Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  All morning in court, just arriving home to work the rest of the day here.  Did 5 miles this morning with more later tonight.

It's not even on the chart because that's not humid Wink

So, I forgot what category a Dewpoint of 27degF on Docket's Dewpoint Scale fell into. With less than a week before May, I am just going to file it under depressing. This morning, after a nice 73deg run on Tuesday, I had the pleasure to wake up to cold. Now I am sure some others out there are experiencing the same thing (or worse), but can't it just be Spring yet? Yesterday it snowed pretty hard for half the day, luckily it melted pretty promptly.

Once I got going though it was ok, I finished my 8 tempo miles at a 7:31 pace, 11 miles total. After the rest day yesterday, the tempo run today felt like it took less out of me than the 11 mile 'easy' runs I had on Tuesday and Sunday. I think it tells me that I have to take my easy days much easier than I have been (Cbus is reading this thinking, "I could have told you that."), at least until my body gets used to the mileage ramp up.

Jedi - It is amazing thinking about running that fast, but I think you know you have it in you. Congrats on getting to your taper.

cmb - hopefully you get the thumbs up to ditch the boot today

Indi - good work with the 40 mile week so soon. It sounds like you are feeling pretty strong too

mdawg - nice weather, don't rub it in

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

AmiK, wishing for good news.

I am doing Chicago as well, but not sure if you guys want to FE there.  I cannot do it unless you guys come down here or I am traveling, and I am sure you don't want to race down here!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

I've got it...we can all do Dopey in 2015!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

Intriguing, but I've got to veto that one. It's got a 5k in it. Wink

I've got it...we can all do Dopey in 2015!!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Canuck

Rollcast - the report I read just said they were headed to NYC and planning to detonate bombs in Times Square.  Nothing re: the marathon which is in November.

AmiK - sorry your leg is still bothering you, hopefully the doctor will be able to tell you what's up.

As for a location for the Donuts race, given where most people here live, I suspect that no matter what it won't be close to me!

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Ball of Fury

Omg...hilarious!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

No one would be requiring you to race that one.  Smile

Though you still need to race one one of these days, if only so you know what you're foregoing.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Rollcast - the report I read just said they were headed to NYC and planning to detonate bombs in Times Square.  Nothing re: the marathon which is in November.

Makes a lot more sense. That's what happens when I get my news from AM sports radio

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Thanks Ami. Feeling strong. I hit 40.5 miles last week and hoping for at least that again this week.

donut run location - I will put this out there, Austin TX has a great marathon and is a very fun place to visit.

Smashy!!!

I've always wanted to visit Austin.

Thanks Ami. Feeling strong. I hit 40.5 miles last week and hoping for at least that again this week.

donut run location - I will put this out there, Austin TX has a great marathon and is a very fun place to visit.

I've always wanted to visit Austin.

It's the best city in Texas to visit. So much to see and do. The food is great and the night life, if or those of y'all thy can still tolerate that, is good. Lots of lakes and natural springs to visit. State Capitol is there as well as the University of Texas (hook 'em).

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mayor Bloomberg just said the Boston bombers were headed to the NYC marathon next with similar bombs. Planned on using the car they carjacked, reportedly. Scary but doesn't make sense, I thought ING is scheduled for November. Or is there another NYC marathon

ING is November- to my knowledge there wasn't a marathon in NYC last weekend, nor is there one this weekend.  There's a half in Brooklyn but its small and not high profile enough for anyone not part of the running community to even know about to my knowledge.

Oops - just saw that Ami updated us.  Times Square. Because we haven't all heard that one before. I hate living in a terrorist target sometimes - I commute through Grand Central every day and every day I dread it just  a tiny bit.

I'll visit Austin...or anywhere really.  Just don't make the race uphill both ways in the snow, because god knows that's pretty much what running in NYC entails.  If you find flat terrain, its so windy you can't breathe.  Anyone live in Utah? That is all downhill there.  They like their canyons.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

I've went to Utah once, when I was a child. And it was all downhill. Even when we were walking back up Zion and Bryce, it was still downhill.

ING is November- to my knowledge there wasn't a marathon in NYC last weekend, nor is there one this weekend.  There's a half in Brooklyn but its small and not high profile enough for anyone not part of the running community to even know about to my knowledge.

Oops - just saw that Ami updated us.  Times Square. Because we haven't all heard that one before. I hate living in a terrorist target sometimes - I commute through Grand Central every day and every day I dread it just  a tiny bit.

I'll visit Austin...or anywhere really.  Just don't make the race uphill both ways in the snow, because god knows that's pretty much what running in NYC entails.  If you find flat terrain, its so windy you can't breathe.  Anyone live in Utah? That is all downhill there.  They like their canyons.

Smashy!!!

I just checked, and Austin is in Feb. That could work. But could we all get there? It would be tight for me, especially if the family is coming with...

I am 2.5 hours away so it won't be an issue for me but I have my first FM (if I make it to the start this year) on Jan 19th. Unless I ran that as a half instead.