Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

mdawg87

Good morning!  Strength training, cycling, and stretching at the gym.  Weather is nuts in the eastern part of the U.S.  More like March than May in Atlanta this weekend.  May be running in a monsoon Saturday and Sunday.  I'm going to try and put one of the 3 running jackets I bought specifically for rain to use.  In the past, I've always chickened out and run on the TM.  Time to suck it up and go a little hardcore!  Of course, I'm saying this now while I'm inside, warm, and dry.

Shoe rotation:  Never have done it.  I've always worn one pair until I needed a new pair.  Running in the Mizuno Wave Rider 16s right now and loving them.

Race travel:  Love it as it's a combination of vacation and racing.

Jedi/Sprinkles:  I'm committed to running my easy runs easy this cycle.  Like you, running them too fast has gotten me into trouble.  I think that's one of the major components to having success with a Hansons plan too...well, any plan really.

AmiK:  I sent you a message on FB too, but haven't gotten on there to see if you got it.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

onemile

Half price reg til 5/5 Wink

http://www.carmelmarathon.com/pages/home

Oh....  I was always thinking it was Carmel, California which is a bit south of the Bay area.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Took a sick day from work yesterday (first all year), and basically slept for most of it. Feeling better today, but still coughing, and still feel tired. We'll see what the doc can do for me this afternoon.

Indianapolis is not too far from Columbus--maybe I could do the half at Carmel.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey, I see that Carmel has a marathon relay. Would anyone be interested in doing that?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

I WOULD.  But I already signed up for the full.  Sad

Hey, I see that Carmel has a marathon relay. Would anyone be interested in doing that?

Ball of Fury

Good morning!  Strength training, cycling, and stretching at the gym.  Weather is nuts in the eastern part of the U.S.  More like March than May in Atlanta this weekend.  May be running in a monsoon Saturday and Sunday.  I'm going to try and put one of the 3 running jackets I bought specifically for rain to use.  In the past, I've always chickened out and run on the TM.  Time to suck it up and go a little hardcore!  Of course, I'm saying this now while I'm inside, warm, and dry.

Shoe rotation:  Never have done it.  I've always worn one pair until I needed a new pair.  Running in the Mizuno Wave Rider 16s right now and loving them.

Race travel:  Love it as it's a combination of vacation and racing.

Jedi/Sprinkles:  I'm committed to running my easy runs easy this cycle.  Like you, running them too fast has gotten me into trouble.  I think that's one of the major components to having success with a Hansons plan too...well, any plan really.

AmiK:  I sent you a message on FB too, but haven't gotten on there to see if you got it.

I didn't....don't think I got a friend request either?  Unless I confirmed it last night after the shots of Patron Dead.  Headed to chiro...catch up later!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Hey all.

Shoes.  I have four right now, but I've really only been rotating two of them.  The old ones are waiting for their final run next month - a mud run.  The newest ones have zero miles still and will enter the rotation closer to Marathon day to break them in but keep them fresh.  The middle two get the training miles.

DW ran this morning and had a really great 4 mile run.

I had a slow and miserable 12 miles last night.  I just felt like my legs didn't want to go.  Half way through I realized I was running a pint low - blood that is.  Anyone else donate while in a training cycle?  Does it really make that much difference?

akalei

4 pages since yesterday?! You guys are chatty! Smile  Got in 4 easy miles this morning; the last before Broad Street!  Hoping for somewhere between 1:15-1:20, but I'm thinking it'll be closer to 1:20 given that I'll be running with 40,000 of my closest friends.  Anyway, my running buddy spotted some ducks and decided to take a swim this morning.  That dog is so lucky he's cute.  Anyway...

Mdawg: Good luck with the weather this weekend!  It seems like the weather is crazy everyhwere... snow in Denver, colder in Dallas than Central PA... talk about climate change.

DTF: I'm currently rotating 2 pairs of shoes, the Sucony Kinvara and Virrata.  This is the first time I've ever rotated shoes, and I'm glad I finally am.  Also, tired legs and tired sleepy are a huge difference IMO.  Tired legs mean the hills I run nearly kill me, tired Ashley means the hills just make me cranky.  Much to DH's chegrin.

Roll: Now you're making me hungry for Thai food... I haven't hand any in forever!  YUM.

Sprinkles: Yes please to the BQ Party for 2015!  It also takes a little pressure off knowing that Wineglass won't be the end-all-be-all for the BQ.  If I miss it there, I run Shamrock full in March.  Speaking of Shamrock, you should totally do it.  We had my parents, my in laws, both bro-in-laws, and DH's cousin with us for it this year and it was a blast!  Everyone except my dad did one of the races, and it was DH's parents' first race.  We said it's definitely going to be a family plan every year going forward because J&A knows how to put on a great event.

