Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Easy peasy 4 miler for me this morning. Legs feeling strong right now. Another 4 miler tomorrow and then we do work on Sunday.

akalei - must of missed the part of running Potts on HM training. personally i wouldn't but as long as you feel good and not worried about a goal time go for it.

Nick - I would not do more than 5-6 miles easy.

AmiK - I accepted your FB request.Smile

Sprinkles - group is on FB and Docket and I are in group also.

indi - congrats on new job

Roll - you're 4m up on me already for May.Smile

You guys are funny about Shamrock. i can't look that far ahead right now.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

I ran a whopping 2.03 miles this morning at a blistering 10:35/mile!  My poor leg muscles were so excited to run, and at first it felt pretty good, if just a bit awkward.  As I went along, though, the hip got more and more tight and then I saw my shadow and realized my gait was pretty funky, even though I didn't feel like I was limping.  Oh well, baby steps, right?  I did 50 push-ups and my stretches when I got home.  Hopefully, I will have the day off tomorrow and can make it to my first PT appointment with the new chiro...it's gonna be tough to get appointments there with my work schedule because when I called Tuesday, Friday was all that was available..guess he is popular!

Roll:  What a bummer about Shamrock, but totally understand about your kiddos birthday!  Nice 8!

Alkalei:  How is Insanity going?  I am planning to start Monday and then just get miles in when my body allows me too.

Indy:  Congrats on the new position.  Hopefully, it won't be too stressful.  Nice running.  The weather this morning was so perfect for running...hope you got to enjoy it!

Nick:  Good luck this weekend.  I agree with DR, I would skip the tempo and run a few easy miles.  In the Hanson book, that is basically what they say to do if you have a weekend race.

Josh:  Nice run!  Glad you are enjoying the shoes.

Flinders:  Great monthly mileage and nice double!

RV:  I think the Marriot looks nice, but we may end up switching to Oceanaire later.  We didn't want to have to put any $ into yet since it's so early.

MDawg:  Great month for April, especially coming back from your injury.  I think that's a great plan to prepare for Hanson....was my plan as well, although I was going to try to get into the 50s a few weeks.  We will have to see what happens with the leg I guess.

Sprinkles:  I couldn't believe places were booked either!!

Zoe:  Good luck to you Sunday as well!

Jedi:  You ready??  Excited to see how well you do!  You posted while I was posted....I would like to join the FB group also...do you need to be invited?

Docket:  When are you leaving for Puerto Rico?

Onemile:  Glad you signed up for Carmel.  I am trying to talk DH into signing up now..he is hesitant with my injury to put $ into it, but it's soooo cheap!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me.  Crazy weather here.  Only 70 today, windy, and cloudy.  60s and rain for the weekend.  Blech.  Looks like next Wednesday before our temps are back to the normal high 70s low 80s.  What is the FB group everyone is talking about?  Have I missed something there?

Jedi:  The countdown is on.  #doworkrunstrong!

AmiK:  I'd like to get into the 50s during my next base building phase.  Way too soon after injury for me to try that this time around.  Baby steps for me too.  I'm really trying to avoid an overuse injury going forward.

Nick:  +1 on the easy miles recommendations.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Ami - I added you. i just need to be friends with you to add I believe.

mdawg - #doworkrunstrong indeed!Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Yet another hotel post.

I changed hotels for Virginia Beach.  This one is adjacent to the one I was in last year.

Total price including estimated taxes for the two nights is $410.12, but it includes two beds.  One of the beds is in the room with the ocean view;  the other one is in a separate room, which would make this a place good for a roommate situation.

(Maybe I'd better check my reservations for my marathon NEXT weekend instead of worrying about next March.)

akalei

Jedi: Registration for Potts closed yesterday, and I took it as a sign that I shouldn't do it!  My plan was to shoot for a 20-miler next weekend and see how I felt, then sign up.  So now I'll just go to NYC on Memorial Day weekend and come to terms with the fact that if I BQ at Wineglass, 2015 it is!  Things could be worse, I suppose.

