Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Ball of Fury

With the sickness and injury, I only had 112 for April so that stinks, especially since March was 167.  Anyway, my goal for May is to just rehab and get in an many miles as my hip and knee will allow!

Shamrock info:  I started looking at some hotels today for Shamrock (I am an über planner) and it appears he Holiday Inn RVD recommended is already booked?  Anyway, the Marriott North looks nice and is across the street from the start line.  Also, for those bringing children, the Oceanaire looks nice and has some suites for $150ish.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Yellow fever, typhoid, Hep A and Meningitis. Also got some anti-malarial pills, antibiotics and ambien (for sleeping on the plane).

Did you have to go through a round of shots for the Uganda trip. I cant remember if I asked this or just thought it last time you mentioned it.

With the sickness and injury, I only had 112 for April so that stinks, especially since March was 167.  Anyway, my goal for May is to just rehab and get in an many miles as my hip and knee will allow!

Shamrock info:  I started looking at some hotels today for Shamrock (I am an über planner) and it appears he Holiday Inn RVD recommended is already booked?  Anyway, the Marriott North looks nice and is across the street from the start line.  Also, for those bringing children, the Oceanaire looks nice and has some suites for $150ish.

Aaarrrrggghhhhh!  You're right.  I just called and confirmed that they are booked.  Who'd a thunk?  Guess I'll start looking around right now and book something also.

May is looking good so far, a nice mid-70s and sunny day to start it off. And, I was just told that I will be moving work locations, which will reduce my commute time from 45 mins one way, to 10 mins. The only negative is that it is hilly at my current location which is good for non-flat running days. Closer to home it is flat as a pancake.

Roll - Mmmm.... Apple Fritters

akalei - hmmm, you want to be convinced that you can't BQ this year? I am pretty confident that I will be able to hit 1:40 for a half in a month, but not quite sure that I will definitely beat 4:00 for 26.2

Simon - good luck this weekend on your and your son's races.

About 169 miles for April, goal of about 235 miles for May - xwhich would be my highest mileage month ever.

Onemile - Since Uganda borders Kenya, are you going to bring back some running tips for us?

Jedi - it has to be great, feeling fresh now with a few days of easy running and rest left

Today is a scheduled rest day, but going to run 6 miles today instead of Saturday. Going to rest Saturday to (maybe) try to PR a 10k on Sunday.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

We have stayed at the Best Western Oceanfront a few times and it has been nice.

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Aaarrrrggghhhhh!  You're right.  I just called and confirmed that they are booked.  Who'd a thunk?  Guess I'll start looking around right now and book something also.

all of the Marriotts along the course are booked. I reserved a room that is 12 miles from the start. Carpooling will be available with us if you all need a ride.

Courtyard
              Virginia Beach Norfolk
              5700 Greenwich Road,

Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462 USA Phone: 1-757-490-2002

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

12 miles?

all of the Marriotts along the course are booked. I reserved a room that is 12 miles from the start. Carpooling will be available with us if you all need a ride.

Courtyard
                Virginia Beach Norfolk
                5700 Greenwich Road,

Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462 USA Phone: 1-757-490-2002

Did you guys check expedia?  I've never had an issue finding hotels for my big races and I usually book only 2 weeks out.  I have not even started checking up Chicago hotels.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Thanks much for the heads up.  I totally freaked that things were already sold out.  I also tried a couple of other hotels that were also sold out.  I didn't book nearly this early last year.

Well, booked at the Oceanaire Resort Hotel, 3421 Atlantic Avenue for 03/14/2014 - 03/16/2014, $418 + taxes for the two nights.  It is between 33rd & 34th streets.  It will be a longer walk to the expo, but a shorter walk to the start/finish.  It is also on the boardwalk.

I suggest anyone interested in doing the Shamrock not dawdle getting hotel reservations.

12 miles?

Did you guys check expedia?  I've never had an issue finding hotels for my big races and I usually book only 2 weeks out.  I have not even started checking up Chicago hotels.

Now that you mention it, I'd better book my Chicago room also, lest I not be able to stay at the Congress Plaza where I've stayed the last 4 years.  I stayed at the Hilton Palmer House the first year.

Edited to say:  NEVER MIND!!!  I had booked my hotel room before I even registered for the marathon.  I just freaked out so much about the Shamrock that I had forgotten.

Ball of Fury

Thanks much for the heads up.  I totally freaked that things were already sold out.  I also tried a couple of other hotels that were also sold out.  I didn't book nearly this early last year.

Well, booked at the Oceanaire Resort Hotel, 3421 Atlantic Avenue for 03/14/2014 - 03/16/2014, $418 + taxes for the two nights.  It is between 33rd & 34th streets.  It will be a longer walk to the expo, but a shorter walk to the start/finish.  It is also on the boardwalk.

I suggest anyone interested in doing the Shamrock not dawdle getting hotel reservations.

Thanks RV and Roll...we will book this week!  Roll, I found rooms at the Marriott North on Expedia....a tripadvisor review said it was across from start line.  We are trying to decide how long to stay and are considering a side trip to DC or Williamsburg....thoughts?

Ball of Fury

Now that you mention it, I'd better book my Chicago room also, lest I not be able to stay at the Congress Plaza where I've stayed the last 4 years.  I stayed at the Hilton Palmer House the first year.

Edited to say:  NEVER MIND!!!  I had booked my hotel room before I even registered for the marathon.  I just freaked out so much about the Shamrock that I had forgotten.

Lol...funny!!  DH and I were trying to remember if we booked for Air Force HM or IMM or both!  Still not sure!

Docket_Rocket

I was going to say, you told me you had your hotel all ready.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Thanks RV and Roll...we will book this week!  Roll, I found rooms at the Marriott North on Expedia....a tripadvisor review said it was across from start line.  We are trying to decide how long to stay and are considering a side trip to DC or Williamsburg....thoughts?

I tried to book there 03/14/2014 - 03/16/2014 and it says no rooms available.  That was the first place I tried.  Out of curiosity I just tried again, and is says the same thing.

i cant find it on expedia.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

FYI guys - Carmel Marathon is open for next year and only $37 until 5/5.  I signed up.  Cool