Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

onemile

22:35 for my 5k.  First mile was alright and then I crashed.  Second half was into the wind and pretty rough. My legs felt decent but I was just gasping for air.  Ugh.  The splits tell the story.

1 Interval 1 mi      7:02.39
    2 Interval 1 mi      7:19.56
    3 Interval 1 mi      7:30.04
    4 Interval 0.11 mi  0:44.59

I think I over-estimated my fitness a little because I was secretly hoping to run 7's.  Oh well.  I did get 2nd in my AG though.

Roll:  I wasn't being disapproving of snapping photos whilst driving 60+mph, just commenting. Smile

i know bud. Just having fun with it. dugout original comment had my laughing pretty hard.

MDawg - I didnt see any of it but I am sure my cousins and Aunts and Uncles were there. I heard reports of 2 million people. Seems a bit high.

Ami - woooooohoooooooi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

onemile - RR?

CBus - nice LR

MA - good week

Indi - how are you feeling?

dRocket - how are your husband's legs feeling?

Simon and RVD - where are y'all?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

22:35 for my 5k.  First mile was alright and then I crashed.  Second half was into the wind and pretty rough. My legs felt decent but I was just gasping for air.  Ugh.  The splits tell the story.

I think I over-estimated my fitness a little because I was secretly hoping to run 7's.  Oh well.  I did get 2nd in my AG though.

Congrats on the placement!!  I pretty much seem to crash on all my 5ks!  I think racing a 5K is an art form that we haven't quite mastered!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

You snuck in while I was typing. Congrats in the the 2nd in AG. Smokin'!!!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Ami:  That's fantastic!

onemile: Congrats!!  I also haven't gotten 5K pacing down, but then again I only actually race one or two per year. I usually run them like you did:  go out hard and try to hold on.  And congrats on the AG place!

MA:  Hi!  Nice week!

Cbus:  My sample size with Hansons LRs is exactly one, the one I ran this morning.  I did think it was tough.  My legs were basically fine until the last mile or so (when I had to climb my hill), but I was feeling a bit winded at about mile 6.  But some of it probably can be chalked up to suffocating humidity, which meant that my effort level was probably 10-20 seconds per mile faster than I actually was running.  Right now, I feel like I do after a 16+ LR.

Roll:  I was feeling a bit punchy last week.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

onemile

Thanks guys.  I am usually ok at pacing so this was a new experience haha.

Oh and Cbus, I thought the Hansons LR pace felt like MP when I started the plan.  I always worried about how I was going to hit the pace and sometimes it was a little bit of an effort.  But I found about half way through the plan, suddenly it started feeling like easy pace.  So, hang in there. And yes, it sometimes will feel hard.

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Ami!

Hi Donuts!!  I am so happy right now I could cry....just ran 3.01 miles with no pain and it felt fantastic!!  Average 8:47/mile which is probably a bit fast but it just felt easy! I know I have to ease back into it, but at least it's a start!!  I'm sorry I don't have time for personals but the kiddos are calling!

Sprinkles:  I easily eat between 1800-2000 callmaintains and I agree, you need at least 1800!

Onemile:  Kick ass!

Everyone else:  Great running...will catch up later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Still, a strong effort.  Congrats on the AG!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Onemile, like DR said: still a great race. Where does this race stand in terms of 5ks? PR? Because, I think, even if it goes kablooey, it can still give you a read on your fitness. As far as, LR pace, you hit it on the head: it feels like MP! Today was much better than last week. But I still think its the toughest workout--so far, at least. Wink

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Amik - Great News!!  Ease into it and Happy Running!  Go ahead and cry if your happy!

Onemile - Congrats on the time and the AG!  Was that a PR?  I am so envious that you got to run a good 5K.  I will miss my race next week.

Nice running all of you.

Went ahead and did a 70 mile bike ride today and had a good time.  Tackling the hills on the 10 mile home stretch was a bit  of a bear, but all in all it was a nice ride.  I will have to evaluate whether or not I will be able to wake up and try a few miles on the dreadmill in the morning. My legs are feeling pretty hammered at the moment.  But, I would really like to see if I can do a few miles without the injury flaring up.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

According to her log, it was a PR!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

onemile

It was an 11 second PR Joking  Not exactly what I was hoping for but... what can you do.  I'm sorta looking forward to starting my Hansons speedwork in a week.  My indoor track just got a remodel and I'm anxious to check it out.  Oh and I'm thinking I better stick to the 3:35 paces. For a second I thought maybe I could pull off the 3:30 but I don't think I'm there yet.

Cbus, Hopefully you'll find, as I did, that magically your legs get stronger somewhere about half way through and suddenly the LR pace is easy.

Indi - 70 miles on the bike? Damn.  Good luck on the test run. I'm crossing my fingers for ya.

Docket_Rocket

I got week 1 of my training and I'm happy!  Looking forward to receiving the rest tomorrow!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Docket - Is your coach teasing you!?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

One mile - you're a speed demon !!!!! nice race - that is fast ! Smile

Ami - glad you are feeling better during your run !

Sprinkles - wow - you are fast too !! nice LR

Indy - 70 miles on a bike ! If I rode that far, it wouldn't be my legs that hurt - lol ! i'm assuming you have special riding pants?

Hello and nice running to everyone ! hope your Sunday is going well

my QOTD - who will be the last to post in the June thread today ? Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/