cmb4314

Yay!  Congrats, Jedi!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

mdawg87

WTG Jedi!  #didworkranstrong!   Savor that PR!

Ran 10 at 9:33 average pace this morning.  My splits were a w/u mile at 10:33 followed by 9:35, 9:21, 9:24, 9:24, 9:15, 9:22, 9:38, 9:41, and 9:14.  You can see where the hills are...right at the end.  Feel pretty good about this one.  The pace Hanson recommends for my LRs in the upcoming program is 9:29 so I was trying to hit that with even splits today.  Getting excited about officially starting marathon training!

Oh, and I did run in the rain!  My rain jacket did a pretty good job although it wasn't raining very hard.  No wind either so that helped.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

White Lightning

great job Jedi!!

mdawg - great 10

I'm hoping for 10 this morning, legs are feeling really good and weather is perfect.  Hope everyone has a great Sunday

Play the Game Hard!

Great work Jedi!

who else's race results are waiting for today?

I ended up not meeting my goal. Ended up with a 45:16, 40 seconds off a PR. 7:18 pace. Trying to type more on my phone is making me frustrated. Not dissapointed with the result, at least i know where i am.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.

Fantastic race, Jedi!  Can't wait to hear more about it.

Nice 10, mdawg!

Roll:  I frequently run hungover.  I find the run helps.  Racing hungover is more hit or miss. Smile

Nick,  sorry to hear your race didn't go as planned.  But having a reference point is always helpful.

Cbus: feel better!

Sprinkles: have a blast pacing.  That sounds like it would be fun to do.

onemile:  glad you are getting back into the groove with your easy runs.

Hi to everyone I missed.

Me:  17.1 LR @ 8:50 average pace.  I ran this something of a progression run; first block of miles were about 9:20 pace, next group were 9:00ish, then some at 8:40s, then 4 miles at or under GMP, with the last two before a one mile cool down at GMP -:10.  After I warmed up, I felt good, and gave me a good shot of confidence that 8:10s are manageable if the weather cooperates in three weeks. Especially because I have been scuffling the past two weeks.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

ap4

1:39:40 for my HM this morning.  Pretty happy with the result. More later...

Ball of Fury

1:39:40 for my HM this morning.  Pretty happy with the result. More later...

Great race!!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

ap4 - nice race!

Great races AP4, Jedi and Nick.

One - legs?

mdawg - youre looking like 100% ?

Sptinkles - pacing. Good works is good soul

Flinders - yeah, the hangover went  away during the run. Wasn't a horrible hangover

josh - you've got ten in you bro

i finished the week with 40.25 miles. Missed my Friday run but not unhappy with results.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

ap4 - Great race!!!

Flinders - really nice 17

Nick - At least you know where you are at, nice job

Roll - good mileage

Me - 10 miles went really well.  First 7 took it easy between 9:30 and 9:45 then the last three picked it up with 8:59, 8:54 and 8:17.  Still feel i'm about 20 seconds off from where I was when I took those three weeks off but leg is feeling much better.  39.3 miles for the week and feel like I had more in me so good start.  To be honest, nice to not have the pressure of a training plan right now and just take it day by day and run how I feel.

Play the Game Hard!

I ran my half today in 1:42:41, not stellar but not too bad.

My PB was 5 minutes quicker but set when I was 58 and very fit.

I enjoyed the race, but wish I had done more training!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Rusk Runner

Jedi, Simon, AP4, Nick - WAY TO GO!!!!  Lots of good strong racing going on!

mdawg - glad you are enjoying.  I shed the rain jacket 3 miles into todays run and just relished the wet.

onemile - good to hear that you got your groove back.

cbus - hope you get your mojo back soon.

Roll - my turn for a hangover run this morning.  Very rare occurance for me.

After a half day riding the Hog in pouring rain yesterday, I went running in the rain today.  13.3 miles @ 9:10 avg pace on the hills.  PT seems to be really working for me.  I havent felt this good about running in awhile.  Closing week 4 post marathon with 46.1 miles.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Quickly checking in! Ran 2:19:30 to get my 2:20 runners in under 2:20. Fairly even splits the entire way - it was an easy pace for me to maintain, so I could talk with people around me. So many cool people that were running in my group, so many PR's and so many thank yous at the end- definitely the most rewarding volunteer opportunity I have ever had. I think probably because just about anyone can do stuff like clean up a playground but there aren't that many people who can pace a distance race, so I felt like I was in it with the racers, not just standing on the outside doing something paternalistic. Now I feel kind of gross from the carbs at the pasta dinner -ick. Not doing that again. Someone needs to tell the Sheraton that oil on the pasta at a running race can end up = lots of portalet stops! Not for me though lol, I stuck with the garlic bread.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Simon - Nice half time

Mdawg - So are you hooked on running in the rain now?

Indi - That is great that everything is feeling great again, and sometimes running in the rain is just a great feeling - once you get going.

Flinders - that 17 mile progression run sounds like it turned out well. It is a great feeling finishing strong.

Finally back to my computer. I tried a couple times to write more on my phone, but the default browser on my Droid just seems to not work too well with this website. Yeah, I thought that I was a little faster than I was last October, but I think that I am right about where I was then. The10k  course that I PRed was flat as a sheet of glass, where this one wasn't too bad, but had a couple small hills that tired me out in mile 3 and 6 (it was twice around a 5k loop)

Garmin Splits were 6:55, 6:58, 7:26, 7:13, 7:24, 7:51, and last .2 at 6:43 for 45.16

I did get 3rd in my age group which was unexpected, but cool

Catching up a bit here....

Ami that is a solid 5k, well done!

Cbus hope the medication helps and you get better.

MDawg, great pacing for the 10 mile run.

Jedi, great race, that is really fast!

Nick that's very close to a PR for you, well done!

AP4 I would love to hear the detail, great race!

Josh and Flinders, running well, good to hear.

Nice pacing job Sprinks!

Docket I am amazed at the weather you run in- my race today had low humidity but was about 70 degrees at the finish. This was warmer than it had been but nice by your standards. I did not drink enough towards the end of the race as I wanted to save a few seconds.

My 5k splits were 23:45, 23:44, 23:44 and 24:50 with the last 1.1km taking 6:47, so a real slow down at the end.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.