Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  5 and weights (part of the run with hubby) tonight.

Billy, enjoy the training and run.

Have a great day, all!

Damaris

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles:  Been there, done that with the female stuff on race day and yes, it is miserable.  Add in the heat, and I think you did a phenomenal job!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

bagopux

bag - Greensboro. Found this path off of Meadowbrook and area looky sketchy to me.

Never ran in G'boro.  Can't help you with routes there.  Sorry.

BTW, I am not able to keep up with this forum on a daily basis, and its the only one I really read, so its not like I'm cheating on y'all with another forum Smile  But if I ever fail to respond to something directed at me or fail to react to someone's race or whatnot, its not because I don't learn a lot here or enjoy conversing.  Just got a lot goin' on right now y'all are particularly loquacious these days.

Sprinkles, nice job.  Rising temps combined with straining to hit a goal at the end of a race can be very very dangerous.  Way to keep your head and not get Finish Line Fever.

mdawg87

Well, we didn't have to boat to work today since it finally stopped raining late yesterday.  Go figure...weather is nice and dry today.  Lots of rain and flooding in the ATL yesterday.  Argh...we can't seem to catch a break on the weekends lately.  Although Memorial Day weekend is looking good.  Abs and 3 easy TM miles at the gym.

Bago:  I'm not familiar with running areas in Chattanooga, but DH did a triathlon there a couple of years ago.  It's quite hilly.

Sprinkles:  Congrats again!  Hope you're resting today.

Docket:  How's DH's running coming along?

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

mdawg, he had to restart or lower the run minutes after his bout with the knee (non running related) but he's doing fine.  We did 5 sets of 6 minutes running, 2 minutes walking, and I suspect we'll either repeat that or add another set.

bag, I also miss posts too and cannot answer to every post.  We do what we can!

AmiK, ugh, yes.  TTOM with marathoning and heat and humidity don't mix well.  That's why I get very nauseous during some marathons.

Damaris

Good races Sprinkles and DTF!

10ish miles for me at 9ish pace, temperatures mid 70's, didn't take any water so was thirsty the rest of the day.

Seeing my son today for some final planning for my support role for his 100 mile trail race, details like food and drink lists, spare shoes and socks of different sizes to account for his feet swelling and so on. I am anxious about his safety as I have read of the kind of problems runners can have on these punishingly long runs. I am particularly concerned that he will feel great in the early hours and push too hard.

Docket, were you the Florida lottery winner?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Morning!  5 and weights (part of the run with hubby) tonight.

Billy, enjoy the training and run.

Have a great day, all!

Not to push things or anything, Smile but do you think you could have hubby up to half marathon status in time for the Shamrock in Virginia Beach, March 16th?

Well, we didn't have to boat to work today since it finally stopped raining late yesterday.  Go figure...weather is nice and dry today.  Lots of rain and flooding in the ATL yesterday.  Argh...we can't seem to catch a break on the weekends lately.  Although Memorial Day weekend is looking good.  Abs and 3 easy TM miles at the gym.

Bago:  I'm not familiar with running areas in Chattanooga, but DH did a triathlon there a couple of years ago.  It's quite hilly.

Sprinkles:  Congrats again!  Hope you're resting today.

Docket:  How's DH's running coming along?

No telling how long it will take the Alpharetta Big Creek Greenway to become runnable again.  That place floods easily, let alone with the deluge we actually got.  When I don't have paces to hit it is nice to go over there after work for 10 miles.  May have to wait a few days.

I do have a 5k in Dacula coming up.  Unfortunately the 5k/10k I would usually run on Memorial Day (by the Northpoint Mall) is not being sponsored any more by the women's group that used to sponsor it.  They said it just got too expensive.  So, I'll trek out to Dacula for a 5k next Monday.  I would like to PR this one.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

If I were, I would've been posting from a nice place by the beach.

Good races Sprinkles and DTF!

10ish miles for me at 9ish pace, temperatures mid 70's, didn't take any water so was thirsty the rest of the day.

Seeing my son today for some final planning for my support role for his 100 mile trail race, details like food and drink lists, spare shoes and socks of different sizes to account for his feet swelling and so on. I am anxious about his safety as I have read of the kind of problems runners can have on these punishingly long runs. I am particularly concerned that he will feel great in the early hours and push too hard.

Docket, were you the Florida lottery winner?

Damaris

Still looking for something like this that suggests how much to slow down for a temperature/dew point combination.  Unfortunately this one uses relative humidity.  I have no idea how realistic it is either.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha!  Not sure.

Not to push things or anything, Smile but do you think you could have hubby up to half marathon status in time for the Shamrock in Virginia Beach, March 16th?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I thought I sent you my coach's spreadsheet.  But yes, his is heat index and does not take into consideration dewpoint (although the heat index is supposed to consider it, I don't find it accurate).  However, I find my coach's spreadsheet close to the mark.

Still looking for something like this that suggests how much to slow down for a temperature/dew point combination.  Unfortunately this one uses relative humidity.  I have no idea how realistic it is either.

Damaris

I thought I sent you my coach's spreadsheet.  But yes, his is heat index and does not take into consideration dewpoint (although the heat index is supposed to consider it, I don't find it accurate).  However, I find my coach's spreadsheet close to the mark.

You mentioned it, but as far as I know never sent either the sheet or a link.  If you did, I missed it.

Good morning donuts! My chest and abs feel like i am wearing a sheet of sand paper. SUN BLOCK DUMMIE!!!! You guys would laugh if you could see a pic of my torso, crazy red/white line across my belly button area from where my swim suit was laying while i was in the pool chair. SRD for me. Finished last week with 41.5 miles which makes that 4-5 weeks of 40 mile range with a cut back week of 31 miles mixed in there. Time to step up the mileage a bit more. #basebuildingslowly

bags - me too

Billy - pack a pistol on those "adventure" runs

D Rocket - the weather and air are turning into hot soup....coconut water is a staple in our house

MDawg - get a tube and a cooler of beer so you can float the flood Cool

Ami - how are you feeling? I saw were your hip was stiff but does it feel like its a recovery stiff or lingering stiff?

Simon - nice 10. I hope to SAG for my sons some day. thats seriously cool IMO.

Sprinkles - how are you feeling today?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Coconut water makes me nauseous.  They had it at one water station on my 10K PR race and I gagged when I drank it.  I skipped that water station the second time around.  Bah!

Good morning donuts! My chest and abs feel like i am wearing a sheet of sand paper. SUN BLOCK DUMMIE!!!! You guys would laugh if you could see a pic of my torso, crazy red/white line across my belly button area from where my swim suit was laying while i was in the pool chair. SRD for me. Finished last week with 41.5 miles which makes that 4-5 weeks of 40 mile range with a cut back week of 31 miles mixed in there. Time to step up the mileage a bit more. #basebuildingslowly

bags - me too

Billy - pack a pistol on those "adventure" runs

D Rocket - the weather and air are turning into hot soup....coconut water is a staple in our house

MDawg - get a tube and a cooler of beer so you can float the flood Cool

Ami - how are you feeling? I saw were your hip was stiff but does it feel like its a recovery stiff or lingering stiff?

Simon - nice 10. I hope to SAG for my sons some day. thats seriously cool IMO.

Sprinkles - how are you feeling today?

Damaris