in the crowd flinched and you could hear gasps - maybe it was just me but I've never seen that reaction in races - it was interesting

Ball of Fury

Happy June Donuts!!  We are back from Chicago and I am exhausted, fat, and hungover!  We had a great trip (no Sprinkles cupcakes but we did try Crumb and those were great!), but seriously, I think I gained about 7-8 lbs!  Ouch!  I tried not to hate all the runners out in Chicago in the beautiful weather (including DH), but it was difficult.  My MRI results are finally online and basically, there is not a damn thing wrong with me...unless you include the ovarian cysts the radiologist felt the need to comment on Embarrassed.  So, I guess it truly is just a refractory case of ITBS/bursitis.  I did manage to run 3.06 miles today with only mild discomfort in the last mile....although I could totally feel the progression of tightness after the first mile...it really just pisses me off!  My plan is to run 2-4 miles every other day for a couple weeks, do upper body weights the other days, and just see what happens.  I am almost certainly not going to be able to run the full at the IMM, but hopefully, I can do the half.  Oh and the question about how long you had been running:  We are super backwards because we ran our first "race" before we ever started running...it was the Warrior Dash in August 2011.  After that, we registered for a HM in January 2012 and the training program for that was the first time we ever really ran, so I guess a bit less than 2 years.

Flinders:  Congrats again on your awesome race!!  I can only dream of that time right now and I was super impressed with your splits...I read them aloud to my DH!  Your May mileage was also cool...mine was um....6.1 I think.  Angry

Docket:  Omg with the car clipping...glad you are ok but sorry you had to miss your 5K!

Bago:  For us, fall marathon training starts July 1!

MDawg:  Great run today!  I hope the weather holds out for next weekend!

Sprinkles:  Great job today....tell your doctor he is an asshole!  You are certainly not out of shape!!

DTF:  I never thought I would look forward to 16-milers but seriously, I would give ANYTHING to be able to run that far right now!!  Interesting about the gun start...I am not sure I have actually run a race with a gun start.  A cannon once though...that was LOUD!!

CBus:  Great mileage!!!  That stinks about the Pig, though.  I will keep my eye out for hotel deals!!  And don't think I missed you asking Jedi about the 5k program last week....does that mean you are going to run a 5K???

Nick:  I hope you feel better soon!!

Roll:  What's up twinny?  I really hope I can start running more soon or you are going to take off and leave me!!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15