Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

P.S. I stopped and picked up an apple fritter donut and some chocolate milk for myself this AM (kolaches for the office). Maaaaan it was great. Cool

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Thanks Roll,

The new month totally slipped my mind!

P.S. I stopped and picked up an apple fritter donut and some chocolate milk for myself this AM (kolaches for the office). Maaaaan it was great. Cool

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

akalei mentioned it so i figured I would start it off with a donut.

Thank goodness April is oooover. I missed 8 planned runs due to my Grandmother passing away and then catching a horrible chest thing. Still managed 121 miles for the month thanks to two back to back 40 mile weeks. APRIL IS OVER, what a long month it was.

April showers bring May flowers....so theres that.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Busy work day for me so far. SRD#1 for me today. My first of 2 before Sunday. Legs feeling good right now.

onemile - weather looking good. partly cloudy overnite low of 44. Truthfully I have not fixated on the weather like I usually do for this race.

mdawg - I think if you can start Hansons 20wk comfortably at start you you can get thru it. I'm excited to do it. I'm ready to get into some focused marathon training after being "lazy" for 5 months.Smile lol I'll have 12wks before I start so going to set-up my schedule to be Hanson-like so i can just roll into start of plan. Already doing LRs now at the pace they want you to.

Rollcast - where's my apple fritter donut?Smile

cbus - feel better man

akalei - I felt like a slug not running today though.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Dreamn

Akalei - If you run Bob Potts, do you think you can hit 3:34?  It seems that 2014 will be tough to get into because everyone will want to run it next year, plus everyone that qualified in the early October races last year (Chicago, Steamtown, St. George) could use those qualifying times for 2013 and  can use those races for 2014 as well.  It seems that just barely qualifying won't make the cut, but it's anybody's guess.  Anyway, I said all that to say, what happened to the Lehigh option?  Sorry, I've been out of the loop.   And congrats on being a HF and running both races well Smile.  Are you still running Broad Street this weekend?  Any goals?

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

lot of the locals here run Bob Potts. That race you hve to be careful with as the weather is on cusp of being hot being Mid-May race.

Akalei - If you run Bob Potts, do you think you can hit 3:34?  It seems that 2014 will be tough to get into because everyone will want to run it next year, plus everyone that qualified in the early October races last year (Chicago, Steamtown, St. George) could use those qualifying times for 2013 and  can use those races for 2014 as well.  It seems that just barely qualifying won't make the cut, but it's anybody's guess.  Anyway, I said all that to say, what happened to the Lehigh option?  Sorry, I've been out of the loop.   And congrats on being a HF and running both races well Smile.  Are you still running Broad Street this weekend?  Any goals?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I was too scared I'd be late for court this morning so i didn't run.  I'll take today as my SRD instead of Friday.

Is there a fb group of some kind that people are on?  I'm on FB as well, so I'd join.

Akalei: sorry to hear about your husband's grandma - that's terrible.  Good luck if you run York!  That would be awesome.  I have basically written off boston 2014 and am aiming for Boston 2015 instead.

Jedi: good luck this weekend.

Rollcast: apple fritter donut! never had one of those but it sounds good

Cbus: feel better!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

I finally got to the office after going to the orthodontist and the chiro.  Now to work.  bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

White Lightning

mdawg - Yeah I'm back on his diet, finally.  I was low carbing it the last three weeks since I wasn't running and I went back on Coffee and Diet Pepsi, I just had no energy.  Three days back to the diet and i'm off of both already, amazing the energy I get when I eat mostly fruits and veggies.  No weight loss but I've dropped some body fat with the low carb thing.  I'll start dropping the weight again, have 14 pounds to go until November's race

onemile - will see how they go.  I feel some strain on the outside of my foot behind both baby toes, like new muscles being strained.  Will play it by ear.

Glad April is over, only 26 miles.  Worst mileage since I started running but still a strong month exercise wise.  Wind is finally down and sun is out so looking for another 5-6 mile run this afternoon.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon

Play the Game Hard!

My summary for April-200.5 kms, (about 125 miles) so not too bad.

Tapering this week for my half on Sunday, my son is tapering for his ultra on the 26th. Mileage may drop in May but I am over 500 miles for the first 4 months of the year which is better than usual for me, so happy with that.

I have been tense and stressed because of work, the tax deadline, (my wife is self employed doing tax prep) and my son moving to a new apartment last night and today. I do feel more relaxed today as I have a day off work and will do some gardening and go out for lunch.

How did you all make out in April and what are your goals for May?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

I did 206ish.  Not my best but I had not run 200 in months!

joshlynn, bring on May!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

254.1 miles for April.  Have one marathon and one 5k scheduled for May, so even with taper, recovery and a day or so off before the 5k I don't think it should have a major affect on my mileage.  Should be something similar to April.

onemile

Roll- I could go for a fritter! I am trying to lose a few before this next marathon training cycle though, so I am munching on sugar snap peas instead.

Jedi - sounds like ideal weather. can't wait to see how fast you run!

sprinkles - I don't know of a sub-4 fb group but I am in the RWOL marathoners group, if you're interested.

josh - with my ITBS history I didn't want to risk it. Just keep things short at first, you're probably fine.

simon - nice job on the 200kms

RVD - very nice month.

I ended up with 169.4 for April.  That's with 8 days off and a taper week.  So not terrible. And my race went well so I can't complain.  Goals for May - get some decent weeks in before leaving for Uganda (three weeks from today).  And then straight into marathon training when I return.

"RV: That's a nice looking plan... tough.  You're so incredibly organized.  I might have to look into Hansons for Wineglass. "

(I see it not easy to respond to someone who made a comment in a locked thread.)

Akalei: Regarding my Chicago Hanson schedule,  it is not that I'm so well organized as it is that I just like the info concise, so I can see more than one or two days at a time.  It makes it easier to shuffle around the schedule should it be necessary or to plan doing something a couple of weeks/months into the future, etc.

Yeah, the plan does look tough.  But, I'm guaranteed a PR, BQ -x, and Sub 4 if that damned plan doesn't kill me first.  Big grin

Roll- I could go for a fritter! I am trying to lose a few before this next marathon training cycle though, so I am munching on sugar snap peas instead.

I ended up with 169.4 for April.  That's with 8 days off and a taper week.  So not terrible. And my race went well so I can't complain.  Goals for May - get some decent weeks in before leaving for Uganda (three weeks from today).  And then straight into marathon training when I return.

they are the opposite of healthy, but almost worth the xtra 4/5 miles it takes to run them off.

Did you have to go through a round of shots for the Uganda trip. I cant remember if I asked this or just thought it last time you mentioned it.