Sub-4 Marathon Group

July 2013 (Read 44 times)

mdawg87

I'm just getting over mine.  It kicked my butt pretty well for a couple of days.  I missed my long run Sunday and an easy run yesterday.  Did a slow 6 today and will try to do the HMP intervals tomorrow that had been scheduled for today.

Yesterday, I went straight home from work, ate something, did a little prep work for today, and went to bed...at 8:00 pm.  The sun was still up!  I do feel better today.  I was hoping I would as I had that strength run to do this morning at 5 am!.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

I got in my 10 miles today with 5 @15k-HM pace, which for me is 8:42-8:55.  My splits: 8:54, 8:51, 8:55, 8:45, 8:38.

Pfitz says LT workouts are typically 20-40 min, and "slower" runners should aim for closer to 15k pace.  So a ~45 min tempo run at 15k pace. Fast runners have it easier!

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

mdawg87

SRD for me.  Rainy again today...boo...I'm hoping it will not further aggravate this stupid sinus thing I've got.  I think I've turned the corner on it and I don't want a relapse.

Paula:  I agree that faster runners do have some advantages when it comes to training paces.  I especially think they benefit on the LR as they can truly run it at a slower pace but still be clipping along.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

mdawg - I wish I went to bed at 8:00 yesterday. We had a volunteer thing at work yesterday where we went to Detroit and worked on some older woman's house that needed repairs. I was on a ladder all day putting up ceiling drywall and it really tired me out.  I guess my legs were all ready a little tired from the 10 miles + intervals of the morning. I was so drenched with sweat after I felt like I had just gone running. Drank about 2 gallons of water and never had to use the bathroom.

So of course I get home take a shower, and then after I sit on the couch, I am too tired to get up and go to bed and my lazy ass just sits and watches baseball instead of walking upstairs to go to bed.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  6 miles tonight.

mdawg, enjoy the rest day.

NIck, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Know what you mean Nick.  I stayed up to watch Lonesome Dove last night.  Draggin at work today.

7.27 @ 9:21 avg tonight.  Need to get to bed so I can cycle in the morning.  Planning on about 20 easy bike miles tomorrow in the dark.

Happy running all!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

22 Miles on the bike this morning.  Avg speed was 18.7mph.  Its getting easier.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Hey folks, it is not July any more!