Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Rusk Runner

onemile - Have a blast!

Good running all!

Amik - I am also definately missing running and its really only been 8 days, but suprisingly I am maintaining sanity.  You are quite an athlete so I know you can deal with the fact that this happens and you need to take the time to heal.  So many others in here have been through injuries and look at them now.  I do realize your frustration though.  Heck, I can jump up and down on one foot, ride a bike, walk, stretch, do my new strength training, etc, but I cant get more than 2 miles down the road before my soleus starts bitchin.  Ughhh.

You are gonna be fine.

Welcome back Flinders!

I am taking a day offf of the bike since I am not used to it yet.  No real soreness or anything, just figured I should start something new slowly.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Flinders!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Welcome back Flinders.

ami - Undecided

Indi - do you have calf compression sleeves. They helped with my calf strain last year. Look up calf heart attack and check those symptoms. Hopefully that's not it.

Bago - I know you have mentioned it in the past, but what shoes are you running in with hallux rigid?

7 in the books tonight. 8:44 pace. Looking for a double tomorrow.

Bruins take the W. kings are losing 0-2 but I have to go to bed, can't finish.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

I didn't know bagopux had hallux rigidus.  I do too!

Morning! 7 and weights if the allergy shot does not screw it up.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

mdawg87

Good morning!  SRD for me.  Ready for the 3 day weekend and it's only Wednesday.  Going to try some speedwork tomorrow for the first time since my injury.  Will probably just do some 400s on the TM.  I'd love to do them on the track, but alas, DH is out of town so no 5 am outside run for me.  I did order some more Mizuno Wave Rider 16s from Running Warehouse last night.  Mine are approaching the 500 mile mark so I'll need to retire them soon.  I got two pairs so I could rotate and have nicely broken in shoes for the marathon.  Plus, I probably won't need shoes until the end of the year now.  And as an added bonus, I got them in two different colors so they can match whatever running clothes I'm wearing.  You know...the important stuff!

Roll:  I made it until the end of the 1st period in the Kings game.  It's a series now out in CA.  Home ice advantage might be the deciding factor in that one.

Indy:  Good point about the compression socks.  During the first stages of recovery, I wore mine in the evening and slept in them too.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hi Flinders!

Indiana-  - Soleus is a pain - been there and done that too.  took me all of my Philly cycle to get past it.  I loved the bike when getting past it, and luckily, knock on wood it never came back.  I did well with compression socks too like Rollcast said.

Rollcast - nice run.

Me - switching my registration for my fall half from the Bird in Hand to the Lehigh Valley half.  it's more downhill and more closely mirrors the Wineglass Course.  Plus, BIH is all hills, which is fine, but i don't think it'll do much for my confidence coming from Cleveland's sh*tshow.  I need a race where I can run a PR and feel good about myself.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Ball of Fury

Hi all!  The ortho fit me in tomorrow morning, so at least that's something, right?  Thank you all for your encouragement and I am really sorry about the incessant whining!!

Sprinkles:  Sounds like you made a good switch for your HM!  And I hear you about needing a good race.

MDawg:  Enjoy the rest day!  And yay for more shoes!  I have the 15s and 16s and love them both.

Docket:  I hope you are able to enjoy your 7 miles and weights.

Roll:  Nice 7!

Indy:  I am really sorry your calf is giving you so much trouble!!  And I know I will get through this, it's just super frustrating trying to figure out the exact problem and best course, ya know?

CBus:  Thanks!

Flinders:  Hi!

Jedi:  Nice workout...not sure I have the patience for that many intervals on the TM!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Sprinkles:  See you in September!  Lehigh is the fall marathon I chose.  DH will be running the half too.

AmiK:  Glad you got in to see the Ortho.  Fingers crossed it's not a SFX.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg! Awesome.  I'm hoping for cold weather!

Docket_Rocket

7 miles, no weights.  76 dewpoint, sunny, shadeless.  Great run, though.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Way to go Docket. Wish like hell I had some of your mileage right now.

Amy - Chin up!  Hope things go well tomorrow.  I will be seeing my doc on Friday but it will really just be for her to decide where to send me later.  I will give an easy run a try on Friday morning.  If not better, the place where I have a problem will be inflamed when I go see the Doc.  If it is better, well... I will just keep on running I guess.

Wanted to get some biking in tonight but I was too busy cutting grass in between rain showers.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

You will come back soon!

Way to go Docket. Wish like hell I had some of your mileage right now.

Amy - Chin up!  Hope things go well tomorrow.  I will be seeing my doc on Friday but it will really just be for her to decide where to send me later.  I will give an easy run a try on Friday morning.  If not better, the place where I have a problem will be inflamed when I go see the Doc.  If it is better, well... I will just keep on running I guess.

Wanted to get some biking in tonight but I was too busy cutting grass in between rain showers.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Comic relief at the gym tonight - I really need to quit that place.  Walk in to 5:45 spin because I signed up for 6:45 spin but my mainframe went down and I had extra time.  They changed the rules - you now have to sign up for your class in advance. Ok.

MeBlush was signed up for 6:45, could I switch, please?

Meathead: No, you have to go back to a computer to do the switch, we can't switch you at the gym.

Me: Well, my computer crashed that's why I am here

Meathead: That's too bad.

Me: Can I just take both classes - there is no one in the spin studio now

Meathead: We have a policy of no double booking.

Me: Can I walk into one class and be booked in another

Meathead: You will be considered cancelled for the second class and have to pay a penalty.

Me: What?  There is no one in the clasd.  Can I take pilates then.
                            Meathead: One class only.

Me: Where in my contract is it one class only? Do I get to cancel my contract now that its not the same contract I signed? I'd love to quit this place.

Meathead: I don't know. I can' thelp you

Me: Does anyone do membership here.

Meathead: No.

45 minutes later in 6:45 spin class:

"We don't support spinning in clips, only in sneakers."  - really overweight/obese spin instructor

"Sneakers?  But these bikes have clips."

"Those are soulcycle clips or outdoor bike clips, we dont' use those."

"What kind of bike clips are these."

"Not delta clips, I don't know."

OMG SHOOT ME.  I just did the Core and Strength Routines in the Pfitz book, and then left.  Good god.  I'm signed up for a soulcycle class tomorrow.  Oh, and I found out that the Bikram studio I had a groupon to doesn't actually exist anymore.  Sometimes NYC just tests my patience.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Thanks, all.  I'm happy to be back!

As I said, I'm compressing three weeks of taper madness into five days.  Today was weather freak-out (looks to be decent: 42/67 was today's forecast for Sunday); yesterday was time-goal freakout after mentioning to the Known Runners in my office that I was racing this weekend (you know, the basic chit-chat at an awkward office function along the lines of "are you doing anything fun for the long weekend?" Reply: "umm, I don't know if you'd call it "fun" but yes, I'm doing something").

I'll find something else to obsess about tomorrow. Smile

3.5 easy @ about 8:30 at lunch today.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Meathead: One class only.

Me: Where in my contract is it one class only? Do I get to cancel my contract now that its not the same contract I signed? I'd love to quit this place.

I've had these arguments, too. And with gym people. Mine was their trying to get 60 days notice before cancellation (they missed the clause that provided for cancellation at will after 45-days non-use (they said, "we used to have that, but we changed it." Me: "you didn't change my contract. The contract I signed didn't have a 60-day notice requirement."  I won that one.)  Must be a common thread amongst gyms to write annoyingly complex contracts and then not actually have anyone understand the implications of the complexity. Smile

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33