Sub-4 Marathon Group

November 2013 (Read 41 times)

onemile

Hi DTF and Shadow!

I just wanted to tell both of you that the forum here has been somewhat dead as of late because we created a group on Facebook. The group is quite active, both running and discussing (and chatting). It's just all happening on FB. We all feel really bad that we cannot keep up in both places. But frankly it's kinda redundant. And the discussion on FB is so much easier. There's a meltdown thread like every day! (Just kidding.) But we really want you two to join us, as we all feel you guys are very much Donuts. If you guys are not averse to the idea, we'd like to convince you to move over to FB with us. DTF, I know you said you'd prefer not to already, but I'm hoping you'll reconsider.

He's actually not kidding.

DetroitTigerFan

cbus - thanks for the invite on FB.  I do appreciate it and i'll keep it in mind if I change my earlier decision. It sounds like fun, but honestly, my posts will be dwindling down wherever I go. I mentioned late in the Oct thread that i'll be taking a break from marathoning or any type of training.  My running now is mostly for general exercise a whopping 1 time per week at a blazing fast 10 min mile - lol.   So any type of posts I have time for will just be for fun or encouraging others.  I'm also moving soon, so life is getting in the way of having time to frequently post or check in.  We'll see though - next year, I may train for a half marathon or something that requires a smaller time investment. Thanks again for your and everyone's support over the years !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Smashy!!!

cbus - thanks for the invite on FB.  I do appreciate it and i'll keep it in mind if I change my earlier decision. It sounds like fun, but honestly, my posts will be dwindling down wherever I go. I mentioned late in the Oct thread that i'll be taking a break from marathoning or any type of training.  My running now is mostly for general exercise a whopping 1 time per week at a blazing fast 10 min mile - lol.   So any type of posts I have time for will just be for fun or encouraging others.  I'm also moving soon, so life is getting in the way of having time to frequently post or check in.  We'll see though - next year, I may train for a half marathon or something that requires a smaller time investment. Thanks again for your and everyone's support over the years !

Where you moving to?! Will you still be DTF after you move?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ran a little over 5 miles today. Second day of running since the marathon one week ago. Felt fine. One of my daughters qualified for the state cross country meet today. She ran third on her team and beat several girls who usually beat her. It was exciting to see.

Will start training for the Myrtle Beach Marathon next week. Going for a new PR there.

What is your goal finish time?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

DetroitTigerFan

Where you moving to?! Will you still be DTF after you move?

lol - no, I meant that i'm physically moving my house (local move in MI) i'll still be on this site checking in now and then, etc. same user id,etc

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Hi DTF and Shadow!

I just wanted to tell both of you that the forum here has been somewhat dead as of late because we created a group on Facebook. The group is quite active, both running and discussing (and chatting). It's just all happening on FB. We all feel really bad that we cannot keep up in both places. But frankly it's kinda redundant. And the discussion on FB is so much easier. There's a meltdown thread like every day! (Just kidding.) But we really want you two to join us, as we all feel you guys are very much Donuts. If you guys are not averse to the idea, we'd like to convince you to move over to FB with us. DTF, I know you said you'd prefer not to already, but I'm hoping you'll reconsider.

Send me a link via PM, always interested in running groups on FB.  I belong to 5 or 6 already.  Though I agree with RWD that RA is easier.  Especially with my clunker of a computer...but I can use it with phone app.  Update: I think I just sent a join group request to Sub-4 Marathon Group...so maybe no need for link.

Having been posting recently since like DTF - I think I lost my mojo post marathon. Ankle is still stiff at start of run, but have been doing speed work and easy runs.  But not really training and schedule is off - like today.

Work has been busy so for my lunch runs, I am literally driving off-site to run on local rail trail just to get away.  I did rejoin 2 local clubs - one doing an indoor track on Wednesdays and the other for Winter Series. So hopefully mojo will return with a little speed training and racing.

Also looking at doing a Spring marathon, [Bob Potts in York, PA], just haven't signed up yet..price changes Nov. 30 so need to make up my mind soon.

later folks.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

DetroitTigerFan

bump

Smile

Docket_Rocket

Well, it would be best if we open a December one, Detroit!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Smashy!!!

Well, it would be best if we open a December one, Detroit!

Best would be if DTF joined us on FB.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

Yeah, I know cbus - one day I may join FB Smile

I really miss you guys and gals ! it's been a very busy last 2 months for me - I sold my starter house and moved into an apt until I can find a new house. Lot's of change in my life right now and it's been tough to be honest.  No marathon for me this year, but I'm tinkering with training /running a few HM's for fun hopefully with someone else - non time based,etc

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years !

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

DTF: Happy New Year to you two. Good luck with the house hunting. So just for you since I don't leave a runner behind.

Out for 11+ miles today in 55-60F weather.  Freeze was over today. I even ran most of it shirtless. Enjoy the weekend.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Docket_Rocket

Quick wave hello!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page