Jedi: That article was indeed interesting, but you guys can't get down on yourselves!  If I'm confident, and I have THE WORST self-confidence ever (product of being the chubby cheerleader on the squad in HS), you guys have to be, as well.  That pace calculator was pretty helpful, too.

Bago: Completely agree on having to enjoy running.  I think regardless of whether you're shooting for a time goal, BQ, whatever, if you don't enjoy what you're doing, it's utterly pointless to do it.  I often (maybe too often) leave the watch or GPS at home and just go run with pup anymore, which I swear has made me faster than some gadget ever will.  Alby can turn out a 7 min mile like nobody's business. Joking

Happy Friday everyone!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Ball of Fury

Back from the chiro and I really liked him.  He is nice and knowledgeable and works with a TON of runners, one of whom he thinks could win the Flying Pig Saturday (except apparently 2 of the guys from Born to Run are now coming so maybe not).  Anyway, he watched me walk and all that stuff, then did ART and he said my hip loosened up pretty well and he thinks the steroid injections helped.  He said he expected worse since I have been dealing with the issue for over 4 months, and that he is optimistic, so yay!  I ran 3 pretty hungover miles this morning @ 9:26/mile, no pain or limping, but definitely tight by the end.

Shoe rotation:  I now have 5 pair to rotate and I really like it...keeps the shoes feeling fresh.  I run in Brooks PF 2, Saucony Kinvara 3 (those are new), Wave Rider 15 and 16s, and New Balance 1080V.  Love them all for different reasons.

Akalie:  Good luck at Broad Street!

Dark Streets:  I have read that donating can make you feel fatigued while running for up to 3-4 weeks I think.

CBus:  I hope your MD appointment goes well and you get rid of the sickness.  Yes, please run Carmel with us!  I am commited to the full for now because I would like to make it a BQ attempt but who knows how it will go.

MDawg:  Sounds like crazy weather all over.  I actually don't mind running in the rain, as long as the wind is super crazy and it's not freezing.  Maybe send me a message on here with your facebook name and I will try to friend you?

Jedi:  Good luck this weekend...you are going to smash it!

Sprinkles:  Yay for Shamrock!  I think it will be fun.  What pace group are you pacing Sunday?

Josh:  Nice 5, fly-fishing, and beer drinking...sounds wonderful!

Simon:  Good luck to you this weekend as well.

Roll:  Speedy 6 miles there!  I hate those little yappy dogs that chase you or try to bite you because it makes you feel stupid running away from a 4-6 lb dog!  Oh and do you have actual proof you're not a creeper?

Ap4:  Nice easy, peasy run!

Damaris:  Glad you arrived in PR and good luck!  Try not to melt!

Roll:  Speedy 6 miles there!  I hate those little yappy dogs that chase you or try to bite you because it makes you feel stupid running away from a 4-6 lb dog!  Oh and do you have actual proof you're not a creeper?

I am embarrased to say it but I actually turned and started chasing the dog hoping it would run off. Well that worked up to the point that I turned around and started back on route, then that little turd came back for me. Then i felt super intellegent.  Creeper......no proof just donut crumps

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Too far for me to travel in that time of the year with soccer.

Half price reg til 5/5 Wink

http://www.carmelmarathon.com/pages/home

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Ever since I had a dog attack me last summer on a run very leery of any dog. This dog had a irresponsible owner and dog just pounced on back of my legs and hit pavement knees first. Dusted myself off andf kept running though.Smile

I am embarrased to say it but I actually turned and started chasing the dog hoping it would run off. Well that worked up to the point that I turned around and started back on route, then that little turd came back for me. Then i felt super intellegent.  Creeper......no proof just donut crumps

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Akalei - I def feel better about BQ 2015 than 2014.  I'm not ready for a BQ at Cleveland, even if I am confident that I can set a solid PR, I think 8:30 is more realistic of a pace for me.  Wineglass: BRING IT.  I just got my niece and her fiance (DH's side- he's the youngest by 20 years - oops!) to sign up for the half and the full respectively.  I def want to do Shamrock.  I don't know if I can rock out a full by March though, so it might be the half for me (I have 3 marathons in the fall, possibly 2 and a half depending on whether I switch to the Charlotte Half), so I am going to need most of December off.

Ami: I am pacing the 2:20 group.  I'm aiming to run 10;20-10:25's to leave room for tangents and water stops.  I'm kind of excited.  i'm planning on getting up early tomorrow and running 10 miles before leaving for NJ to make my legs tired enough to handle the slower pace.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles:  Pacing sounds like fun...good luck!  I am planning on the half at Shamrock as well since we have the Carmel full a month later.

White Lightning

Flyfishing? I thought I was the only fly fisherman here. Sweet.

This is what 6 hours got me yesterday.  First cutthroat of the year.

Play the Game Hard!