Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

Sprinkles - That is cool that you are going to be a pacer. I always wondered how people got into pacing, I would be afraid that I would screw up and be inconsistent with a bunch of people relying on you. Good Luck!

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

This is what 6 hours got me yesterday.  First cutthroat of the year.

Nice. Lucky dawg! On a dropper or top?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Sprinkles: Yes please to the BQ Party for 2015!  It also takes a little pressure off knowing that Wineglass won't be the end-all-be-all for the BQ.  If I miss it there, I run Shamrock full in March.  Speaking of Shamrock, you should totally do it.  We had my parents, my in laws, both bro-in-laws, and DH's cousin with us for it this year and it was a blast!  Everyone except my dad did one of the races, and it was DH's parents' first race.  We said it's definitely going to be a family plan every year going forward because J&A knows how to put on a great event.

Likewise I had a blast.  I'm also thinking of doing the Shamrock every year.  I can add it to Lake Wobegon and Chicago.

White Lightning

Nice. Lucky dawg! On a dropper or top?

not sure what either of those mean, lol.  But I caught it with my simple nymph rig.  Little beadhead nymph with a small strike indicator on the surface

Decided to take a SRD today, feel a bit rundown and we've had rain and wind for most of the day.

Play the Game Hard!

Rusk Runner

That would be a dropper Josh.  Please tell me you ate that fish.  Just cooked a half of a filet of salmon tonight.  Delicious with teriyaki sauce cooked to bubbling.

PT really worked me over today on my request.  Ran 10.2 miles prior to my visit @ 9:24 pace or something like that.  Super comfortable run.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

That would be a dropper Josh.  Please tell me you ate that fish.  Just cooked a half of a filet of salmon tonight.  Delicious with teriyaki sauce cooked to bubbling. 

Its like french cooking terms, I know how to do it but can never remember the names.  We aren't able to keep any trout until June 16th so its all catch and release right now.  Even then we are allowed only one and it has to be under 14" to keep.  The section of river I fish up here is world class trout fishing with an estimated 2500 catchable trout per mile

Play the Game Hard!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

AmiK- I've never paced anyone before so I'm nervous but excited!  I'm pacing the 2:20 half.  I actually signed up well before I ran a sub-1:50, so I think this might be hard.

Nick - I got into it by asking a teammate of mine who is pacing the full and has done it in past years.  I figured it looks like fun.

Shamrock: glad to hear everyone loves it.  I'm gonna do it.  I will wait until later to register just to be sure everything works out but I need a race for that weekend anyway.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

not sure what either of those mean, lol.  But I caught it with my simple nymph rig.  Little beadhead nymph with a small strike indicator on the surface

Decided to take a SRD today, feel a bit rundown and we've had rain and wind for most of the day.

I do mostly saltwater. I dream of the day I need a 4 weight and a barbless hook. Do you tie your flies? Match the hatch.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!  SRD today.  We saw my dad and DH's aunt.  We had a great time while eating pizza and drinking beer!

The weather is hideous.  At 9am  it was 91F and 73 dewpoint.  Even my dad commented on how bad the humidity was and he lives here.  Oh, well.  Have fun is my number one goal.

Have a great weekend.  I'll check when I can.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! SRD for me today. Heading to expo at 9am to get my packet and then go to movies with my son to go see Iron Man 3. I'm a big comics geek so looking forward to it. Just taking it easy today to do some work tomorrow.

Damaris - sounds like you are having fun. Show!em how it's done.

Sprinkles - have fun pacing. I'd love to do that some day.  2:20 will be easy for you.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Ran the 5K (chiro told me I could!)....was doing great until mile 2, where I was 7th OA female until I had to stop and stretch my hip for a bit....ugh!  Was on my way to a pretty good PR I think (7:15/mile pace) and then just fell out of the groove after that.  Anyway, 23:39.

Jedi:  Have a great day and good luck tomorrow!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

bagopux

Shamrock: glad to hear everyone loves it.  I'm gonna do it.  I will wait until later to register just to be sure everything works out but I need a race for that weekend anyway.

I'm in that boat.  It's only a 4 hour drive for me to Va Beach and I probably wouldn't run it for time anyway, so having a choice hotel location is not all that critical.  I'm just gonna wait on it for now.  I'm really happy that a bunch of donuts are finally going to meet up and I'd like to be there.

mdawg87

7 TM miles at an 8:41 pace at the gym.  Practicing my marathon pace.  Feels pretty comfortable.  Hope that bodes well!  So, yeah, I wimped out on running in the rain again.  It's 50 degrees, windy and rainy.  If it wasn't windy, I might have tried it.  However, my hot house flower nature won out yet again!

AmiK:  congrats on gutting out in the 5k.  That's still a great time.

Jedi:  enjoy the expo.  

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Jedi- I loved Ironman 3. Saw it last night.

Docket- That's so sweaty and hot, I'm dying in 72 today.

Ami- nice 5k! I still haven't really raced one- I did one 1.5 years ago at a 9:00 pace, and that PR still stands.

MDawg- nice MP run!

Me- 10 miles @ 8:02 avg pace. I tried to slow it down, but my legs felt fresh and the weather was great, so I went with it.  So sweaty now.  I hope this means the marathon is gonna go well!!!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Morning, all.

7 easy @ 8:50 this morning.

Ami: congrats on the 5K!

Jedi: Smash it tomorrow!  Sad that I couldn't get up there to run it this year.

Josh:  That looks like fun!

Everyone else: Hi!  Nice running, all.  Sorry for the bit of a drive by shout-outs.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33