Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Ball of Fury

i cant find it on expedia.

I just found it for Sat to Tuesday...about number 8-9 down on the page under Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront....or is that not it?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

I just found it for Sat to Tuesday...about number 8-9 down on the page under Courtyard Virginia Beach Oceanfront....or is that not it?

I suggest that if you actually try booking there that it will tell you that there are no rooms available.

Canuck

Happy May everybody.  I'm having one of those weeks where I'm just totally disorganized, so not much time online.  I am taking a long weekend though - I'd originally booked it because of the marathon and so even though I'm not running the marathon anymore, I thought I would still take the days.  Going to be beautiful weather, actually looks a bit warm on Sunday for the race, going up to 70 and full sun.  It felt hot the last hour last year at 60, so not totally ideal.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Onemile- is the RWOL marathoners group on FB or just on RWOL - i still poke around there now and then.

Re: Shamrock Reservations: That's insane that things are booked already.  Gah. No wonder I had such a hard time getting reservations for all my races, I waited until basically that week.

Josh: I hear ya on the low carb - I tried it a little bit and wound up not losing weight but just being exhausted, so back to fruit and veggies and healthy grains for me.  The Racing Weight plan always works for me as well, even though I don't follow it to a T.

Damaris- nice 200!  I haven't run 200 in a month ever.  I probably will this fall when I have back to back marathons in November (2 weeks apart).  I figure if the marathon maniacs can do it, so can I...plus if I'm traveling somewehre and a marathon is that week, I'm going to run it.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

Afternoon all!

April Mileage:  Between 125 - 130.  Probably be about the same for May.  Maybe a little more.  I'm going to try and average 30-40 miles per week leading up to marathon training.  The Hansons beginner plan has really low mileage for the first few weeks as a build up so I'll just stay at the 30-40 MPW range.

Nick:  Meant to respond to your "salt mines" question earlier.  That's a phrase my mother uses to denote having to work hard!

Josh:  I've really been impressed with the Racing Weight program so far.  My goal was only 3-5 lbs so I'm not far.  Anything more than that would not be healthy for me nor maintainable.  I bet you have an initial quick drop of a few lbs since you took some time away from it.

Roll:  Apple fritters and chocolate milk...mmmm.

cbus:  Hope you feel better soon.  I'd be checking for a cancellation at the Dr's. office tomorrow if I were you.

Jedi:  I did my LR last Sunday at the Hanson recommended pace too.  Great minds!

Dreamn:  I signed up for Lehigh a week or so ago.  Are you running it?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

I suggest that if you actually try booking there that it will tell you that there are no rooms available.

I just booked Sat-Tues at the Courtyard Marriot Oceanfront North on Atlantic Avenue, which I read is just across from the start line of the HM. I booked directly through Marriot's website so no charges up front and must be cancelled 72 hours before.  Total for King bed Oceanfront 3 nights was $579.  I am not sure why you guys aren't finding availability?  Are you looking for Friday night as well?  If so, maybe that night is booked?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

I just booked Sat-Tues at the Courtyard Marriot Oceanfront North on Atlantic Avenue, which I read is just across from the start line of the HM. I booked directly through Marriot's website so no charges up front and must be cancelled 72 hours before.  Total for King bed Oceanfront 3 nights was $579.  I am not sure why you guys aren't finding availability?  Are you looking for Friday night as well?  If so, maybe that night is booked?

Odd.  I had been but the last time I tried I went directly to their site and keyed in the same dates as you and there was availability.  So, I don't know if it was a Friday night issue, or whether I was not attempting to book directly from their site.  That's even less expensive per night that what I got, but I only wanted two nights.

Glad you'll have a roof over your head.  Smile

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

cbus: hope you feel better!

onemile: Sounds like a fantastic trip, even if you have to feel like a pincushion for a while beforehand.

All of your hotel chatter reminds me that I need to book for my fall race...

Hi everyone!  Just a quick driveby for me today.

I managed 170.5 in April, which was more than I thought; I had a couple of meh weeks in there.   I've never hit 200; closest I came was a 191.8 in February, which had it been a normal-length month, I would have managed it.

Doubled today.  3.6 @ 8:24 then 5.4 @ 9:14.  I'm starting to feel achy and the second run was a bit of a struggle.  Nothing hurts though, just tired and worn out; I've had a lot of non-running crud to deal with these last four months that  has also run me down a bit.  Two weeks to taper.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

White Lightning

7 miles finished at 9:16 and last mile was 8:12 and felt really really strong.  I think I really love this shoe.

Play the Game Hard!

7 miles finished at 9:16 and last mile was 8:12 and felt really really strong.  I think I really love this shoe.

What a great feeling that is when you a shoe that works for you so well.

well, I was talking with the wife about the hotel situation so she decided to take a look. I gave her the dates and she promptly explained that she wasn't aware of the race being on the 15th. Sooooo, not wanting to make that day about me or the race, since it is my youngest sons birth date, coupled with the fact that we will be going to Hawaii that summer (expensive) we are pulling out of Shamrock. I am disappointed but, seeing as though he is the youngest (6 yrs old) and seems to get the shaft on a lot of stuff, it's probably better.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

You guys are all making me jealous with this hotel booking talk Sad.

Finished April with 133 i think.  Thats race week, and recovery.

Stupid humid tonight.  80deg/80% I think.  Not bad in Dockets world but to just all of the sudden leave spring and slam that into you sucks.  Should have avoided hills and slowed down but its to late for that.  8.52 miles done @ 9:15 pace.  Tomorrow is an SRD and I could use it.

Took a supervisor position today.  Do I need the stress?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Question: I am trying to figure out how I should run Thursday (today or tomorrow, depending on when you read this) given that I am running a 10k on Sunday. Normally I would be planning 8 tempo miles at half marathon pace, 11 miles total. I am thinking that maybe it makes sense to take tomorrow easier since I will be running fast on Sunday. My only concern is that tomorrow's run will be on my hillier route chosen to mimic the half marathon course, and I haven't had a chance to run that route over the last few weeks. Do you think that I would still get a good amount of benefit from the hills if I ran at a more moderate pace tomorrow and left the fast running to Sunday's flat course? Or maybe I should run a smaller part at half-marathon pace, such as the steepest mile? Thoughts?

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Docket_Rocket

I wouldn't run the 11 with tempo miles because of the race.  If you're going to attempt a good race effort, I wouldn't do 11 either.  Something short and easy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Indy- congrats on the position! Promotions are a good thing for sure. Celebrate with a donut and cup of joe.

Nick - shorter non quality if you do hills. I am with docket, you may want to avoid the hills all together.

Me - I started May off with 8 great miles. 4 with my running buddy and 4 solo.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

akalei

Morning, everyone!  About to head downstairs to do Insanity and 6 on tap this afternoon.  Might be a flat 6 depending how my legs are feeling after this morning.

Re: Shamrock... holy crap!  I didn't know I need to book for next year already!  I booked the Hilton in October or November for this year's Shamrock.  The Hilton costs more but wasn't so bad when we split it and only had to pay for one night, and being right at the finish is totally worth it.

Nick: Wasn't really looking to be told I can't qualify for Boston this year.  I'm actually pretty confident in my ability to do that come October given the fact that I was never winded when I finished either half or my <3:52 full.  I was looking to be talked out of being dumb enough to try to run a full marathon on essentially half training in four weeks.

Anyone else on tap for Broad Street this weekend?

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com