Sub-4 Marathon Group

August 2013 (Read 41 times)

Docket_Rocket

There you go, RVD!

12 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

You go girl!

mdawg87

11 miles w/9 at GMP.  GMP miles were 8:12, 8:22, 8:23, 8:24, 8:32, 8:36, 8:35, 8:26, and 8:23.  Can you guess where the hills were?  HUMID this morning.  I could have used my larger handheld vs. the smaller one.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

DetroitTigerFan

Solid 7 easy miles at 4 am - no bad guys or zombies, so that was good.... lol

Happy Friday - gettin' ready for the 18 mile beast this weekend

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Rusk Runner

DTF - 4 AM?  Did we pull you over to the dark side?  I like running at that time, I just dont really care for getting up at that time.  Alas, life dictates that I get up early.  But at least it is cooler in a way.

You dont enjoy your 18 to 20 mile runs?

I was reviewing my training plan for April.  Long runs as follows: 14, 15, 16, 14, 16, 18, 18, 14, 20, 10/12 (BTB), 22, 14, 24, 10/18(BTB), 10/14(BTB), 24, 10/18(BTB), 10/14(BTB), 31, 14, 25,18, 10, 50.  Hmmmmmm.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

I'll do my 3wu+8MP+3cd = 14 later after a half day at work.  I could have done them this morning at 66F, but would have had to get up at 0345.  :-(  So, instead I'll be giving it a try around noon in bright sunshine at about 83F - 85F, but with a lower DP than usual, 67F - 68F.  I do run better later in the day, so will just have to see how this goes.  Maybe it because the coffee has had time to settle in....

Docket_Rocket

Indi, looking at plans lime that could freak you out.

Morning!  12 miles went well last night.  SRD today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Docket - I have other plans much stronger than this, but the question is do I have the time to do them.  Probably not.

Just Run!!!

Rusk Runner

5 miles @ 8:45 avg pace w/ HR just 3bpm above recovery rate.  83 deg and humid.  WTF?  I am a little suprised.

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

DTF - 4 AM?  Did we pull you over to the dark side?  I like running at that time, I just dont really care for getting up at that time.  Alas, life dictates that I get up early.  But at least it is cooler in a way.

You dont enjoy your 18 to 20 mile runs? 

Indy - lol - Pfitz has a recovery/GA run 24 hrs the day before the long run, so getting up early was the only way to do the plan right.  Last year, I did those runs the evening before and I think it was too aggressive to run long at 6 am when the prior day I was running at 8pm. It was an interesting experience this morning and i'm glad I did it. It guess it helps running by feel when you can't see you watch to look at pace,etc. I was totally in touch with my surroundings though - it was a little creepy Smile

I do like the challenge of the 18-20 milers, but sometimes its hard to fall asleep at 9 pm when it's light out and neighborhood kids are playing outside - lol. I always knock out my LRs in race conditions so it's an early morning.  It makes the rest of the weekend good though - nice to have Sat pm and Sunday to sleep in

Docket_Rocket

So true.  We all have to sacrifice something.  Although, I sometimes hope to win the lottery so I can really just...run.

Docket - I have other plans much stronger than this, but the question is do I have the time to do them.  Probably not.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Docket - I will be cycling during rest days also, so that is a minimum one hour outing.  I have shifted my long runs to Sunday as that is where I always do my long runs while family is at church.  There is a 5 mile run every Saturday before the long run and I may well get some short bike rides in every now and then also.  I have to keep in mind that most of this training will be taking place in the winter months.

I have gone through alot of trouble to find a way to have my endurance sport needs not collide with my family needs.  I have also come to realize that for me, just running one marathon a year and doing shorter distance stuff the rest of the year is probably a good idea.  The business of the 50 mile ultra is really just my turning 50 years old goal.  I still have a BQ goal that I want to meet.  Honestly, I think that BQ is well within my grasp and kind of silly at the same time.  I have no desire to run Boston whatsoever.

Just Run!!!

DetroitTigerFan

Finished my 18 at 9:34 in 62 degrees.  I started at 10:00 and somehow ran most of it ~9:30+/- with the last run at MP. I felt sluggish but my time was reasonable.  Pfitz says I should be running these at 9:39 - 10:36 and Hansons says 9:29 - 9:53. So, not sure if am I running these too fast. I ran the same plan last year and did this run in 9:55 in 69 degrees. Am I better or just running too fast ?

Have you ever run and totally lost memory of a segment of that run ? I was running today and at mile 3 was anticipating a challenging hill.  Next thing you know, i'm glancing at my watch and note that I had passed the tough hill point and didn't even remember running it ! I must have been in the zone for that mile or a donut time machine teleported me past it Smile

Hope everyone's long runs are going well !

MA runner girl

Dtf - i forget segments of runs all the time. Those are the best runs Smile nice run!!

hey guys. I suck at getting on here. Facebook is 100 times easier for me!

I ran 3 recovery miles this morning on the tm after a fantastic 6 miles in full sun and mid 80s Yesterday. I am feeling great these last 2 weeks. I'm excited for another 5k next weekend finally. Dh has to work but he felt bad so he asked my fil to come watch c while I'm racing. It will be nice to have a cheering section Smile

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

DTF: I zone out all the time.  It is an even better feeling when the zone-out happens on what I previously thought of as a tougher segment of the run; it means I have gotten fitter and thus the "hard part" isn't hard anymore.

10 easy this morning.  I'm enjoying my Hansons' easy weekend.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33