Sub-4 Marathon Group

Gear and shoes (CBus' world) (Read 80 times)

For all running gear and shoe discussion........

This is for the donuts that actually see frosting (snow)

http://ow.ly/gTHCD

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for excluding me... Cry

Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Thanks for excluding me... Cry

Big grin

How did I do that? Did I commit a forum faux pas, very sorry if I did.

Docket_Rocket

"that actually see frosting (snow)"

Which will never be me.  But I was kidding!Wink

How did I do that? Did I commit a forum faux pas, very sorry if I did.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Oh, ha. Me either. Houston sees snow every 5-10 years and it melts when it hits. The next day is usually 80 degrees.

Docket_Rocket

TX sounds much better than Florida.  At least you HAVE some Winter.  Haha.

Oh, ha. Me either. Houston sees snow every 5-10 years and it melts when it hits. The next day is usually 80 degrees.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

We had a dusting of snow here in PA last nite. Just saying.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Funny how the first few posts have nothing to do with gear or shoes.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

cmb4314

Maybe it's because I'm a treadmill-happy wuss in really icy conditions, but I own Yaktrax and never feel like I need to use them.  I ran in a half inch or so of snow last night, with no special shoes, and really didn't have trouble with traction.  I don't find that they make icy patches any less of a skating rink anyway.

Now, those things that look like actual spikes?  Those might be pretty sweet for running on ice.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Garmin FR. I am having power issues, any ideas on how to fix? Sometimes doesnt hold the charge and sometimes it just does mid run.

Funny how the first few posts have nothing to do with gear or shoes.Smile

maybe we should have added "and donuts" to the heading Smile

maybe we should have added "and donuts" to the heading Smile

I just read Indi's recommendation on the Jan2013 thread. I will give that a swing.

Smashy!!!

Garmin FR. I am having power issues, any ideas on how to fix? Sometimes doesnt hold the charge and sometimes it just does mid run.

How old is your Garmin? The battery just might be dying. If that's the case, you can send it back to Garmin, and for $50 (i think), they send you a new/refurbished one.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

cmb4314

I had to replace my Garmin last summer.  It was in sad shape.

I had a ~3 year old 405 that just stopped communicating with its battery - it always thought it was at 100%, so I'd plug it in and it wouldn't charge because it thought it was full.  The only time it knew it was empty was when it was dead, so I had to run it down to zero before every long run, so that it would actually charge.

The poor thing had also had the plastic on the wristband on one side break (from fatigue, I guess) and I had to replace half of the wristband.  We already had a spare black band from when my husband dropped his hard and needed a new one of the pins that hold the bands on (he did this when the watch was like....two weeks old, LOL), so my poor green watch ended up with half a black wristband on it.  And the paint was starting to peel off of the back side of it.  And I think the little metal plaque that said "Garmin" that they stuck at the end of the wristband was rusting, and so the end of my watch band was starting to turn brick red.

Between the fact that it was getting pretty ugly, and the battery, I just ended up ordering a new 410.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

How old is your Garmin? The battery just might be dying. If that's the case, you can send it back to Garmin, and for $50 (i think), they send you a new/refurbished one.

this thing is approx 6 months old, maybe. Probably more like 3-4 months.