Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Rusk Runner

Happy Birthday Sprinkles!  You are soooo young!

DTF - Yes, I am retired Navy.  I did 20 years and 11 days.  I have been working for the Army for 10 years now.

Small victory today.  Rode 15 miles and got all the way up a killer hill that I thought there was no way I coud ride a bike on.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Thanks!

Indiana- What do you do on the day of the annual Army-Navy Game? Root Navy and take a lot of flack from your coworkers?  I used to coach the US Military Academy Debate Team, so I've spent a lot of time on Army grounds - West Point has some gorgeous running.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

Good afternoon!  Ran 7+ miles at the track this morning.  Started with a w/u mile of 9:43 then followed with 8:31, 8:26, 8:19, 8:04, 8:06, 8:02.  Progression run I guess?  Trying to let the paces fall where they will right now.  I'll worry about hitting the numbers when the Hansons quality work starts in a couple of weeks.

Sorry many of you are having less than ideal Memorial Day weekend weather.  We are having better luck in the South.  Tomorrow and Monday are definitely pool days.  Gotta get all the necessary chores and errands done today.

Sprinkles:  Happy birthday!  30 is no different than 29.  Just like 40 is no different than 39.  And I'm sure 50 will be no different than 49 when I get there in a couple of years.  That's my story anyway!  Enjoy your day!

Indy:  Thanks so much for your military service.  There are never enough kudos for that!

Roll:  Glad you are feeling better.  Hoping for the best from the Blackhawks tonight.  They've dug themselves a deep hole.  

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Indy says GO NAVY, BEAT Army!!!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Happy birthday, Sprinkles!  I noticed 30 wasn't much different from 29, either.  Fantastic pic of the pup cuddling the shoe, too!  Makes us Mizuno lovers proud that your pup has good taste in shoes. Smile

Indy: I'm contemplating getting a bike one of these days for some of the same reasons you did: active recovery, low-impact cardio, and in my case, getting around a city where public transit can be a pain in the butt at times other than rush hour.

Ami, Roll, Indy, and others who are banged up or sick, I hope you all are feeling better and on the mend.

Me: I got into Ottawa last evening; picked up my packet this morning and scouted the route from my hotel to the start/finish.  Then spent some time wandering around Ottawa being a tourist because I've never been here before, and then have spent the rest of the day trying to stay off my feet as much as possible.  Weather is still supposed to be good; it looks to be in the mid to high 40s at the start, rising to mid to high 50s by the finish.  Only wild card may be wind; it was whipping today but is supposed to slack off a bit tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg- I haven't noticed much of a difference since 20 either, except for that I can't just pound a pina colada and then feel awesome the next day, and iI can't just lose 5 pounds by sneezing anymore.

Indy- FIgured as much!

Flinders- Enjoy Ottawa and good luck.  Hope its cool up there!  Let us know how it goes and if we can track you.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Flinders- Enjoy Ottawa and good luck.  Hope its cool up there!  Let us know how it goes and if we can track you.

Stalk away.  Bib # 1019

http://www.sportstats.ca/displayResults.xhtml?racecode=104380

mdawg87

Mdawg- I haven't noticed much of a difference since 20 either, except for that I can't just pound a pina colada and then feel awesome the next day, and iI can't just lose 5 pounds by sneezing anymore.

Indy- FIgured as much!

FYI...this only becomes more pronounced as you age.  IMO, fighting the aging battle begins at about 27.   Oh, and DH says he'll pace you to a 1:38 HM in Lehigh if you're up for it.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Flinders - good luck brother !

MDawg - Blackhawks pulled out a must win.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg - That would be FANTASTIC...I really hope my fitness spells sub-1:40 by the end of this cycle.  I think on that course it should.  My 1:45 had some formidable hills in it.

Me- birthday was good.  Dog woke me up at 8:30.  DH and I are photographing our friends' baby announcement with our DSLR today.  My cold is still there and between that and allergies I think despite slightly nicer weather, I will take my run inside today if it even happens.

DetroitTigerFan

Flinders and Josh - good luck with your races today !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 and weights tonight, some with hubby.

Flinders, josh, good luck!!!!!!!

Have a great Sunday!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Thanks, all!

Finished in 3:31:56.

Everything went pretty much perfectly.

Thanks, all!

Finished in 3:31:56.

Everything went pretty much perfectly.

Wow. Thats a great time! What were your splits