Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Docket_Rocket

And BOOM!  Congrats.

Thanks, all!

Finished in 3:31:56.

Everything went pretty much perfectly.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Awesome race Flinders!!!!  Sounds like everything went perfectly indeed!  Enjoy a good ale tonight.

Going for a run once I get the family fed after they return from church.  Hoping for 7 or 8.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

Well CRAP.  4.38 miles into a run and I felt my calf give again.  Walked the 1 mile home and took an Aleve.  Will give another week of rest minimum and try to start really slow and easy again.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Ugh.  Hope the next run goes better.  Sorry to hear that.

Well CRAP.  4.38 miles into a run and I felt my calf give again.  Walked the 1 mile home and took an Aleve.  Will give another week of rest minimum and try to start really slow and easy again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ap4

Awesome race Flinders!

Sorry, Indy.  I know how much this pains you, hang in there.

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Great job Flinders!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

mdawg87

Evening all.  Had a great day at the pool with another one to follow tomorrow.  Run was excellent this morning as well.  Ran 10 miles at The Silver Comet Trail.  It's the closest thing we have to flat terrain.  Lots of cyclists and runners out today.  I ran a 9:24 w/u mile with the other miles between 9:05 and 9:00.  Flats are a wonderful thing when you train on hills!

Flinders:  Fantastic time!  Congrats and can't wait to read your race report.

Indy:  So sorry.  Take it slow and easy.  Baby steps.

Roll:  Blackhawks responded well.  Now they need to carry that momentum into game 6.  The Joe will be rockin' tomorrow night.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Spectacular race at Ottawa, Flinders!

Sorry to hear about your setback, Indy,

Paced my son for the last 25 miles of his trail ultra, the Sulphur Springs 100 Miler, last night, from midnight to the finish at 6:30am. He finished in 24 hrs and 29 minutes, a heroic effort which left him absolutely trashed. He could not run at all for the last hour and a half, not even a shuffle. Those ultra guys and girls are tough! I am extremely proud of his determination and he raised a lot of money for a charity in Zimbabwe.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Docket_Rocket

Wow. congrats!

Spectacular race at Ottawa, Flinders!

Sorry to hear about your setback, Indy,

Paced my son for the last 25 miles of his trail ultra, the Sulphur Springs 100 Miler, last night, from midnight to the finish at 6:30am. He finished in 24 hrs and 29 minutes, a heroic effort which left him absolutely trashed. He could not run at all for the last hour and a half, not even a shuffle. Those ultra guys and girls are tough! I am extremely proud of his determination and he raised a lot of money for a charity in Zimbabwe.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Damn Flinders!  NICE RUN!  I'm not even going to pretend not to be totally jealous of how amazing a 3:31 is.  Just, wow.  Full RR wanted.

Indy- Ugh I HATE setbacks like that - so awful.  Ugh.  I hope the next run goes better.

Me- Still dealing with painful sinuses.  I'm feeling a little roly poly after indulging for my bday so I think I'll use that as a good excuse to go for a run tomorrow.  I'll probably use the local gym since I completely forgot a watch or belt, so I am woefully unprepared for running outdoors (ugh).

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

mdawg87

7 easy outdoor miles this morning with DH.  Headed out to the pool with friends after breakfast.  3 day weekends make me think this whole work/career thing is overrated.

Simon:  Congrats to your son.  That's quite an accomplishment.

cbus:  It's a do or die game 7 for the Kings.  Glad they have home ice advantage.

Sprinkles:  Feel better!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, 14 miles full of migraine and nausea.  I wanted to do my only LR before San Francisco (well, apart from the marathons) but I jut had to cut it short as the nausea was getting worse.  Still, a very solid run.

mdawg, nice 7.

AmiK, feel better!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Thanks, all!  RR is up in its own thread.  It is a bit of a novel, so fair warning. Smile

Trip home was easy, and I've spent the day today on my couch eating ice cream.  In the day-after soreness, I'm noticing the worst offenders are my hip flexors, so I'll take a note of that to make sure to focus on them during the next cycle.

Sprinkles: hope you're cold is better!

Indy:  Gah!  Hope you heal up quickly!

Docket: Nice 14! I cant fathom trying to run with a migraine.  When I get them I just want to curl up in a ball with a pillow over my head.

Simon: Congrats to your son!  That's super impressive!

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Fortunately, this one was mild (is there such a thing?  LOL) and the worst was the nausea.  I thought I was going to puke the first gel and all.  It got OK then it got worse again so I quit.  I could pushed 2-3 more miles but as you know, migraines dehydrate you so I was very dehydrated by then.

Thanks, all!  RR is up in its own thread.  It is a bit of a novel, so fair warning. Smile

Trip home was easy, and I've spent the day today on my couch eating ice cream.  In the day-after soreness, I'm noticing the worst offenders are my hip flexors, so I'll take a note of that to make sure to focus on them during the next cycle.

Sprinkles: hope you're cold is better!

Indy:  Gah!  Hope you heal up quickly!

Docket: Nice 14! I cant fathom trying to run with a migraine.  When I get them I just want to curl up in a ball with a pillow over my head.

Simon: Congrats to your son!  That's super impressive!

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Simon - Congrats to your son!

Docket - Hope you feel better!

mdawg - I too think the whole career thing is over rated.

10 miles on the bike today.  Thats about the most I can do without aggrivating the calf/soleus.  Will do an SRD tomorrow and I think I will stick strictly to walking and cycling for about two weeks.  After that I am going to ease back into running and hopefully build my base up again with some easy running.

Just Run!!!