Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Ball of Fury

No but I think some insurances cover if there is a referral. Maybe not.

You might check.  My insurance "covers" it in that it applies toward my deductible, but we have an HSA so have to pay for everything up to $4000 per person anyway.  You can go to the Graston website and search for providers in your area.  I am also curious why the steroids (not that I am disagreeing just curious)?  Did he think it was a tendonitis?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Roll - What is your thought on the steroids? Do it because of the doctor's opinion even if you aren't 100% on board?

Ami - have fun in Chicago

Don't agree 100% but willing to try. Steroid to strengthen muscular connection to bone that may have been compromised.

indi - I agree with Nick.

cbus - kings in 6 games. They are staring to look like favorite IMO.

Ami - to much $ for me to throw at it.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Roll:  Totally understand!  If my employer didn't contribute $4000 annually to my HSA and we didn't have $ in that account already, I would have been much more hesitant!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Rusk Runner

Yeah, it is my full intention to keep using the bike.  Certainly to ride on non running days and maybe more.  I actually enjoy it, but I highly doubt I will ever get seriously into it.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Smashy!!!

Roll, I certainly hope you're right. SJ is almost impossible to beat at home. But Greene coming back is a real game changer.

Ran 10 today. Tomorrow is a SRD due to travel.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hey all - URD here  - no spin or anything- my cold has made its way into my lungs.  FUN!  I stayed home from work because I feel really lousy and run down.  I'm just taking it as easy as possible and resting with my dog.

I will post the good race pic when I can download the full size.

I should add that depending how the fall goes, I may run Shamrock as a warmup race for Poconos next spring...the way I did Hartford before Philly.  We'll see.  My physical recovery has been a quick turnaround.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Rusk Runner

Ordered a new bike.  Schwinn Fastback sport2.  Awesome price for the gearset that it has on it.  Much like my running, I will eed to get a light as I will be doing most of it in the morning (or night if you are cbus).  I will be riding tomorrtow instead of running , to make sure I dont do too much too soon and reinjure the soleus.  I dont reckon its fully healed so I am going to do everything easy peasy for awhile.

Sorry to hear you are sick Sprinkles.  But hey, tie witht he dog can be enjoyable cant it?

Just Run!!!

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Glad you're better Indi.  Stay healthy everyone!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

I doubled up today on the runs. 4.5 in the mid day heat/humidity and another 6 after I replaced a kitchen sink faucet, gate latch and mowed. Shin felt pretty good on the second run. Thinking about just stretching and excercise to get through this, I hate taking meds. Seems like band aids on bullet holes IMO.

please be safe this Memorial Day and remember that a designated driver is more fun than murder charges.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

You are getting stronger everyday Roll!  And I agree with you on the band aid thing.

Thanx Strider.

Please everybody have a safe weekend and if you get a moment, I beg of you to take pause and remember those who have given all only to assure us and others opportunity to live as free people.  For those of you who like me chose to serve this great country, I salute you, and you are forever my brothers and sisters.

I plan to put in 10 or 15 miles on the crappy bike today.  I look forward to the arrival of the new one.

Just Run!!!

Have a good Memorial Day weekend everyone. One more hose showing today and then we are going up to Port Austin for the rest of the weekend.

10.5 easy miles for me this morning, starting out it was 34deg. Warmed up pretty quick though. 

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  14.11 miles this morning.  I cut it short because of the heat.  It was not even 9am and the heat index was close to 90F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DetroitTigerFan

Have a great weekend and safe weekend everyone

As Indy said, thank you to all of you who served our country ! Indy - weren't you in the military ?

Sprinkles - hope your cold gets better - was this cold the traditional post marathon cold that a lot of folks get or just a bug going around?

Nick - have fun in PA - I go up there too at my aunt and uncles place - have you run on M25 before ?  I did one of my 16 milers there last year (roughly a route from downtown PA to Pt Cresent State Park and back)  and it was great, although running east first thing in the morning can be interesting on a sunny day - so bring the sunglasses Smile  They have a great farmers market down there on Sat's.  I just wish they had some more restuarants up there. Garfield Inn and Breakers closing really have limited the options in past years. If you take M53 - stop by Charlie Brown's ice cream place in Almont Smile

Docket - nice run in the heat - are there any good shaded areas to run down there ?

Me - just got back from 12 - as Nick noted its flippin cold, but the sun makes it feel so much better !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Bahaha.  No shade where I live.  And I mean that literally.

Have a great weekend and safe weekend everyone

As Indy said, thank you to all of you who served our country ! Indy - weren't you in the military ?

Sprinkles - hope your cold gets better - was this cold the traditional post marathon cold that a lot of folks get or just a bug going around?

Nick - have fun in PA - I go up there too at my aunt and uncles place - have you run on M25 before ?  I did one of my 16 milers there last year (roughly a route from downtown PA to Pt Cresent State Park and back)  and it was great, although running east first thing in the morning can be interesting on a sunny day - so bring the sunglasses Smile  They have a great farmers market down there on Sat's.  I just wish they had some more restuarants up there. Garfield Inn and Breakers closing really have limited the options in past years. If you take M53 - stop by Charlie Brown's ice cream place in Almont Smile

Docket - nice run in the heat - are there any good shaded areas to run down there ?

Me - just got back from 12 - as Nick noted its flippin cold, but the sun makes it feel so much better !

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Indiana- dog made it way better!  My dad, father in law and best friend's husband are all vets.  After my birthday (which I am hogging), they get the rest of the weekend!.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Docket and Rollcast - nice runs!  Sorry the heat is sapping you guys - its cold here now again but I'm not running.

DTF - I have no idea if this cold is post marathon or not - my two coworkers are both sick, so its entirely possible that I already caught it the week before.

Ugh so, Hartford wants me to pace the full marathon the week after wineglass - I'm on the fence about it- I'm going to see how my recovery times are going at the end of the plan.  I can run a 4:10 easy,a nd I feel totally recovered a week later (minus the cold), so we'll see.  DH got me a soulcycle card for my birthday- more spin classes - and so did my parents.  So far 30 feels the same as 29 Smile.  Tonight is a Mexican party with friends (Mexican is my favorite food ever), and I'm about to get a manicure/pedicure.  I'm not sure what to tell them about my feet- paint the skin???

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55