Also, what's this FB group you guys speak of?  Jedi, can you invite me since we're FB friends?  I'll find you other donuts on there!

Ami: Insanity is good and tough as heck!  I'm loving it--doing 2-3 days per week and still running 5.  All the plyometrics seem to be really helping my running in terms of post-run soreness.  I had NONE on Monday after long run Sunday and, despite being on tired legs, still managed a good pace.  Don't be surprised when you tell Shaun T you hate him and shout other things at the TV, either.  I've been equally crazy Joking

Kudos to everyone on their April mileage.  Mine was nowhere near as awesome as you guys... I took 2-3 day breaks in two separate weeks to try and rest my foot when I was having those issues.  Yeah, I'll blame it on that. Smile

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Ball of Fury

Jedi:  Thank you!

Alkalei:  Oh, I have spent many days cussing at Shaun T (we did Insanity for the first time back before I ever started running), but haven't done it in a while...looking forward to it actually.  I also think it might help with my hip/leg strength with all the jumps, lunges, and squats.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD today.  At work and then after work, we fly!

AmiK, sorry about the hip.  Are you still doing PT?  If you know a chiro, adjustments might help.  Some issues take time to fix, but hope yours is quicker.

jedi, good luck on Sunday if I don't get to talk to you before then!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Feeling better, but still not 100%, so I'll keep tomorrow's appointment. I'm just so tired of being sick.

Onemile, what a coincidence. A couple of profs in my department take an annual trip to Uganda with students. They do work with the schools there.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Morning!  SRD today.  At work and then after work, we fly!

AmiK, sorry about the hip.  Are you still doing PT?  If you know a chiro, adjustments might help.  Some issues take time to fix, but hope yours is quicker.

jedi, good luck on Sunday if I don't get to talk to you before then!

Going to a new chiro for PT tomorrow.  My ortho said he is great and works with a lot of runners.  He wants me to have ART.  I think it's the bursitis that is hurting more than anything at this point but who knows.  Have a safe trip and good luck!

cmb4314

Morning!

Had PT this morning, and everything is going well.  I can almost walk with a normal gait now and my strength is coming back quite a bit.  The PT said she would be surprised if the doc doesn't take me out of the boot at my appointment next week.  Apparently this doctor is more conservative than most with immobilization, but she's also the best surgeon at the place and gets fantastic results, so I will dutifully wear my boot until she says otherwise.

I'm jealous of everyone's warm weather - it's 35 degrees here, and snowed 3 inches last night.  It was 75 on Saturday, at least, and it's supposed to be nice next week, but winter just doesn't seem like it wants to end.  I was very bummed this morning when I had to pull my winter coat back out of the closet.

That's very cool that you all are trying to do Shamrock - I don't know nearly enough about what I'll be doing next March to even consider it!  I should be back to good running form by then, but the thought of training through another Minnesota winter is not so appealing.  I may be swearing off Spring marathons for a while.  Alternatively, it is not impossible that I would be pregnant then if we keep our current plans intact.....so yeah.  No plans for March yet.

Nice mileage all around too!  I hit 211 back in December and 196 in January, which were my biggest mileage months ever.  Not so much since then, though Wink.  Maybe there will be a few miles at the end of May.

Amik - Glad you're able to get back out there!  Hope that the chiro is helpful

Cbus - Glad you're feeling better!

Jedi - almost there!  Good luck on Sunday

Josh - glad you're liking the Inspires - it's so nice to find a shoe that really works.  They are a good shoe and I really like the feel of them, and would wear them all the time if they were enough shoe for me.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

I wanna be on the FB circuit too. Why does a fella have to do to get some mojo?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

I wanna be on the FB circuit too. Why does a fella have to do to get some mojo?

Friend me (Ami Sims Workman) and I will add you to the group.

Ball of Fury

Cmb:  You mean you haven't been running much?  You must just be lazy!  Seriously, great news about the boot. When DH ruptured his Achilles, his surgeon was also very conservative but he got great results!!

Docket_Rocket

I feel left out since you friended me but didn't add me to any group. Sniff!

Friend me (Ami Sims Workman) and I will add you to the group.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page